Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-fake-labour-manifesto-website-fact-check-general-election-a9212076.html

The ruling party are openly lying to the electorate but let's all laugh at melodramatic celebrities.

I would be surprised if these tactics actually help them and I find it very difficult seeing them being defended. I do think the tactics are a reaction to the previous election where Labour were able to make claims that went unchallenged e.g. they will ‘sort’ tuition fees which I think Matt has already pointed out.

I do find it strange that despite labour leading this poll, it appears only Alf openly supports Labour being elected on here unless I have missed someone?  

9 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Matt you've lost your mind if you think a joke web page is equivalent to the ruling party deliberately misleading the public.

You lefties are just so innocent and honest.........

https://thebrexitparty.com/

Now when you get over you faux rage, start to look at the reality and if you want Marxism, then I hope you've got deep pockets to pay for it!!!!

1 minute ago, Guest said:

It's not really both "sides" is it? One's an admittedly immature and very unsubtle piss-take by some guy somewhere, one is the government masquerading as a legitimate fact-checker and paying Google to get their criticisms of the Labour manifesto above the manifesto itself in search listings

Are you suggesting that the name of a twitter account gives it legitimacy rather than the content and are you suggesting that they could not in deed fact check labours claims?

As far as the website great move on their part they only registered it 3 days ago under the very nose of the most tech savvy people in tge Uk who are going to deliver fiber broadband to the nation for 14 billion less than the company they are going to privatise say it will cost.

8 minutes ago, twoleftfeet said:

Are you suggesting that the name of a twitter account gives it legitimacy rather than the content and are you suggesting that they could not in deed fact check labours claims?

No, I'm suggesting exactly what I said in my post

4 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

The left and FAUX RAGE.  If it had been a picture of Boris and the same sort of comment, Metro Twitter would have been lapping it up.

Lefties, just don't like it up em!!

How is it 'faux' rage?

What a weird take on it.

59 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

You lefties are just so innocent and honest.........

https://thebrexitparty.com/

Now when you get over you faux rage, start to look at the reality and if you want Marxism, then I hope you've got deep pockets to pay for it!!!!

Interesting you want us to 'start to look at the reality' when you literally have the home secretary saying the government didn't cause poverty and blamed it on local authorities cutting costs on services.

Why the fvck do you think those local authorities have had to make cuts in the first place?! The government have been making cuts left, right and centre. 

Look at the fvcking reality of food bank usage increasing at an alarmingly high rate under Tory government. Look at the police cuts, the NHS cuts. There's your reality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How is it 'faux' rage?

What a weird take on it.

For the exact point I made.  If it had been Boris, yourself and Metro Twitter would have agreed and lapped it up. In reality it's just an opinion, a t-shirt, her opinion, but just so happens to be shared by many............

Difference is, when its anything digging at the left, there is a huge melt-down, harm is done, people are hurt, can life go on and then the pathetic calling for people to be SACKED for example. Such Rage.

Really?

Edited by Dirkster the Fox

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Interesting you want us to 'start to look at the reality' when you literally have the home secretary saying the government didn't cause poverty and blamed it on local authorities cutting costs on services.

Why the fvck do you think those local authorities have had to make cuts in the first place?! The government have been making cuts left, right and centre. 

Look at the fvcking reality of food bank usage increasing at an alarmingly high rate under Tory government. Look at the police cuts, the NHS cuts. There's your reality. 

Glad you asked.....

Not sure how old you were at the time, but please see the letter below from the outgoing Labour Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Liam Byrne in 2010. 

Labour handed over a pile of financial SH** to the coalition........ Do you honestly, really genuinely believe Labour would have done better?

Liam Byrne's note

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

For the exact point I made.  If it had been Boris, yourself and Metro Twitter would have agreed and lapped it up. In reality it's just an opinion, a t-shirt, her opinion, but just so happens to be shared by many............

A fvcking weird opinion with a vastly odd choice of picture to use the opinion against lol 

Corbyn literally protesting against racism yet Riley chooses to photoshop a 'Corbyn is a racist' picture on her own t-shirt.

Sorry but for me that goes far more than an 'opinion' even though it might be a shared one. 

Said on here earlier I think that I don't mind Riley campaigning against anti-semitism. It's a good cause. But she's so far up her own arse now she's overstepped the mark. Hey, just my opinion!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

A fvcking weird opinion with a vastly odd choice of picture to use the opinion against lol 

Corbyn literally protesting against racism yet Riley chooses to photoshop a 'Corbyn is a racist' picture on her own t-shirt.

Sorry but for me that goes far more than an 'opinion' even though it might be a shared one. 

Said on here earlier I think that I don't mind Riley campaigning against anti-semitism. It's a good cause. But she's so far up her own arse now she's overstepped the mark. Hey, just my opinion!

You neglected to comment on this bit though:

Difference is, when its anything digging at the left, there is a huge melt-down, harm is done, people are hurt, can life go on and then the pathetic calling for people to be SACKED for example. Such Rage.

Really?

8 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

You neglected to comment on this bit though:

Really?

Because some people on the right are utter imbeciles and they show it time and time again :)

Happy?

Also have we got a date for this report regarding interference from a far right state looking to destabilise the European democracies, or are we supposed to forget it the day after tomorrow in favour of our war against EastAsia?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Those Bolton folk are a laugh.  The guy who started off by saying he'd be taxed more as taxing the top 5% was a lie.  Then telling everyone he's on over 80 grand a year.  lol

And the woman who thinks solicitors dont earn 40k a year.  Rubbish!  lol

Question time on top form tonight.

He must be like a king in Bolton, he could by the town for that!

Hilarious though that he didn't think he wasn't in the top 5%, and that he thought every solicitor and doctor earned more than £80k.

Just now, RobHawk said:

They really need to stop inviting journalists on QT, they all like the sound of their voice too much. They add nothing to the debate and drone on and on.

Tories refused an invitation to go on Newsnight tonight 

They’re shit scared of the Rottweiler Emma Barnett 

6 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

They really need to stop inviting journalists on QT, they all like the sound of their voice too much. They add nothing to the debate and drone on and on.

The one they've got on tonight, Sherelle Jacobs, seems like she's off her tits on coke.

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Absolute state of this thread.

Comparing two joke sites owned by random blokes to a government-funded disinformation campaign.

Its very interesting that a couple posters are defending this to the bone whilst also advocating for a Home Secretary who wants to virtually militarise the police.

It reminds me of something but I can’t quite put my finger on it...

Food for thought chaps: maybe you’re looking at the wrong end of the spectrum talking about your Marxist boogeymen :dunno: 

"My authoritarian statism is better than your authoritarian statism!" in full effect, it seems.

I don't know, perhaps I'm just speculating here...but maybe, just maybe, the thing to blame is the system that makes things so confrontational and zero-sum itself, rather than the sides that are picked as a part of it?

• Like 1