Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Just now, NasPb said:

Know this kelechis thread but vardy did an excellent job play making today. He's passing the torch to kelechi. 

Agree. But think they will share it for awhile. Such a crazy season. Throwing everything against the wall and it all sticks.

Just now, SO1 said:

Sounds like something Rodgers did at Liverpool with Sturridge and Suarez to get both of their goals in the team. Although I think that was based more on defense and Sturridge not being to put in the same kind of shift/intensity as Suarez. Rodgers will do whatever it takes for more goals.

What I like about Brendan is that rather than having a singular system that only works one way, he will adapt a formation with the personnel to get the best out of them. For example Sarri at Napoli / Chelsea / Juventus only had one system that he played which when it worked, was incredible. That Napoli team of his was incredible in terms of what they could do. But because he didn't have the same players at Chelsea (despite signing Jorginho), he couldn't repeat the trick.

Going into next season we will have a great squad that doesn't have a "perfect" lineup. In 4231 we don't have a top class inside right forward. In the 3412 the left sided wingback though a great player isn't a natural left footed player, even though James Justin was an absolute baller there. So the best system is probably some hybrid between the two.

Also I think this is worth saying, I don't think we have once lined up full strength with all of our best players in their best positions. And to be honest as of writing, I don't think anyone even knows what that formation or set of players is! Kelechi would not have been in anyone's 11 at the start of the season, but oh boy! Not the case right now!

Brilliant manager, brilliant team, brilliant player in Kels. Brilliant time to support this club and the only bad thing is we can't be at the games to see it all live. Imagine seeing Nacho's goal tonight in the flesh! The roof would have come off the KP!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

If it didnt work at Stoke how many did you expect us to win by against a useful championship side

If the system did work, why did we not persevere with it instead of changing to the current formation?  :ph34r:

We were about 24 places better off than Stoke in terms of league position for that game and put out a strong side unlike the Puel days. We were going to win regardless of the system used.

Look back at the post match thread for that game. We won that game convincingly and Perez was about a 7 or 8 / 10. But he was neither linking up play like a Firminio (a real false 9) or working the front line like Vardy, even though he had a respectable performance. The formation was tried a few more times, but we lacked a goal threat, even though we did control the games decently enough. He never looked like scoring, in the Premier League, neither did anyone else.

In the new system, Perez looks like a much better player and is pushing Maddison for his place. In fact tonight Maddison was inconspicuous whereas Perez had some real moments of quality in his cameo and should have scored to wrap up the game.

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more I think he has to win our POTS award.

I was thinking he didn't play in the league the first half of the season so it's hard to give it to him, but he was outstanding in Europe in the first half of the season too as well as our FA Cup run. And when you consider it across all competitions, he should win it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Would literally be demolition jobs like the Sheffield United 5-0 :devil:

I'm not going to say it. And I'm trying real hard not to think it.

His finishing is excellent. For a player who’s all round game probably isn’t the best (probably doing him a slight injustice there) he’s brilliant when he comes alive in the box. Always hits the target and normally finds the corners. Very good at the basics in front of goal and cliche as it sounds he’s got those natural instincts that you are born with and can’t really teach. Coming in on his left foot on that crazy angle tonight I think he’s the only player in our entire squad who would’ve taken the shot on but what a brilliant goal. 
I absolutely love him and I’ve said it time + time again im  feeling awfully smug. I was a staunch defender of him when he was getting ripped to shreds by our fan

base and so pleased to see him doing well. Comes across as a thoroughly decent guy as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The more I think about it, the more I think he has to win our POTS award.

I was thinking he didn't play in the league the first half of the season so it's hard to give it to him, but he was outstanding in Europe in the first half of the season too as well as our FA Cup run. And when you consider it across all competitions, he should win it.

Yeah. Give JJ young player of the season, or preferably give it to them both. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, enmac said:

Finding it difficult to separate that goal tonight and JV's scoring THAT goal against Liverpool. Just before they happened the chances of scoring looked impossible. 

The first touch was a beauty, still work to do though but shifted the ball and hit it early to trick the goalie totally world class... for me the technique and skill there was world class and one of the goals of the season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeskeyForever said:

Genuinely I don't think I've ever seen a player improve as much as Kelechi has in this space of time, ever. We were literally done and dusted with him, more than happy to sell in January and now look! Of course consistency is going to be the main focus for him next season, but we could well have had our Vardy replacement in our ranks all along... 

I actually think Kel partnering Jamie in this formation will prolong Jamie's playing career. Not as much pressure on him as teams can't double team Jamie as kelichi drives teams crazy with his touch and pace and his ability to get Jamie into space. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The first touch was a beauty, still work to do though but shifted the ball and hit it early to trick the goalie totally world class... for me the technique and skill there was world class and one of the goals of the season 

Apart from JV's goal against Liverpool I can't think of a better goal scored by a City player. 

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Vardy with his movement and intellect has allowed nacho to thrive, Vardy just lacking that confidence to take the ball on early though, delaying too much when on goal or trying to peel off the last defender too early. Little things though and they will come back, because his pace and general quality is there 

That's the thing - we've waxed lyrical for so long about Vardy's all-round game being vital to the team, arguably more so than his goals, and the past couple of months have proven that and then some.

The fact that he's just a goal or two from no-doubt regaining his lethal streak in front of the net is a terrifying thought. The man's 34 and yet I swear he's actually regained some of the pace he seemed to be losing over the past year and a half since coming back into the fold. His assists for Kele against Southampton and West Brom were carbon copies - lungbusters down the left before cutting back for the Seniorman to finish.

Like I say - he regains that lethal edge in front of goal and he could yet be back to peak Jamie Vardy. With a lethal Iheanacho as a strike partner. And I'm still convinced he can be playing top-level football for at least two more years, possibly even up to 40.

Imagine.
eKmXpMR.png

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

As I was leaving the ground tonight, stopped for a chat with another media guy.

Mentioned Iheanacho and he said: "Now's the time to cash in."

Hadn't crossed my mind.

What if we get a silly £££ bid for him for this summer ... do we take it or not?

😂that is a joke right... he is still young and coming to his peak

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just asking the question.

Someone offers daft money we have a decision to make - will he get better or is this just a purple patch?

You can tell even before when at Man City he had this in his locker, a natural scorer with a great touch... his all round game has improved massively as well, holding off players and setting things up. This isn’t a purple patch this is his natural talent coming through, his potential being released

Edited by foxes_rule1978

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just asking the question.

Someone offers daft money we have a decision to make - will he get better or is this just a purple patch?

I believe if a team were to offer crazy money then Leicester would listen for sure. Having said that I don't think too many clubs will have a big bag of money to work with in the transfer market this Summer.