Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Take my hat off to Brendan. He has persisted and has enabled the team to build around him. His run of form has been quite incredible. I’m so happy for him, because I think we all thought there was something there, but perhaps his time had gone, full credit to him, what a mentality he must have. Long may it continue.

50 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He does seem a really nice lad, pleased for him.

I was thinking tonight, there is probably no one that could have been signed in January that would have had close to the impact as he's had.

It's so cliche but he's genuinely been like a new signing.

It's like we signed a worldie from Real Madrid for £80 M in the January window. Unbelievable! 

• Like 1

Just now, Andrew said:

Where has his last two months come from. To think we were all for selling him only a short while ago.

Not everyone wanted to sell him.His goals to minutes ratio has always been superb.He’s come through a lot.He was injured not long after joining.The manager that signed him got sacked.Then he’s had to adapt to being more than just a striker(fair enough)Sat waited for Vardy to slow down slightly.Which has taken ages.At time’s got into a bit of a rhythm then hit Walls.He’s grabbed his chance with both hands and proved 95% wrong.Some of the crap written about him on here has been laughable.Not celebrating enough v Brighton away a couple of seasons ago my personal favourite.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, enmac said:

Do you mean Players', PFA or City’s? I'd say all 3.

I'd love to say all 3 but in all fairness he'd not played enough in the first half ot the season but then again I'm not sure who the outstanding candidates are this season as there isn't one player in the premier league that's really stuck out imo. 

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He single handedly won us that game today, some of his goals this season have been ridiculously important and its as if he is immune to the significance. That goal tonight was extraordinary, it was Collymore at his peak, it was absolutely astonishing. 

I cannot emphasise how important this young man has been tonight, I don't recall a player taking a game by the scruff of the neck when we so badly needed it as he has this 2nd half. Even Rodgers managed to shower him with faultless praise and no reference to his erratic 1st touch. What a 1st touch for his goal, the adrenaline that he's evoked tonight is something else. Hairs on the back of the neck when you think about it, wow.

Yes agreed. Looks like we signed Collymore in the January window! 

• Like 1

Genuinely I don't think I've ever seen a player improve as much as Kelechi has in this space of time, ever. We were literally done and dusted with him, more than happy to sell in January and now look! Of course consistency is going to be the main focus for him next season, but we could well have had our Vardy replacement in our ranks all along... 

Bloke has been unbelievable. Can’t believe he’s the same guy that we endured (at best) for two and a half years.

His first touch can be hit or miss but it’s a non-issue. His finishing is sensational, his hold up play has come on leaps and bounds and he’s showing himself to be very capable operating as some kind of pseudo-target man. His decision making has improved no end, which has been the sort of turnaround we waited years to see from Gray and he never gave us a sniff. If anything, more so as Kel felt like even more of a lost cause than Demarai.

His application and ethic on the pitch is the thing I want to praise the most though. gone from looking lazy and uninterested to looking desperate to make something happen. No doubt linked to his confidence, but low confidence shouldn’t stop you from trying, so it’s almost an entire shift in character from that point of view. Massive credit to Rodgers for bringing this out of him, taking nothing away from Nacho.

Can’t say enough good things about him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

I'd love to say all 3 but in all fairness he'd not played enough in the first half ot the season but then again I'm not sure who the outstanding candidates are this season as there isn't one player in the premier league that's really stuck out imo. 

Lingard will probably win the PFA. Half the journos are Weat Ham fans. 

• Haha 1

Just now, HeskeyForever said:

Genuinely I don't think I've ever seen a player improve as much as Kelechi has in this space of time, ever. We were literally done and dusted with him, more than happy to sell in January and now look! Of course consistency is going to be the main focus for him next season, but we could well have had our Vardy replacement in our ranks all along... 

Nachos general play is amazing, Rodgers has had a massive impact with how he can hold it up and take a ball down under pressure... he looks the real deal, and he always had that strikers instinct in front of goal. It was about getting him to use that