Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Vardy has always been in your face, not giving up on anything, pure intensity type of player. 

In comparison Kelechi just gives off an aura of being the exact opposite, laid back, casual, too relaxed at times then there are moments like that second goal last night. :appl:

It annoys me when people says he's improved. He hasn't really, he's getting a chance and isn't being kicked to the kerb immediately. Luckily Rodgers' hand has been forced and it's allowed Kel some time to find some rhythm and show people how good he can be.

I'd love to think fans could learn that regular football is massive to see how good a player actually is, you can't write players off. Also maybe people will less smugly use "well I think the manager knows more than us" Like it's impossible for a manager to ever make an error in judgement.

I disagree with a lot of people who have gone over the top and described his all round game as exceptional. His first touch is very hit and miss and he's not exactly a fluid dribbler on the ball. His eye for a killer pass or a shot are insanely good though and that's why he will always be a handful when playing in a team that will see him have a lot of touches in the other teams box.

It's all or nothing with fans though isn't it... someone's either a competition winner or the best in the world haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Livid said:

Vardy has always been in your face, not giving up on anything, pure intensity type of player. 

In comparison Kelechi just gives off an aura of being the exact opposite, laid back, casual, too relaxed at times then there are moments like that second goal last night. :appl:

That second goal was pure wizardry. Great control under immense pressure, a composed turn and then - well, boomzid. 

• Like 3

Just now, Livid said:

That second goal, ball played up to him, two defenders, no danger and then its in the back of the net, the only other Leicester player I've seen that could get a goal from nothing was Mahrez.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

That second goal was pure wizardry. Great control under immense pressure, a composed turn and then - well, boomzid. 

The only other player we have had who can score that goal was Mahrez.  He plays in a different position but it feels like he is filling that void.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It annoys me when people says he's improved. He hasn't really, he's getting a chance and isn't being kicked to the kerb immediately. Luckily Rodgers' hand has been forced and it's allowed Kel some time to find some rhythm and show people how good he can be.

I'd love to think fans could learn that regular football is massive to see how good a player actually is, you can't write players off. Also maybe people will less smugly use "well I think the manager knows more than us" Like it's impossible for a manager to ever make an error in judgement.

I disagree with a lot of people who have gone over the top and described his all round game as exceptional. His first touch is very hit and miss and he's not exactly a fluid dribbler on the ball. His eye for a killer pass or a shot are insanely good though and that's why he will always be a handful when playing in a team that will see him have a lot of touches in the other teams box.

It's all or nothing with fans though isn't it... someone's either a competition winner or the best in the world haha.

Completely agree with this. I was never one to write him off, but won't be calling him world class either. We all knew he was a good finisher he just needed a run of games.

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I know it has been talked about endlessly and apologies for bringing it back up again, but has the 'buy back' clause definitely expired now?

No. When he signed his new contract it went down to £20. We are sooooo screwed. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Kel started playing this way last season. I really feel we should’ve used him more in the run in last year, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Right now it is a joy to watch an excellent player at the top of his game. I don’t think he can continue scoring/playing at this level, but if we stick with him through inevitable dips in form he will score us many more goals. 

I would love to see a front 3 of Kel, Vards abd Barnes - even if it is only something for the last 30 mins when we need a goal!

Pele, Vardy and John Barnes, could you imagine?

• Haha 2

Absolute goal scorer isn't he? I don't think I've seen anyone get as much power in a shot with so little backlift and momentum. Sometimes he will sky it but at the minute they're flying in more often than not. For all the negatives the 3 at the back bring, having players close to Iheanacho, occupying defenders has helped him massively. If we can build around him, he will score goals. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I know it has been talked about endlessly and apologies for bringing it back up again, but has the 'buy back' clause definitely expired now?

According to Percy, yes.

I don’t recall him ever getting anything wrong about Leicester City.