Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

I always knew there was a player there, but I really felt for the lad... we just simply never played to his strengths, but when we did give him a chance and he got some confidence you could see the potential. I couldn't be more happy for the lad, here's hoping this partnership lasts for some time. I'd say still a question mark on him being a lone striker, but pair him up with another and he's incredible.

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Absolute goal scorer isn't he? I don't think I've seen anyone get as much power in a shot with so little backlift and momentum. Sometimes he will sky it but at the minute they're flying in more often than not. For all the negatives the 3 at the back bring, having players close to Iheanacho, occupying defenders has helped him massively. If we can build around him, he will score goals. 

Err, he is scoring goals :ph34r:

Iheanacho has always had the potential but now we have the confidence and consistency. Suddenly we have the £50 million pound plus striker Manchester City recognised as a possibility when they agreed to sell him to us.

The way he controlled, turned and fired the ball in like a missile before anyone could move was superb. Goal of the season.

5 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Why does everyone call him "Senior Man" ? 

What does is mean? 

It's Nigerian slang for the main man you Dundee United* :thumbup:

* Dundee United is randomly Nigerian slang for idiot. I'm not really calling you an idiot I just love that fact and wanted to shoehorn it in somewhere :D

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

As I was leaving the ground tonight, stopped for a chat with another media guy.

Mentioned Iheanacho and he said: "Now's the time to cash in."

Hadn't crossed my mind.

What if we get a silly £££ bid for him for this summer ... do we take it or not?

Define "silly £££ bid".

Personally I would be open to it. There is a lot to be said for clubs like ours to sell players at their peak values. 

Like everyone else I think he has been amazing these last three months but he has been poor most of his time here so to sell him for "silly £££" is still optimal especially when it causes a few problems.

Do we keep him in the side?

Do we drop Vardy?

Do we play two up top?

If we play two up top then Barnes is less effective and do we need Trinicao or whoever?

Nice problems to have but BR has got to decide the path he intends to go down before we buy again in the summer. For £50m+ I would sell still.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

We've been agonising for 4 or 5 transfer windows over finding a future top striker to fill in when Vardy drops off. It turns out we've had one this whole time and now some of you lot want to cash in on him?  This place Istg

Contemporary judgements on historical actions is always a flattering look.  Footballs equivalent of virtue signalling. lol

Doubt he'd want to go. I think he feels comfortable at the club and i think it's his team mates that have done that and the management and coaching staff have provided the platform for him  to regain his confidence which i'm sure took a massive hit when he was sold by man city.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Contemporary judgements on historical actions is always a flattering look.  Footballs equivalent of virtue signalling. lol

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, he's a prolific striker stepping up to replace the goals provided by Vardy who's going through a drought.  I think most agree we were going to need a striker replacement in the next window or we'd be in real trouble.  That replacement comes along and some are entertaining the idea of selling them, it's not a virtue signal it's a question of common sense.

I wouldn't even consider anything below £80m.

We don't know yet if this is a purple patch, or his actual ability. His goals per min throughout his career suggests that the latter is more likely. If he keeps anything similar to this form up, at his age he'd be worth £100-120m. If he doesn't keep it up, he's still most likely made us more than £50m by carrying us to the CL.

We're still short of strikers and I wouldn't be selling our only potential realistic replacement to 34 y/o Vardy at a paltry £25m profit (or more like £10m profit if you deduct the wages paid over the last few years waiting for it to finally work out). 

Plus having his best friend around will help our chances of keeping Wilf here for a long while. 

• Like 4

Absolutely made up for him. Was so gutted when it just never looked like it was going to work out, considering he's always shown some unbelievable finishing ability.

Even in his baron spells, long-range curling efforts against Peterborough and Leeds spring to mind, but he just never looked close to scoring in any of the bigger games.

He started to hit his stride during winter last season. Scored some vital goals in the League Cup and that late winner against Everton. Then as soon as this season started he faded away again.

Incredible turn-around.

The goal reminded me of peak Mahrez last night.

The overall match-winning performance and effort level was exceptional.

It would be so easy for us to cash in and then spend £50m+ on a player who never reaches this level of performance or struggles to adapt to the Prem. I think it would be foolish to sell a 24 year old confidence player just as they've found their mojo. He's exactly what we've been looking for and the fact that he works best in a two makes the Vardy replacement conundrum a lot simpler as no player is going to have to come in and immediately be expected to contribute 20+ goals a season.

He's taken a long time to settle and find his role in the squad. I would imagine thast moving clubs is the last thing he wants to do.

• Like 1