Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

1 minute ago, ourla said:

He wasn't a big money signing and if memory serves me correct it was only an indifferent first season before he really found his straps.

Record fee for a non league player, at a time where £1m was a lot of money. A lot of us, me included couldn't see a way back for him but he's proved us all wrong. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ourla said:

He wasn't a big money signing and if memory serves me correct it was only an indifferent first season before he really found his straps.

75% of this forum would've snapped your hand off for £5m from West Brom lol

I always remind myself of this when I see a player slated on here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

75% of this forum would've snapped your hand off for £5m from West Brom lol

I always remind myself of this when I see a player slated on here.

I was here and yep there were people willing to sell him off lol same with nacho 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

We're building the attack around Kel from now on.

Makes me curious as to why Iheanacho can't play on his own. Is it speed? I don't know. Because this is the thing I hear is holding him back from being our lead striker. Just can't see us not being able to have the ability to play one up top. We've played so many formations this season. Can't see us having only one option. I keep on thinking about that Noni Madueke guy at PSV on the transfer thread. The perfect template.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Makes me curious as to why Iheanacho can't play on his own. Is it speed? I don't know. Because this is the thing I hear is holding him back from being our lead striker. Just can't see us not being able to have the ability to play one up top. We've played so many formations this season. Can't see us having only one option. I keep on thinking about that Noni Madueke guy at PSV on the transfer thread. The perfect template.

Nacho is quick at short burst but not a Vardy, got great feet and a touch, having that other striker next to him, allows him that space to operate and show his stuff. When that other striker is Vardy well we are seeing the benefits. 

On 01/12/2019 at 13:32, Aus Fox said:

I don’t want to get carried away in the moment or anything, but it’s about time he had a statue on Filbert Way isn’t it?

Prophetic :appl:

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Let’s be honest, he’s saving our season. Without him I could see us being about 6th or 7th now. 

Feels like God told Jamie "its his turn now". Not taking anything away from Vardy because he's been superb. Just in a way I've never seen before.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

Feels like God told Jamie "its his turn now". Not taking anything away from Vardy because he's been superb. Just in a way I've never seen before.

Vardy with his movement and intellect has allowed nacho to thrive, Vardy just lacking that confidence to take the ball on early though, delaying too much when on goal or trying to peel off the last defender too early. Little things though and they will come back, because his pace and general quality is there 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Anybody think when Barnes is back that we could potentially go with Barnes-Vardy-Iheanacho and have Kel play the inside forward on the right hand side? 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 if he wanted more stability in the centre of midfield?

It will definitely be tried. It has in fact been tried before, but didn't quite work.

I can see us trying some sort of lop sided formation where we play one full back plays high, possibly without a true winger on that side, and on the other a defensive full back with attacking winger. So perhaps on the left Thomas / JJ sits with Barnes attacking, then on the other side Castagne / Ricardo raiding with Kelechi as the inside right forward that predominantly plays centrally but sometimes drifts wide. Rodgers did that at Celtic for a bit with Tierney so it was on the other side of the pitch.

Rodgers will find a way I am sure, he has a knack of finding a way to make it work and isn't afraid to try systems that don't work. We tried Perez as a false 9 for a few games (Stoke in the FA Cup, Everton at home) and it didn't work, but that led to this new system that has totally unlocked Ihenacho. Even Perez looks much better in this system, how he didn't score at the end I do not know!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Vardy with his movement and intellect has allowed nacho to thrive, Vardy just lacking that confidence to take the ball on early though, delaying too much when on goal or trying to peel off the last defender too early. Little things though and they will come back, because his pace and general quality is there 

Agree. Thought Vardy had more chances than he has in awhile. If they both catch fire at the same time there will be hell to pay........for our opponents.

The guy is but another example in a long list of examples that I know nothing.

I'd been patient. I'd hoped against hope that he'd come good, and in December I finally gave up on him. And then, he rose. 

What a man. What a player. What a left foot. 

I wonder what the City in Manchester would pay for a focal point of his ability right about now.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It will definitely be tried. It has in fact been tried before, but didn't quite work.

I can see us trying some sort of lop sided formation where we play one full back plays high, possibly without a true winger on that side, and on the other a defensive full back with attacking winger. So perhaps on the left Thomas / JJ sits with Barnes attacking, then on the other side Castagne / Ricardo raiding with Kelechi as the inside right forward that predominantly plays centrally but sometimes drifts wide. Rodgers did that at Celtic for a bit with Tierney so it was on the other side of the pitch.

Rodgers will find a way I am sure, he has a knack of finding a way to make it work and isn't afraid to try systems that don't work. We tried Perez as a false 9 for a few games (Stoke in the FA Cup, Everton at home) and it didn't work, but that led to this new system that has totally unlocked Ihenacho. Even Perez looks much better in this system, how he didn't score at the end I do not know!

Sounds like something Rodgers did at Liverpool with Sturridge and Suarez to get both of their goals in the team. Although I think that was based more on defense and Sturridge not being able to put in the same kind of shift/intensity as Suarez. Rodgers will do whatever it takes for more goals.

Edited by SO1

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If it didnt work at Stoke how many did you expect us to win by against a useful championship side