Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

24 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

S doesn't have the same graphical power as X or PS5 but if FIFA and Warzone are you're cup of tea it won't matter.

Thanks mate, yeah I’m not overly fussed about having the best, but didn’t want to buy something that’s not fit for purpose or will be obsolete in the near future.

Storage is the only issue with the s. I've got red dead 2 on mine and it's literally 1/3 of the total space. Game pass is better than the ps equivalent though not much to choose between them really. Ps5 has dropped to a reasonable price recently though. Don't think it really matters which you get if you just play casually every now and then series s should be fine. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Thanks mate, yeah I’m not overly fussed about having the best, but didn’t want to buy something that’s not fit for purpose or will be obsolete in the near future.

I've got a One S with disc slot in the box in perfect nick if your interested. 

£70 and you can see if xbox is for you. 

Purchased a Series S yesterday and find the interface pretty confusing.

Just wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction… 

Wanted to download Warzone, from memory, the most recent version is WZ2 (?).

I can’t find it, and even when I try and download the original, I can’t without downloading the MW pack on Gamepass. 

Any ideas for a technophobe who shouldn’t be a technophobe? 

Cheers 

15 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Purchased a Series S yesterday and find the interface pretty confusing.

Just wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction… 

Wanted to download Warzone, from memory, the most recent version is WZ2 (?).

I can’t find it, and even when I try and download the original, I can’t without downloading the MW pack on Gamepass. 

Any ideas for a technophobe who shouldn’t be a technophobe? 

Cheers 

CoD are a f**king nightmare for this.  They bury Warzone within whatever the latest CoD release is hence why they're making you download the MW pack.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

CoD are a f**king nightmare for this.  They bury Warzone within whatever the latest CoD release is hence why they're making you download the MW pack.

I can’t work out where the newest Warzone is, otherwise I’d download the pack and delete the main game. Having a mare! lol

Bought this to keep me out of the pub between shifts, but I think it’s time for a pint! 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I can’t work out where the newest Warzone is, otherwise I’d download the pack and delete the main game. Having a mare! lol

Bought this to keep me out of the pub between shifts, but I think it’s time for a pint! 

Have you searched Warzone 2.0 on the store?  It should show up as the free version and then make you install Modern Warfare 2 I think.

7 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Have you searched Warzone 2.0 on the store?  It should show up as the free version and then make you install Modern Warfare 2 I think.

Yeah I did mate. Nothing came up other than an £8.99 MW add on pack. 

I’ll figure it out, maybe. Cheers :thumbup:

Help pls....

Cause its doing my head in paying for crap I don't need to 🤣🤣

Xbox s

Boy hardly plays fifa23 or any thing really... I'm paying for ultimate...

But can he still play fifa with the core package??

Because I am going thru Microsoft pages and can't find a proper answer 🙃 

34 minutes ago, damolcfc said:

Help pls....

Xbox s

I think EA Play, which has FIFA, is only included with Ultimate. If FIFA is all he plays, might be best to bite the bullet and just get the standalone game. 

I don't play on my xbox that often, but when I do I get a 1 month code and just pay as I go. Makes more sense to me than just having a sub going all year. 

https://www.cdkeys.com/1-month-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-one-pc

• Like 1

9 hours ago, damolcfc said:

Help pls....

Xbox s

I'm guessing you own FIFA outright and your question is about whether it stops you playing online? I'm pretty sure that core effectively replaces the old gold so you can play online

• Like 1

3 hours ago, damolcfc said:

Thanks, 

Yes he owns the game, he hardly plays, but it's the only game he plays. 

Does it need to be ultimate or just core.

So frustrating paying for ultimate 😫 

Core will be fine. As mentioned above, it replaces Gold, which is all you needed for online gaming.

Plus now you get a selection of games available to play for as long as you are subscribed, some decent titles too

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

going to download it.

The new tyre physics are something else! I've just completed a race at Lime Rock and my lap times were getting faster and faster the more rubber that was put down on the track. You can't just jam on the brakes now either, the car will just go straight on, it's really making me pick not only my braking point, but the amount of brake pressure too

19 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

The new tyre physics are something else! I've just completed a race at Lime Rock and my lap times were getting faster and faster the more rubber that was put down on the track. You can't just jam on the brakes now either, the car will just go straight on, it's really making me pick not only my braking point, but the amount of brake pressure too

had a quick hour on it today, thought it was really good.

Also played Payday 3 - not bad for not really for me though was fun for a game or two.

And Anglers dream - again not bad if you like fishing, got bored though.

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Been out the gaming scene for about 6/7 years after selling my PS4. Thinking of getting a Series X so I can casually game games such as EA FC, COD and F1 after work etc. Not sure whether I should bite the bullet or not. 

Similar scene to yourself, I play casually and in batches really. Gamepass suits how I play, giving me huge variety and ease of access to games. 

Obviously PS have more big title exclusives, but overall are less accessible than with gamepass. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Similar scene to yourself, I play casually and in batches really. Gamepass suits how I play, giving me huge variety and ease of access to games. 

Obviously PS have more big title exclusives, but overall are less accessible than with gamepass. 

At the moment Xbox is far cheaper than PS on Amazon. Not really arsed which one I go for so price will be a determining factor. 

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

At the moment Xbox is far cheaper than PS on Amazon. Not really arsed which one I go for so price will be a determining factor. 

In which case I'd go Xbox, I have as series X too and love it.

Overall unless you're heart set on a certain console exclusive franchise, you'll have great fun with either 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Been out the gaming scene for about 6/7 years after selling my PS4. Thinking of getting a Series X so I can casually game games such as EA FC, COD and F1 after work etc. Not sure whether I should bite the bullet or not. 

Based on this, Xbox is a no brainer for you. Those games will all end up on game pass at some point (generally 7-8 months after release and COD will probably be release day).

I think if you just want to have something to pick up and play for an hour or 2, game pass is the way to go. Obviously if you're more bothered about story games and you can either commit to decent sessions or you're attention span is good (better than mine at least!) so you can go weeks without playing and get back into the story quickly, PS5 is a far better choice.

There's also the X Vs S tossup for Xbox. Theoretically they'll both be supported but we're already seeing that tested with games like Baldurs Gate 3. However, that'll still be rare I think as it's part of Xbox's mandate that they have parity. Not sure what the current price difference is but might be worth a look if you're only going to play a few games at a time, aren't top bothered about the visuals and you're sticking to multiplayer/ongoing games because then then disc drive and trade in potential of makes no difference to you.