Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

No Man's Skyrim looks awesome.

Weird salty Sony fanboys getting all arsey and driving the negativity about it online. 

However Todd has a habit of overpromising (see Fallout 76 announcement). I'm a bit dubious about the 1000 explorable planets thing. 

Can't wait to want to feel like I want to smash up my house over the next Hollow Knight. 

Edited by RoboFox

11 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

No Man's Skyrim looks awesome.

Weird salty Sony fanboys getting all arsey and driving the negativity about it online

However Todd has a habit of overpromising (see Fallout 76 announcement). I'm a bit dubious about the 1000 explorable planets thing. 

Can't wait to want to feel like I want to smash up my house over the next Hollow Knight. 

I suspect this is because they can't have it and that its available from the off via gamepass, something which I think Sony have scored an own goal with by not doing on their service

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2022 at 17:02, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes.  More wood chopping please.  I miss those 360 days!  lol

Seriously, I never understood the hype for Fable.  It wasn't anywhere near my favourite 360 title.

Objectively great games (even 3 was good just fell under the weight of ambition). Way ahead of their time in many aspects and still did things now that other games haven't been able to replicate.

Fable 2 has probably my most memorable section in any game ever, especially if you've have kids (in game that is!) at that point in the story.

As for the showcase, it was very meh. Reckon there's a few games that may sneak out in the next 12 months not on that list. Starfield looks good but also pretty bland/beige/soulless but that's like most Bethesda games so no real surprise there. Will still be a huge success.

• 3 weeks later...

Microsoft now selling certified refurbs for £380, so I've bought a load of Xbox credit and used my rewards points to buy one in. Seems these and the PS5's are becoming more readily available.

Just need to sell my One X now. Hopefully get about £150 for it with some games thrown in.

• 6 months later...
On 12/05/2022 at 15:58, RoboFox said:

Yeah, I don't think it'll be the first delay either. The fact we haven't seen any gameplay whatsoever probably means it's some way off. 

Bethesda know more than most devs from the Fallout 76 nightmare about over-promising and under-delivering. 

Starfield rumoured to have been delayed again until late 2023. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Redfall getting absolutely panned. lol

Game companies & publishers release unfinished shit and wonder why it's a PR firefight and their reputations take a battering. 

Not even going to bother. 

Doesn't bode well for Starfield when Arkane - who have made pretty much all grade-A games before now - release this garbage under Bethesda / Microsoft. 

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Redfall getting absolutely panned. lol

Game companies & publishers release unfinished shit and wonder why it's a PR firefight and their reputations take a battering. 

Not even going to bother. 

Doesn't bode well for Starfield when Arkane - who have made pretty much all grade-A games before now - release this garbage under Bethesda / Microsoft. 

Not heard of the game but thought i would read a review. Article in Forbes magazine didnt even give it a score as the reviewer turned the game off after 4 hours. Saying its the dullest game he has ever played. Shockingly bad AI, pointless RPG elements and graphics resembling Fallout 3. 

I am a big gamer and always keep an eye out on Xbox to see if its worth getting one (Prefer Playstation for its better exclusive games) but Redfall doesnt sound like it be a game ill try anytime soon lol 

35 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Not heard of the game but thought i would read a review. Article in Forbes magazine didnt even give it a score as the reviewer turned the game off after 4 hours. Saying its the dullest game he has ever played. Shockingly bad AI, pointless RPG elements and graphics resembling Fallout 3. 

I am a big gamer and always keep an eye out on Xbox to see if its worth getting one (Prefer Playstation for its better exclusive games) but Redfall doesnt sound like it be a game ill try anytime soon lol 

I don't play as much as I used to but still have a Series X with Gamepass - haven't bought a game full price in years. They're so rarely worth it.

Microsoft have massively dropped the ball here but it's the latest in a long line of developers and publishers releasing unfinished, blatantly broken products and expecting punters to pay full price. It wouldn't really happen with any other industry yet with games it's somehow considered acceptable. 

Gimps online still turning it into a fanboy PS vs Xbox virgin-off as per usual. 

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Pretty convinced we’ll never see Starfield ever.

On 04/05/2023 at 15:02, RoboFox said:

long line of developers and publishers releasing unfinished, blatantly broken products and expecting punters to pay full price. It wouldn't really happen with any other industry yet with games it's somehow considered acceptable. 

I never understood why this happens, surely they'd want to release a game that'll actually perform well?

Just now, foxile5 said:

Slated for release next month isn't it?

Called their bluff didn’t I. Posted that and they post a release date. I win. 

And if the release date was posted prior to my post I still win because Starfield 😁

19 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Called their bluff didn’t I. Posted that and they post a release date. I win. 

And if the release date was posted prior to my post I still win because Starfield 😁

Unfortunately it'll be a broken mess for six months whilst they scramble to hot-fix the thousands of bugs it'll have because they've imposed deadlines and pressure on themselves.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Unfortunately it'll be a broken mess for six months whilst they scramble to hot-fix the thousands of bugs it'll have because they've imposed deadlines and pressure on themselves.

You’re talking to someone who suffers Destiny every weekly reset - I’m hardened to such fvckery 😂

• 4 weeks later...

Xbox games showcase tonight at 6. Meant to be shpwing Outer Worlds 2 (1 was shit so not too excited), Fable 4 and Everwild. Tbh as long as they show actual gameplay I'm happy. Getting sick to the teeth of these events getting all the  weirdos pulling themselves off to pre-rendered trailers whilst showing zero gameplay. Redfall looked amazing... 

Specific Starfield direct straight after too so hopefully that shows off some detail in advance of September's release date (lol). 

6 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Xbox games showcase tonight at 6. Meant to be shpwing Outer Worlds 2 (1 was shit so not too excited), Fable 4 and Everwild. Tbh as long as they show actual gameplay I'm happy. Getting sick to the teeth of these events getting all the  weirdos pulling themselves off to pre-rendered trailers whilst showing zero gameplay. Redfall looked amazing... 

Specific Starfield direct straight after too so hopefully that shows off some detail in advance of September's release date (lol). 

Fable 4 was in a playable state as of February of this year - so maybe it is time for us to hear more about it.

You can't argue that Sony have been crushing Xbox and it was light on actual gameplay, but in terms of the quality of games revealed, that was on the best shows anywhere, for a long long time. Bit like E3 used to be.

Hopefully they'll get some more deep dives out and we might finally get a steady release of good first party games.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Is the guy in Fable from Travel man ?

lol Don't know why you describing him as that made me laugh but it did. Probably because he's in loads of things.

But yes, that's him; Richard Ayoade. Legend.

• Like 1