Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

On 06/01/2022 at 09:34, Zear0 said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-01-05-rainbow-six-extraction-launches-day-one-on-xbox-and-pc-game-pass

New Rainbow Six on xbox and PC Gamepass at launch.  Lovely stuff. 

Just Googled this. A Rainbow Six game with aliens? Every day we stray further away from god. 

I LOVED the original and Rogue Spear on PC back in the late 90s. It was about as hardcore a military sim could get at the time. Now look at what they're doing to my boy.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

So does that mean COD only on Xbox and PC?

MS are hoovering up the entire market.

Quite possibly, I think Starfield was originally going to be on PS5 and then after MS bought Bethesda it was announced as Xbox console exclusive

I'm excited that it makes it likely another Tony Hawk game will be developed with new leadership, I doubt MS will want so many studios just focused on COD

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Quite possibly, I think Starfield was originally going to be on PS5 and then after MS bought Bethesda it was announced as Xbox console exclusive

I'm excited that it makes it likely another Tony Hawk game will be developed with new leadership, I doubt MS will want so many studios just focused on COD

I'd love this, man. Really hope they redirect efforts away from the mind-numbingly dull churn of copy / paste Call Of Duty titles to some of Activision / Blizzard's older IPs. 

• Like 1

On 18/01/2022 at 13:57, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

This was always going to happen.  Sony finally going for their own version of game pass and Microsoft finally getting some decent exclusives.

Think sales of Xbox Series S will go up amongst ps5 owners

• 1 month later...

Finally bit the bullet and got a Series X All Access; this ended my 8 - 10 years of PS ownership.

I'm a little confused about setting up the home page. Can I rid myself of the suggestion panels? What are some good Game Pass games to play?

Really impressed with the loading speeds of games and the general crispness of the audio and imagery. What other benefits should I be seeing?

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'm a little confused about setting up the home page. Can I rid myself of the suggestion panels? What are some good Game Pass games to play?

Forza Horizon 4 and 5

Halo Infinite

Psychonauts 2 (didn't love it myself but a lot of people do). The original Xbox release is on there too

Skate 3

Elite Dangerous - but you basically have to devote your life to it

Wreckfest - well worth playing online with friends. It's like Destruction Derby

Sea of Thieves is apparently great fun with friends

Ori and the Blind Forest, and Ori and the Will of the Wisps - two Metroidvania-type platformers, really good but play them in the right order (Blind Forest first)

Microsoft Flight Simulator - if you're into that sort of thing

All the Doom games, Halos, Gears of Wars, Battlefields (not 2042), Dead Spaces, Mass Effects, Fallouts are on there if any of those take your fancy. Back 4 Blood seems quite popular too

You need to keep an eye on the incomings and outgoings, because like Netflix some are only on there briefly, or go out and return with not much warning

Some which aren't on there currently but I really rated were The Messenger, Minit, and Wilmot's Warehouse. GTA V seems to come and go a lot, RDR2 likewise

Also to confuse things - 3/4 games every month become free to download and keep, under the Games With Gold banner. They're usually shit these days but worth checking every now and then.

Added to that - if you go onto the Store (not Game Pass) and look at the category for Free Games, there are a bunch which are free for everyone to keep. Most of these are ones which are free-to-play anyway (World of Tanks, COD Warzone, Rocket League etc), but they do have some classic Xbox games on there completely free including Crackdown 1 (not 2 or 3) - it was a brilliant open world superhero action game for the Xbox 360, if you never played the original I highly recommend it, though can't guarantee it holds up particularly well now! Hexic was also bundled in free with Xbox 360s and I think is now in the free category. It's a really relaxing puzzle game, probably takes up about 10MB on your harddrive, worth a download

If you've got a mate or family member either in the house or online it takes two is one of the best co op games you'll ever play, it's so much fun (on gamepass). The hitman trilogy is on there if you like stealth games and forza horizon 5, halo infinite and Microsoft flight simulator are games that make you happy you've got an xbox. 

12 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

To add I'm thoroughly enjoying my series s, for 250 quid it must be the best value console on the market by some margin, highly recommended, especially considering the cloud gaming service is pretty good. Lately been playing it takes two, a plague tale innocence, dying light 1 and the free trial on cyberpunk 2077.

I would snap up a Series S in an instant if it had a 1GB hard drive, but I'd find it so hard to cope with the 500GB it comes with. I'm still on the original release Xbox One (500GB) and the harddrive is constantly full, with games I actually play. So frequently I have to uninstall one just to update another one, juggling reinstalls is a bit of a pain in the arse. Having said that, because of how well MS is still supporting all Xbox One consoles, I've not felt any need to rush into an upgrade so as soon as I see any sort of bundle for the XSX then I'll upgrade, even if that's another year away

But yeah, for most people the Series S is outstanding value and I'm surprised it hasn't sold as well as the X, unless it has sold well but was just never the target for scalpers so has been freely available since launch

3 hours ago, Hollism said:

Daft question here: Are the Series S and the Series X compatible with each other for online games? ie Do the servers or whatever treat it as the same console?

I believe so; just don't be me and buy Mass Effect legendary edition on disc and then realise you don't have a disc drive.

Quite happy for people to have a laugh at my expense?

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Hollism said:

Daft question here: Are the Series S and the Series X compatible with each other for online games? ie Do the servers or whatever treat it as the same console?

Yes, they are. Also, lots of online games are now online compatible with other platforms (PC, PS) etc. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Can pre-load GTA right now

Online is £8.99, full game is £17.49

Outrageous that some people will have to pay for it on a 3rd console generation. The only saving grace is that they do pump loads of meaty free content into online. So torn as to whether this is ok or not.

Worth saying that the prices are for the first 3 months only I think and then it doubles?

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Outrageous that some people will have to pay for it on a 3rd console generation. The only saving grace is that they do pump loads of meaty free content into online. So torn as to whether this is ok or not.

Worth saying that the prices are for the first 3 months only I think and then it doubles?

Yeah discount is only until 15th June, then it goes up to £35