Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

lol Don't know why you describing him as that made me laugh but it did. Probably because he's in loads of things.

But yes, that's him; Richard Ayoade. Legend.

lol Thought so, some good games coming out.

Clockwork Revolution looked good and some others as well.

19 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol Thought so, some good games coming out.

Clockwork Revolution looked good and some others as well.

Definitely. Some looked a bit meh compared to the hype(Avowed for one, but I hate first person melee and wish they were 3rd person). But the reveal of Fable had me grinning like a kid; kind of thought my excitement was gone for games but that's changed my mind.

Just watching the Starfield stuff now and that seems to have really benefitted from the extra time in the oven. Not sure if I'll like it as I find their games a bit soulless but it's looking pretty great now.

The facial animations on Starfield look improved, but that wasn't difficult to achieve after the last offering.

Still looks miles off what Guerilla Games are capable of though.

With how it plays it looks more like a PC game than something you'd want on a console as well.  Too many technical/management features for a console make games like that a chore.

• Haha 1

Disappointed we didn't get a bit more with regards to Fable, was really hoping for a release date

I will admit I did just bag myself a pre-order for the Starfield Collectors Edition... I need that watch lol

Don't get charged for it until delivery so at least I can still cancel and not lose any money if the early reviews are bad

Edited by moore_94

14 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The facial animations on Starfield look improved, but that wasn't difficult to achieve after the last offering.

Still looks miles off what Guerilla Games are capable of though.

With how it plays it looks more like a PC game than something you'd want on a console as well.  Too many technical/management features for a console make games like that a chore.

lol I knew you'd be in here to crap all over anything Xbox related.

• Haha 2

Thought it was a good show. Also agree the 'console wars' are a bit weird. Got a series s, a ps5 and a switch so the better the content on any and all of them the better. My main issue is with Bethesda, snake oil salesman bigging up what will be an amazing experience... I'll believe it when I see it. Look forward to the star wars gameplay today, flight simulator looked amazing, that bioshock looking game looked very interesting. 

Most of them launching on game pass, which is great, just buy a month, complete the game you like and maybe a few others and cancel it, can't grumble. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

You can't argue that Sony have been crushing Xbox and it was light on actual gameplay, but in terms of the quality of games revealed, that was on the best shows anywhere, for a long long time. Bit like E3 used to be.

Hopefully they'll get some more deep dives out and we might finally get a steady release of good first party games.

WIth all of the first party studios now under the Xbox banner.... they should eventually be able to launch at least 1 first party game every quarter.... I have been Xbox since the Original and really like where we are at right now. (that being said, never owned a playstation, so I don't have a great comparison)

4 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Thought it was a good show. Also agree the 'console wars' are a bit weird. Got a series s, a ps5 and a switch so the better the content on any and all of them the better. My main issue is with Bethesda, snake oil salesman bigging up what will be an amazing experience... I'll believe it when I see it. Look forward to the star wars gameplay today, flight simulator looked amazing, that bioshock looking game looked very interesting. 

Most of them launching on game pass, which is great, just buy a month, complete the game you like and maybe a few others and cancel it, can't grumble. 

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Always find how salty people get over the competitor to which particular console they own so fvcking weird. lol

Proper sad man.

Yeah, I don't really get it. Each console has its own merits and it can change in a short space of time.

If I was coming in fresh, I'd 100% get a PS5 as I prefer single player games and they've smashed it in recent years. But then if I was quite a casual gamer, an Xbox with Game Pass is an absolute no brainer.

Finally looks like they're creating a pipeline of games that should be decent at worse and hopefully excellent but we've all been here before!

The issue I have with the ps exclusives, the big budget ones at least, is they're mostly variations of the same game. Last of Us, death stranding, horizon, gow, days gone, ghost of tsushima, spiderman to name a few off the top of my head. Crafting, shooting/combat, 3rd person, open world, not much in the way of innovation at all and all so similar, much as I enjoy some of them wish they'd mix it up a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

lol

I did own a 360.  I just go with what is best at the time.  Imo.  :thumbup:

Which is fine but it's just a bit odd that you came into the thread to compare it to a different game (that's not that even in the same genre). I just don't get why people like to be fanboys or fangirls for something so irrelevant. It's not a football club lol

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Which is fine but it's just a bit odd that you came into the thread to compare it to a different game (that's not that even in the same genre). I just don't get why people like to be fanboys or fangirls for something so irrelevant. It's not a football club lol

It's a big release and I'm keeping tabs on it.  If it blows away the competition and becomes a system seller, fair enough.  It might pull me back in.  As far as facial animations go, regardless of the genre, it still looks wooden.  Games have moved on.  It looks like a prettier Fallout and nothing more at the moment imo.  Call it fanboy if you want, I'm just making my observations.  There's nothing out there that Microsoft currently do to draw me back in.  Draw me back in.  :thumbup:

Not really fully Xbox related, but did anyone see that Capcom showcase? My god, they are so bad at these. It's like they've had them put together by Jon Rudkin lol. Start you off with something mildly interesting, then follow up with 30 seconds of Pragmata CG, and an apology for delaying it (maybe announce that on Twitter next time, quietly, instead of putting it right in the middle of your fancy showcase to kill any hype?). Follow up with a bunch of stuff you already announced, some of it last year, plus loads of waffle about the new dinosaur game that makes everyone sad because it isn't Dino Crisis. Oh, and a 5 minute chat about a Street Fighter tournament. Then pass over to a bunch of poor chumps for a post show where they look shellshocked, but have to compose themselves and appear enthusiastic about what they just saw, whilst desperately trying to find anything to discuss further about it.

18 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The issue I have with the ps exclusives, the big budget ones at least, is they're mostly variations of the same game. Last of Us, death stranding, horizon, gow, days gone, ghost of tsushima, spiderman to name a few off the top of my head. Crafting, shooting/combat, 3rd person, open world, not much in the way of innovation at all and all so similar, much as I enjoy some of them wish they'd mix it up a bit. 

I like those kind of games generally but I get what you mean they are all have similar qualities even if the games are all quite different.  This is why I wish Xbox had put more into their exclusives in the last 5 years they focussed on Game pass which is fair enough but if they had put a little more into their exclusives that could at least compete with Sonys it would've forced innovation through the industry a bit more.  I'm not convinced Game pass is good for the industry long term.  I much prefer Sonys method of adding the big budget games to PS plus a year or 2 afterwards to be honest.

I thought the showcase was really good to be fair and boy did Xbox need it.  Just need to deliver now but I think well see their acquisitions finally coming to fruition next couple of years.

Edited by foxes1988

On 11/06/2023 at 22:09, moore_94 said:

I will admit I did just bag myself a pre-order for the Starfield Collectors Edition... I need that watch lol

You bstard! I can live without the watch but I really wanted the box it comes in. Decided to go with the equivalent in Ultimate Pass instead.

I'm now crossing my fingers the watch is shit :D

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

You bstard! I can live without the watch but I really wanted the box it comes in. Decided to go with the equivalent in Ultimate Pass instead.

I'm now crossing my fingers the watch is shit :D

Yeah I am going to be keeping my eye out for hopefully some early reviews of the quality of the collectors edition, especially after the crap they pulled with the Fallout 76 bag

• 3 months later...

Had quite a leak following the AB trial...

brooklyn.jpg?width=690&quality=75&format

ellewood.jpg?width=690&quality=75&format

Also some emails about an attempt to squire Nintendo (Ha!, good luck)...

sebile.jpg?width=690&quality=75&format=j

New controller with swappable batteries (remember them..?)

And most interestingly the Bethesda roadmap (obviously a bit dated).   Oblivion remaster :vardy:

Bethesda's leaked lineup

2028-2.jpg?width=1920&height=1920&fit=bounds&quality=80&format=jpg&auto=webp

2028 for next gen of consoles 

Edited by Zear0
  • Like 1

A Digital series X makes a lot of sense but not at the same price as a disc edition surely?  Kind of implies the disc edition would have to go up which surely they wouldn't....... in fact they are going to discontinue the disc edition all together :facepalm:

Controller looks decent.  Does need a refresh to be fair.

Edited by foxes1988
More context

I’m looking to get an Xbox (or PS5) to pass time between shifts, as I end up with a lot of time to kill.

As a non-gamer whatsoever, probably play FIFA and Warzone at most (and badly)… would a Xbox Series S be okay? Am I right in thinking that’s the same gen as X but digital only with less storage? 

Or would it be better to get a Series X or PS5.

Cheers :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’m looking to get an Xbox (or PS5) to pass time between shifts, as I end up with a lot of time to kill.

As a non-gamer whatsoever, probably play FIFA and Warzone at most (and badly)… would a Xbox Series S be okay? Am I right in thinking that’s the same gen as X but digital only with less storage? 

Or would it be better to get a Series X or PS5.

Cheers :thumbup:

S doesn't have the same graphical power as X or PS5 but if FIFA and Warzone are you're cup of tea it won't matter.