Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Multiplayer has been great actually and a pleasant surprise.  Not played it as much as I'd have liked as not had that much time.

Agreed with the coop on the campaign being absent at launch is a shame, but hopefully that'll not be too long.

Agreed on the multiplayer. The core gameplay is extremely satisfying and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Feel like they need to work out a balance between the live service model and having all the content you'd expect from a Halo game. They have put out a few statements recently, advising that they'rwe working on it. Seems weird that they spent so long improving the Master Chief Collection to the point where its pretty highly rated by the fan base, only to leave much of that content out of the new game.

Would like to see some game-mode specific playlists for sure, and a return of free-for-all.

Hopefully Forge is added at some point in the future. along with a server browser. Some of the community driven game-modes were a lot of fun in previous games.

What people have to keep in mind when a game is really good, especially multiplayer, but is compromised by a terrible monetisation system; chances are the developers of said game are every bit as annoyed as the fans, if not more so, the developers brief is to make the best game they can, then the publishers tear it apart, take things out to put in later, just generally butcher it to make as much money as possible, then there's an apology and things are scaled back to still be agressive and unfair, and everyone seems to praise them to high heaven for 'listening to the fans'. Bate and switch and it works every time. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

What people have to keep in mind when a game is really good, especially multiplayer, but is compromised by a terrible monetisation system; chances are the developers of said game are every bit as annoyed as the fans, if not more so, the developers brief is to make the best game they can, then the publishers tear it apart, take things out to put in later, just generally butcher it to make as much money as possible, then there's an apology and things are scaled back to still be agressive and unfair, and everyone seems to praise them to high heaven for 'listening to the fans'. Bate and switch and it works every time. 

Don't doubt it. The people making the big money will rip the heart and soul out of anything for extra £££.

I do like that devs can easily continue supporting their games in the online era, but I think I'd rather pay for the game and expansions whilst keeping the feel of reward-based unlockables, than have access to certain things in a store.

Guess there's no other way to make the sort of money they must be making through the stores now. I can't even imagine how much GTAV has made, during its soon to be 3 console generation release.

Edited by samlcfc

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Checked on the tracker and looks like it should hopefully be delivered tomorrow!

36E9DCA3-DDE8-4E87-A16E-8C324CF5A22E.jpeg

Enjoy. Graphically and gameplay wise it's hardly going to change your enjoyment at the moment but things like the loading times and quick resume will make your experience so much better

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Mass Effect and Outer Wilds to add to my “To Play” list

FA553BFD-CB3D-4DC2-B1D0-F4B4CC4C7ADD.jpeg

Outer Wilds is sensational.  Just a shame the mediocre Outer Worlds released at the same time caused such confusion.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-01-05-rainbow-six-extraction-launches-day-one-on-xbox-and-pc-game-pass

New Rainbow Six on xbox and PC Gamepass at launch.  Lovely stuff. 

Also good news on the Ubisoft+ coming to xbox too, I know they have a cheap trial period which I've been banking for one of their games (as yet undecided) that you can get for nowt (albeit only for 2 weeks so need to grind through).

Been playing Mass Effect Legendary edition over Christmas whilst I was off with Covid and then a 2 week holiday. IF you have the time to play this game, i highly recommend it it. I played it when it first came out but replaying it as made me really appreciate how good it is. Hardly ever see story games this good anymore. Last RPG I played like this was Witcher 3, although the choices didn't feel as impacted as Mass Effect. 

I'd go for the X. I love the S, it's fantastic value for money and teeny tiny, but the hard drive is doing my head in. Cloud gaming is great but if I fancy a go on, sy battlefield 5 or forza 5 I need the inputs to be spot on and even the smallest bit of lag sends the whole thing crashing down with games where you need to be really precise. Also they don't run at the same graphical rate I believe (my eyes can't tell the difference). The x is over double the size ssd so a lot more wiggle room, and you get that extra umph in power, though it's not the best looking console I've ever seen and massive.

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I'd go for the X. I love the S, it's fantastic value for money and teeny tiny, but the hard drive is doing my head in. Cloud gaming is great but if I fancy a go on, sy battlefield 5 or forza 5 I need the inputs to be spot on and even the smallest bit of lag sends the whole thing crashing down with games where you need to be really precise. Also they don't run at the same graphical rate I believe (my eyes can't tell the difference). The x is over double the size ssd so a lot more wiggle room, and you get that extra umph in power, though it's not the best looking console I've ever seen and massive.

I've got the X, but can imagine the small hard drive might get annoying. In contrast, I never feel like I'm running out of space on the X during the time I've had it. If I want to download anything and I'm out of space, it feels like it stores enough games that there's always some I don't mind getting rid off. 

To anyone considering which to buy, the issue might be alleviated a bit if you have a high internet speed. I'm lucky enough to be on 100mbs download speed atm through a new customer deal, and game downloads don't take too long if I want to swap stuff about. 

20 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Sorely tempted to get a Series X instead of the PS5. There's some going on the All Access pay monthly gig.

What's everyone's feedback on this? It's £28 a month and comes with GamePass.

What's everyone reckon to that deal?

10 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

2 hours ago, samlcfc said:

I've got the X, but can imagine the small hard drive might get annoying. In contrast, I never feel like I'm running out of space on the X during the time I've had it. If I want to download anything and I'm out of space, it feels like it stores enough games that there's always some I don't mind getting rid off. 

To anyone considering which to buy, the issue might be alleviated a bit if you have a high internet speed. I'm lucky enough to be on 100mbs download speed atm through a new customer deal, and game downloads don't take too long if I want to swap stuff about. 

Have an X and an S in the house now since xmas. @foxile5 I can't recommend a Series X enough with gamepass. There's so many games to get through with the EA Play catalogue as well you'll never be stuck.

@Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot I think the S is a fantastic little console. The lad got one for xmas (to keep off of mine more than anything) and it stands up pretty well to the X in my opinion. Sharing my gamepass subscription with it also just made it a no brainer.

@samlcfc I've had to stump for the 1TB expansion card on mine! Mainly due to having about 6 or 7 100GB + sized games on there. A very, very handy accessory that doesn't let the game suffer for it.