Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

17 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Based on this, Xbox is a no brainer for you. Those games will all end up on game pass at some point (generally 7-8 months after release and COD will probably be release day).

I think if you just want to have something to pick up and play for an hour or 2, game pass is the way to go. Obviously if you're more bothered about story games and you can either commit to decent sessions or you're attention span is good (better than mine at least!) so you can go weeks without playing and get back into the story quickly, PS5 is a far better choice.

There's also the X Vs S tossup for Xbox. Theoretically they'll both be supported but we're already seeing that tested with games like Baldurs Gate 3. However, that'll still be rare I think as it's part of Xbox's mandate that they have parity. Not sure what the current price difference is but might be worth a look if you're only going to play a few games at a time, aren't top bothered about the visuals and you're sticking to multiplayer/ongoing games because then then disc drive and trade in potential of makes no difference to you.

I have l looked at the S and the inferior specs doesn't really bother me. Digital downloads are just something that make feel somewhat uneasy as if I'm paying X amount for a game I want a physical copy. Also with digital downloads I would've thought you're somewhat limited in where you can buy the games from. 

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I have l looked at the S and the inferior specs doesn't really bother me. Digital downloads are just something that make feel somewhat uneasy as if I'm paying X amount for a game I want a physical copy. Also with digital downloads I would've thought you're somewhat limited in where you can buy the games from. 

Go for the X then. More limited yes, but plenty of (legal) third party sellers. I have an X but never buy physically because I'm a lazy bastard and CBA to wait for the game or get up and change the disc lol.

• Like 1

Gone and treated myself to a Series S for £180 on Amazon. An X would've been nice but as I'm only going to be a casual gamer who would only play an no more than around an hour at a time (mainly EA FC and probably the new GTA when it comes out) paying double the price doesn't seem worth it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Currently busily playing The Witcher 3 for the first time but noticed Game Pass has had quite a few titles added recently including Far Cy 6 and AC Valhalla which are 2 I nearly bought before Christmas - both look good games can anyone recommend? 

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Currently busily playing The Witcher 3 for the first time but noticed Game Pass has had quite a few titles added recently including Far Cy 6 and AC Valhalla which are 2 I nearly bought before Christmas - both look good games can anyone recommend? 

Ive finished both of them. I enjoyed far cry but can be repetative. Got all achievements in Valhalla and with all the dlc took me near 300hours. Both fun games tho

Although The Witcher is better than both easily.

Edited by Thefox81
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I struggled to get into Far Cry 6...... the controls all felt a bit clunky to me.   Loved Valhalla though, bought it on release and it was a great game to thrash through. 

I've really enjoyed Starfield as well.. 

I'm hoping all the COD games come to game pass soon now the acquisition has gone through. Can't wait to do all the storylines across all the games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greg2607 said:

I struggled to get into Far Cry 6...... the controls all felt a bit clunky to me.   Loved Valhalla though, bought it on release and it was a great game to thrash through. 

I've really enjoyed Starfield as well.. 

I'm hoping all the COD games come to game pass soon now the acquisition has gone through. Can't wait to do all the storylines across all the games. 

I got Far Cry 3 when it first came out not having played 1 or 2 and remember being blown away at the time, loved it. 4 was good as well but couldn't really get in to 5 so I have wondered what 6 might be like. Think I'll deffo give Valhalla a go after I finish or have had enough of the Witcher 3 but enjoying it so far.

Starfield I really enjoyed as well although I got kind of tired of it after a while, decided to play other games and I just haven't gone back to it. Maybe later this year the mood might stroke to have another go.

COD I can take or leave - haven't played one since the first MW game on 360. I've always been too casual a player to be any good online either which meant it got frustrating after a while.  

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Rumours going around on Twitter that quite a lot of Xbox exclusives may be coming to Playstation and Switch

Xbox not exactly putting the whole thing to bed either...

If the rumours are true then this will be the death of the Xbox as a console. Makes zero sense. Getting outsold 2-3 to 1 by ps5 then throwing away the few jewels you have is suicide. 

Bad for all gamers if we only end up with one serious console company. 

Unless its reciprocal, I can't see them letting the likes of Starfield or Halo go over to PS.

Hi-Fi Rush seems to be the game talked about most, with the Indiana Jones game being pure guesswork. Suspect this will be like when Sony allowed MLB on gamepass. Something exclusive, but not the big ticket.

I can't see Microsoft shelling out $69B on activision, to just let all their games go on PS, essentially killing off their own hardware. Though the bigger picture in the background seems to be cloud gaming, who knows what that looks like in 10 years.

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

If the rumours are true then this will be the death of the Xbox as a console. Makes zero sense. Getting outsold 2-3 to 1 by ps5 then throwing away the few jewels you have is suicide. 

One? I presume you mean Sony. Which does Nintendo a huge disservice considering they are also owning the market.

I do agree though that it would be a strange move for Xbox. If the next Elder Scrolls becomes available on PS5 then happy days

Seems reasonably sensible to release the big "exclusives" 1 or 2 years after they've launched on other platforms.  Games have such a short shelf life with respect to them pulling in consumers.  It's money for MS down the line and gives more people the opportunity to play the games.

Historically console sales havn't been the money maker and exist to get consumers into the companies eco-systems.  The only way I can picture MS ditching hardware is If Sony/Nintendo allowed Gamepass on their platforms which seems to become more likely as time goes on.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

One? I presume you mean Sony. Which does Nintendo a huge disservice considering they are also owning the market.

I do agree though that it would be a strange move for Xbox. If the next Elder Scrolls becomes available on PS5 then happy days

Sony and Microsoft are different to Nintendo though the former want state of the art hardware and that’s what a lot of people want, I’ve got 1 of all 3 I see my switch as something very different to the other 2, I think a lot of consumers do, too.

10 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Xbox hasn't been profitable for a long time and the hardware sales are atrocious compared to PS5. I think this is coming from way above Xbox division, the shareholders want their ROI.

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Yes, one. Let's be honest, Nintendo aren't really part of the "console wars" are they? They sit apart from the other 2, as people are far more likely to have an xbox or ps5 AND a switch, instead of having an xbox and a ps5. Nintendo doesn't really compete vs the other two, nor do the other two particularly put any effort into going head to head vs nintendo.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

Xbox hasn't been profitable for a long time and the hardware sales are atrocious compared to PS5. I think this is coming from way above Xbox division, the shareholders want their ROI.

Maybe so, but to just give it all up and hand the keys to the kingdom to sony seem bonkers.