Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

34 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Don't mind the tower look of it. For me its always been the lack of exclusive games that's steered me away from Xbox. I remember playing Halo 2 and loving it. Then I picked up Halo 3 and hated it. No idea why.

Will be interesting to see how this Xbox gets on. 

For me I've always owned both consoles but my Xbox always has been used a lot more. It always just seems like a more complete system to me. I can't even explain it but it just always naturally happens. 

Also I actually really like that design. 

"Xbox Series X"

Man, they really fvcked themselves by calling the second generation console the "Xbox 360" didn't they?

They're now challenged with coming up with increasingly daft names for their consoles. Should've just gone for the Xbox 2, lads.

Seems like it's not going to be the only one... Maybe tiered models similar to the Xbox One S / One X? 

Be interesting to see what they do with it, though. The Xbox One is unrecognisable to the one that launched in 2013, mainly because nobody gave a fvck about Kinect or the ability to watch TV whilst you play games. 

Edited by RoboFox

1 hour ago, FerrisBueller said:

Is this next generation, or an improved reboot of the Xbox one?

Next generation. Interested to see what's under the hood. They finally managed to get the "most powerful console" tag with the one x. Surely they must aim to keep it. With the sad lack of exclusives, it could be the only way to attract developers back to the platform. 

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Next generation. Interested to see what's under the hood. They finally managed to get the "most powerful console" tag with the one x. Surely they must aim to keep it. With the sad lack of exclusives, it could be the only way to attract developers back to the platform. 

Interesting, I always vowed that I would switch to Playstation next generation as I have had no end of problems with Xbox hardware over the years. The only thing that sways it for me is the backwards compatibility, as I've invested quite a bit of money into Xbox titles, ever since the first one.

I wonder how it will compare to the next Playstation.

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

"Xbox Series X"

Man, they really fvcked themselves by calling the second generation console the "Xbox 360" didn't they?

They're now challenged with coming up with increasingly daft names for their consoles. Should've just gone for the Xbox 2, lads.

Seems like it's not going to be the only one... Maybe tiered models similar to the Xbox One S / One X? 

Be interesting to see what they do with it, though. The Xbox One is unrecognisable to the one that launched in 2013, mainly because nobody gave a fvck about Kinect or the ability to watch TV whilst you play games. 

They're releasing multiple variants of the "Xbox Series", I suspect the X will be their flagship and maybe do a Series S as their budget... of course I could be way off the mark on the naming, but they are 100% doing the multiple models.

Apparently that's the name of that particular machine (i.e Xbox One X/S Vs just Xbox One). They will be calling the generation of consoles 'Xbox' so kind of a reboot.

What Microsoft have done is to go ballistic in terms of acquiring third party studios. Between Sony's mass of good exclusive games and the complete botch with the initial launch of the Xbox One, that's where they lost this generation. If these studios produce some good games then they'll be level pegging.

And if people think that's ugly, you need to see the dev kits for the PS5! A V shape on top of another layer of plastic lol

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

As soon as the Horizon Zero Dawn sequel hits, this console will be irrelevant.

Microsoft clearly not learning from their past mistakes, focussing on the console rather than the games.

The first promotion material for the PS5 is focussed on games, the look of the console itself still remains a mystery.

And the first mention of this was when they revealed Halo 6 and that it was going to be on the new console at launch...

Even the reveal was very low key. It's not their proper reveal; that won't be until next year. If they barely mention games then, well, they've got a problem. But nothing wrong with what they've done so far.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

apparently don't know how true it is but it came from a pastebin Sony/PS5 has exclusive rights one month before Microsoft for the next GTA not a massive factor but think they will use it to there advantage

Given how well GTA sells, there would be absolutely no reason for Rockstar's publishers to sign up to this kind of deal. It would just limit their sales at launch which are usually record-breaking.

I can't see Sony forking out for the kind of money to make it financially viable, so I'm going to call BS on this.

Edited by RoboFox

It's all speculation, but the following articles are quite interesting from a potential technical perspective.  Look forward to hearing more from both Sony and Microsoft next year though.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-xbox-series-x-reveal-analysis

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-senuas-saga-hellblade-2-trailer-analysis

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Planning on getting a Series X for myself at launch and also an S for my brother as a late 30th present. The S is actually an incredible deal considering it's basically just a lower resolution but the same power. Even seen that it will have 30% smaller file sizes to combat the smaller SSD.

Being fair, I don't see why you would really get an X at launch if you didn't need to. My XB1 is on its last legs so makes sense for me but without any exclusives it's not really worth it. The thing that would swing it, is if you don't have Game Pass yet then Microsoft's all access buying option is amazing value and definitely worth doing particularly with EA play coming to Game Pass and cloud gaming picking up momentum.

Sony showed off some great games the other night so I really hope Xbox can kick on and get some of them out next year. Microsoft is doing all the right things in terms of consumer first but without the games it's a bit pointless.

Are you getting one at launch?

Seriously tempted by an S. I play on pc on a 1440p 144hz monitor. I dont generally play many graphic intensive games, so maybe for the ones I do want to play in the future, the series s will be a much much cheaper way to do that than eventually needing to upgrade my cpu and gpu etc.

41 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I can’t fit an Xbox X on my tv stand as it’s too tall, and for that reason I think I’m going to have to get a PlayStation instead.

The PS5 is taller than the Series X isn’t it?

In fact it’s apparently bigger than all the recent/new gen consoles height wise.

7 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Sorry I meant if it’s laying flat, I’ve only got 14cm clearance in our cabinet. 

Ah. Makes sense! Yes that does provide a challenge for the X series if you need to place it vertical.