Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

58 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

How did you go about doing this? Did you phone up?

Started off online. They've got an option to register your interest but everytime I logged in it disappeared. So yes gave them a call and she told me they have stock which I was gobsmacked at. Don't know on numbers but she was in no rush to reserve it so I assume theres a few. Strange it's not online though. God really does love a tryer 

got mine yesterday and having missed the entire ONE generation, its a HUGE uplift on the 360.... it wasn't really until lockdown that I picked it up again to pass the time and really enjoyed getting back in to it. 

I understand all of the "lack of games" rhetoric, but in reality, Games Pass gives you access to more games than you ever could have played and all of the stuff from microsoft that will land on game pass on the day of release, just makes it a no brainer for me vs the PS5.   23 studios for Xbox will make AT LEAST 23 games this generation.  at £70 a piece, would be £1,610 if you bought every single one. 

3 years of Game Pass Ultimate is £540.

I honestly believe Xbox will have more games than PS5 this time around. and if PS5 owners are going to pay £70 a pop for a game, they could only buy 8 games for the equivalent of the cost of GPU. 

it's a shame people are as territorial as they are.  If people looked at it logically, they'd see that this generation the microsoft offering is more consumer friendly. 

23 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Started off online. They've got an option to register your interest but everytime I logged in it disappeared. So yes gave them a call and she told me they have stock which I was gobsmacked at. Don't know on numbers but she was in no rush to reserve it so I assume theres a few. Strange it's not online though. God really does love a tryer 

Sold out now unfortunately

45 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

got mine yesterday and having missed the entire ONE generation, its a HUGE uplift on the 360.... it wasn't really until lockdown that I picked it up again to pass the time and really enjoyed getting back in to it. 

I understand all of the "lack of games" rhetoric, but in reality, Games Pass gives you access to more games than you ever could have played and all of the stuff from microsoft that will land on game pass on the day of release, just makes it a no brainer for me vs the PS5.   23 studios for Xbox will make AT LEAST 23 games this generation.  at £70 a piece, would be £1,610 if you bought every single one. 

I honestly believe Xbox will have more games than PS5 this time around. and if PS5 owners are going to pay £70 a pop for a game, they could only buy 8 games for the equivalent of the cost of GPU. 

it's a shame people are as territorial as they are.  If people looked at it logically, they'd see that this generation the microsoft offering is more consumer friendly. 

You’ve just spent a whole post going on about how Xbox is better than PlayStation and then said it’s a shame people are territorial. 
A big point I think you’re missing is there are versions of games for specifically for PS5 where as Xbox doesn’t have that.

I like both consoles though.

52 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

By the way you can get game pass ultimate for a lot loss than £540! Just buy three years of gold on g2a or CD keys and add it on to your account. (should cost 120 max) then activate the £1 game pass ultimate trial and it'll convert the 3 years gold in 3 years game pass ultimate. 

Only works if you've never had game pass ultimate before or if you don't mind starting a new account if you have.

On 11/11/2020 at 15:53, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

You’ve just spent a whole post going on about how Xbox is better than PlayStation and then said it’s a shame people are territorial. 
A big point I think you’re missing is there are versions of games for specifically for PS5 where as Xbox doesn’t have that.

I like both consoles though.

It will have this generation though. With the Bethesda acquisition, there will be plenty of Xbox exclusives. 

Also, I didn't spend the whole post saying xbox was better than play station.... I said Games Pass made it better for me.   I then suggested that 23 game studios on XBOX charging £70 per game (which is what the retail will be if people don't have games pass) would make Games Pass Great value for money....

I can see that the there aren't many launch titles for Xbox... I even said I can understand the rhetoric about that in the market....

But yeah, ya know, it that was me spending a whole post talking about the PS5, you got me. 

Edited by Greg2607

16 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

Does PS Now (or whatever its called these days) not offer the same thing though? There's a lot talked of gamepass now and Sony's version is completely overlooked.

Not checked PS myself, and with the addition of EA Play and gold bundled in with gamepass ultimate, it is good value to me.

On a side note, Fight Night Champion is still the mutts nuts!

13 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

It will have this generation though. With the Bethesda acquisition, there will be plenty of Xbox exclusives. 

You really think Microsoft will only sell Bethesda games to Xbox players. They’re not stupid why would you pay all that money for a big slice of the software market and then stop selling to 2/3s of it.

4 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

You really think Microsoft will only sell Bethesda games to Xbox players. They’re not stupid why would you pay all that money for a big slice of the software market and then stop selling to 2/3s of it.

Well it won't just be Xbox players it will also be PC players and anyone that uses game pass e.g. Xcloud users on android etc. 

I can guarantee that The next Elders Scroll will not be on PS5. Phil Spencer has already dropped hints at it. He hasn't been able to come out and confirm it 100% because the contract with Bethesda or something hasn't been fully finalised. 

https://www.psu.com/news/phil-spencer-doesnt-give-much-hope-for-future-bethesda-games-coming-to-ps5-in-new-statement/ 

6 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. They have been going on about their aim is to get people on their subscription model whether that be xbox or pc. They have said they aren't even bothered whether people are on xbox one or series X. I get the impression they are buying up these studios to get people of PS and onto their Microsoft subscriptions. 

7 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

They absolutely will keep it within the Xbox ecosystem on console and PC. You will not see another Bethesda game on Playstation. You don't spend billions trying to secure more platform exclusives, to then release those games on the rival platform.

Microsoft don't need the money from Playstation sales, it's nothing to them. They care about getting Xbox's with gamepass in your living room or to get you using gamepass on a windows 10 pc.

2 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

If they get 50 million subscribers for games pass ultimate, that acquisition is paid back in 12 months. 

On 11/11/2020 at 16:01, peach0000 said:

By the way you can get game pass ultimate for a lot loss than £540! Just buy three years of gold on g2a or CD keys and add it on to your account. (should cost 120 max) then activate the £1 game pass ultimate trial and it'll convert the 3 years gold in 3 years game pass ultimate. 

Only works if you've never had game pass ultimate before or if you don't mind starting a new account if you have.

That's exactly what i've done, but i guess moving forward, I probably won't do it again.  I've had my gamertag since the original xbox, so I'd want to keep with that. 

In fairness, £15 a month, in 3 years time feels like good value anyway.  Especially as loads of next gen games will be on gamepass by that point. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/11/2020 at 12:00, peach0000 said:

Finally managed to order on from amazon. So relieved I don't have to keep searching!

has it arrived yet? 

Loving my Series X...... enjoying it less that my 11 year old seems to have hijacked it and I don't get to play!! 

The WORST bit of it, is watching him play Forza Horizon 4 and getting more enjoyment of just bezzing around driving into things, than actually trying to win races etc.... 

Makes me die inside when he isn't trying to reach the next objective on any game! lol. 

49 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

has it arrived yet? 

Loving my Series X...... enjoying it less that my 11 year old seems to have hijacked it and I don't get to play!! 

The WORST bit of it, is watching him play Forza Horizon 4 and getting more enjoyment of just bezzing around driving into things, than actually trying to win races etc.... 

Makes me die inside when he isn't trying to reach the next objective on any game! lol. 

Next week I get it. I'm very excited. Which games would you recommend for it? I'm planning on getting game pass ultimate and haven't played many games in the last couple of years so I'm unsure what's out there and what's good

I skipped the Xbox One generation, so I'm like a kid in a sweetshop with all the games. 

Forza Horizon 4 is good. 

Gears 5 is great

Jedi - Fallen Order

Outer Worlds

No Mans Sky

Halo - MCC

Destiny 2. 

You'll be spoilt for choice. It all depends what kind of thing you are into!

I'm tempted to buy a COD title like Modern Warfare as a 2nd hand title..... but at the minute, i'm finding I have enough from those titles above to keep me engaged and entertained. 

with EA Play, you can have FIFA 20 at no cost, so if you are a FIFA guy, thats another great one to download. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Next week I get it. I'm very excited. Which games would you recommend for it? I'm planning on getting game pass ultimate and haven't played many games in the last couple of years so I'm unsure what's out there and what's good

Outer worlds I absolutely loved, there's a new expansion for it too, as well as with Halo - MCC. I'd played all originals so seeing a lot remastered was great. 

If you have mates with one, sea of thieves is brilliant. 

54 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Got Assassins Creed for Xbox if anyone was thinking of buying it. £40. £12 cheaper then going to the shops anyway...! And you can probably resell it for £30-35 once youre done. 

is it that bad that you are selling it already!!??!?!?!

2 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

is it that bad that you are selling it already!!??!?!?!

I'm just not into Assassins Creed games. I enjoyed the first two but after that I never got into it. Figured I might like this one but its more of the same stuff. If you've enjoyed the later assassins creed you'll likely enjoy it but if you haven't then you probably wont. All depends really. Game is too long for me to play. Come on lad buy it off me :D