Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I thought it would be good but bloody hell haha

I went from a second hand Xbox One bought from CEX in 2016 to this. Absolutely night and day.

I installed Red Dead Redemption on it first and just galloped around in awe at the scenery, how the draw distance has improved and the lighting.

As I was doing that I was downloading some games I had bought on the Xbox One. But beforehand I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 from the Game Pass. 

Got about 300gb scheduled to download today! 

I'm hoping they release an optimized patch for RDR. Still haven't played it properly and would buy it if this happened 

3 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

I'm hoping they release an optimized patch for RDR. Still haven't played it properly and would buy it if this happened 

It'll be interesting to see if they do but the game was already optimised for Xbox One X and is all set up for 4k gaming.

If and when you do get it i'm sure you'll love it. It's a sensational game, arguably one of the best ever.

1 hour ago, snoopy87 said:

Nah it's getting re-released knowing how Rockstar/Take Two operate now. They'll much rather charge extra lol. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-08-microsofts-usd7-5bn-deal-to-acquire-zenimax-approved-in-the-us-and-eu

The Zenimax takeover approved. Once that's all signed off, we might get a clearer idea of what they're going to release where. Suspect from an anti-competition perspective, they wernt ever going to say "no sony/nintendo" until it was all done. 

On 10/03/2021 at 09:11, Christoph said:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/09/officially-welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/

All done and dusted.  Be interesting to see how Microsoft get on.

I've got a PS5 and Xbox SX and i've played my Xbox way more than my PS5 just because of Gamepass really. 

But, But, Xbox has no games! 

19 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

But, But, Xbox has no games! 

It still doesn't though lol. Really hope they can get at least a couple of the exclusives out this year aside from just Halo. Been hearing that they're on the way for far too long now.

On 10/03/2021 at 09:11, Christoph said:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/09/officially-welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/

All done and dusted.  Be interesting to see how Microsoft get on.

I've got a PS5 and Xbox SX and i've played my Xbox way more than my PS5 just because of Gamepass really. 

I'm the same, got both and I rarely switch on the PS5.. I'm at least on my XSX every other day.

I'm not a fan of the PS5 controller, too gimmicky and I'm finding it uncomfortable for long periods of gaming.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Played a tiny bit of the demo and thought it was decent but quickly decided I wouldn't buy it. Now I'm thinking I might start playing it at launch so good move on both parties account.

I honestly think Xbox are killing it this generation. As someone who skipped the last generation due to having kids etc, the sheer volume of games I have available to play on Gamepass is mindblowing. I definitely don't have enough time to play them all. 

seeing lots of commentators online as well now declaring that they prefer the X to the PS5. 

2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

I honestly think Xbox are killing it this generation. As someone who skipped the last generation due to having kids etc, the sheer volume of games I have available to play on Gamepass is mindblowing. I definitely don't have enough time to play them all. 

seeing lots of commentators online as well now declaring that they prefer the X to the PS5. 

With every generation I always stumped for the PS first then got an Xbox later in their lives. Went Xbox this time round purely because of GamePass and I do not regret it. Especially with all the optimizations we are now getting on the service.

Having to take a serious look at a Series S for my kids now just to keep them away from my X, the lad is constantly on Power Rangers or Marvel vs Capcom. Double the cost of GamePass but they'll get the monies worth out of it

13 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

With every generation I always stumped for the PS first then got an Xbox later in their lives. Went Xbox this time round purely because of GamePass and I do not regret it. Especially with all the optimizations we are now getting on the service.

Having to take a serious look at a Series S for my kids now just to keep them away from my X, the lad is constantly on Power Rangers or Marvel vs Capcom. Double the cost of GamePass but they'll get the monies worth out of it

If you set your xbox live account on his Xbox as the "main Xbox" then your son will be able to play any game you've downloaded at the same time as you. I'm unsure if he will be able to just go on Gamepass and download it himself but i know if you download it first he will definitely be able to download it after. He will also share your Xbox live so you wont have to pay double on that either. 

I do this with my brother and we tend to go halves on games digitally because we both get to play them but it works out cheaper then buying them individually. 

How to do it

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-gameshare-on-xbox-one

TLDR: Go on your sons xbox. Sign in with your profile. Set it as home xbox. Sign out. And now when your son signs in they will get access to your digital library. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Took delivery of my new Series X this morning.

The packaging is nice. I might keep it in the box.

Silly isn't it but it's just such a nice little touch that makes it feel that bit more like a premium purchase.

Hope you enjoy. I had a thought the other day about how I just couldn't imagine going back to the previous loading times (also completely blows my Laptop SSD out of the water). Just need the next gen games now! Game pass has been going crazy with all the quality games now. Almost too many lol

• 2 weeks later...

Wait until the studios start rolling out title after title.... 23 studios, all making games, which will land at launch on gamepass. Even if it was a 4 year development cycle for each studio, that's still a brand new game, landing every 6 months as part of a subscription service.  Plus all of the back compat stuff and the Series X|S optimisation on other games. 

EA Play and rumours of other publishers coming to game pass with their back catalogue makes it a massively compelling offering. Couple that with being able to play on your mobile / Tablet / PC and a murmerings in the market of gamepass becoming available on the Nintendo Switch.....

Microsoft aren't mucking around this generation are they. 

I've never owned a PS, but i'm glad I don't this time around..... I've heard loads of people saying they have nothing to play after completing the launch titles......  not something you can level at MS right now!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve just sold my PS5 and ordered the series S. 
Apologies if it’s already been discussed as I haven’t been following this thread. 
Is it possible to increase storage yet for both old and next gen games?

Also ive heard there’s a fiddle to get game pass cheap, does anyone know how to do this?

Edited by Ginger_Filbert
  • Sad 1

Loading times are an absolute joy. Unreal stuff. Takes less than 30 seconds from starting Control (which is graphics heavy - such a great looking game) on the home screen to gameplay.

1 hour ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Also ive heard there’s a fiddle to get game pass cheap, does anyone know how to do this?

Yes to the expanded storage. Not sure whether there's third party on the market yet (probably) but the official Xbox expansion ain't cheap.

I share my Xbox game pass with a mate and share the cost. There's a short guide here but of course you need a friend who has game pass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Apologies if it’s already been discussed as I haven’t been following this thread. 

Basically you load up your normal Xbox Live for 3 years (or however long you choose) and then this £1 Game Pass Ultimate option thing converts all 3 years of Xbox Live into Ultimate Game Pass

Works out way cheaper than buying game pass separately

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3404524/get-3-years-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-tip.html

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

How come you sold your PS5 in favour of the xbox?

so i've JUST completed AC valhalla which I bought for Christmas (I don't game massively with 2 kids, a wife and a job)  So I'm now relying on my next game coming from Game Pass.   I've done Forza Horizon, Cyberpunk and Gears 5....

Any recommendations for what to try next? I tend to like story driven single player games. I'm not into online multiplayer type things.  I do love Call of Duty, but only the actual games, not warzone...

hit me up with what's worth trying next!