Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

So despite the PS5 having an SSD that's meant to be 2 times faster, Xbox's is actually quicker at loading?! Just backwards compatible games but interesting that it's outdone Sony so must be that Velocity architecture they've been banging on about.

Bottom line is that SSD's are finally going to make some games far less painful to play.

On 07/11/2020 at 23:16, dmayne7 said:

So despite the PS5 having an SSD that's meant to be 2 times faster, Xbox's is actually quicker at loading?! Just backwards compatible games but interesting that it's outdone Sony so must be that Velocity architecture they've been banging on about.

Bottom line is that SSD's are finally going to make some games far less painful to play.

Both load times are still pretty slow compared to what I'm used to on my PC.

Anyone know if any series Xs will be available tonight/tomorrow. I know Microsoft have said more pre orders will go live at 8am tomorrow for delivery in December but I've also heard that certain stores will be selling consoles from midnight for click and collect (essentially the stock held back for now cancelled midnight launches). Anyone got any inside info from these stores/which they will be?

Definitely going to pick this up in the new year having seen the reviews. I prefer my XBox One over my PS4, and I think I'll opt for the Microsoft console this coming generation. 

Good to see all the gamer virgins are already arguing across the internet as to which is better. It's like "who fvcking cares?", just get the one you want.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

Decided on the Xbox myself mainly for the gamepass which I am getting so much play out of, coupled in with EA play coming to it tomorrow.

The biggest thing for me is the looks, as much as the Xbox is a chunk of tower, the PS5 looks horrendous! Until they release a black version I'm not even entertaining it

14 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Photo attached has a list of all of the shops selling the xbox tomorrow if anyone still on the hunt.

8D4BD3B7-2088-4F0C-A873-18422E71B28D.jpeg

Amazing, exactly what I've been looking for.

Also one that's missing from this list is John Lewis. They are saying available from 8am. What that means is anyones guess regarding delivery.

Tried getting one through all access through Game. 5 minute queue, thinking i'm in here, stock gone.

Littlewoods hasn't even had any, still saying stock coming soon. Could've had one on original pre-order day but was still undecided, regretting that decision now

34 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Tried getting one through all access through Game. 5 minute queue, thinking i'm in here, stock gone.

Littlewoods hasn't even had any, still saying stock coming soon. Could've had one on original pre-order day but was still undecided, regretting that decision now

Littlewoods and curry still haven't put their stock up. I'm in the same boat. Can't find one anywhere. I've managed to checkout on John Lewis, Microsoft and very only to get error messages 

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Littlewoods and curry still haven't put their stock up. I'm in the same boat. Can't find one anywhere. I've managed to checkout on John Lewis, Microsoft and very only to get error messages 

Just seen littlewoods reply to someone on twitter that their stock sold out. Wasn't even live from what I can tell. Though I do suspect they put their stock on Very as its all shop direct isn't it

Mine has arrived. Stupid to say but it was probably the easiest package to open ever as they added tabs to all the sellotape.

After a bit of an error I've actually ended up with 2 :facepalm:. Going to send it back but equally if there's somebody here who wants it at face value, plus postage + insurance on that, I could sort you out. 

Not going to lie, the temptation to put it on eBay is there as dirty as that'd make me feel as don't want people to pay a premium when they missed out.

15 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Mine has arrived. Stupid to say but it was probably the easiest package to open ever as they added tabs to all the sellotape.

After a bit of an error I've actually ended up with 2 :facepalm:. Going to send it back but equally if there's somebody here who wants it at face value, plus postage + insurance on that, I could sort you out. 

Not going to lie, the temptation to put it on eBay is there as dirty as that'd make me feel as don't want people to pay a premium when they missed out.

I'll have it! I've messaged you

Edited by peach0000

Going to sell my Xbox one X (the older 4k one but still plays games really well) for £150 if anyone knows anyone who might want one. Niece/nephew youngen etc. Only to posters that have been on the website for longer then a year though. Cant be assed dealing with randomers on gumtree but most people on this forum are trustworthy. 

Anyone who's getting a new console and doesn't have plans for their old one (my 1st generation Xbox One ain't gonna get me much in the way of cash, and will most likely end up sitting in a box somewhere) why not consider donating it to a hospital, hospice etc. 

https://getwellgamers.org.uk/ seems to be a good place to start.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Anyone who's getting a new console and doesn't have plans for their old one (my 1st generation Xbox One ain't gonna get me much in the way of cash, and will most likely end up sitting in a box somewhere) why not consider donating it to a hospital, hospice etc. 

https://getwellgamers.org.uk/ seems to be a good place to start.

That's a nice idea

Little story: I bust my right wrist in two places (looked like a Tetris block) in a skateboarding accident when I was 14. Went through A&E, given IV painkillers while waiting for surgery and then a lovely nurse wheeled through a TV table with a PlayStation

Now I don't know if anyone's ever tried playing Destruction Derby with one hand (and your left hand at that), but as you might imagine it was tricky af

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Some good additions to Gamepass. Tetris Effect:Connect is great. Also noticed Throne breaker was on which I hadn't noticed before. Just waiting for new Destiny DLC to go live too. 

All about EA Play being added today. Downloaded Fight Night Champion this morning ready for a blast this afternoon when I get back. Not had a boxing game for donkeys!

10 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

I got my series s today with gamepass ultimate. Looking forward to playing all the xbox games I've missed over the past 3 gens. Been playing gears 5 this evening for a start :)

If it's on Game Pass (or available cheap) I definitely recommend the original Crackdown. It's a bit barebones in terms of missions but so much fun to just play as you power your character up. Great voiceover work too. Don't bother with Crackdown 2, it was rubbish. 3 is alright but lacks the humour of the original