Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

4 minutes ago, stu said:

£713.76 if you buy a series x and 24 months of game pass separately, so it’s comparable for £29 a month.

Mate just use a VPN and buy 3yrs of Middle Eastern/Brazilian Gold, and then use the £1 conversation. Three years stacked GPU for <£100.

Retail X-series console is £449. Seven hundred is a monstrous rip-off.

Just wait. What games are you missing out on right now? Cyberpunk? lol Might aswell wait til summer when it's in reasonable shape

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Mate just use a VPN and buy 3yrs of Middle Eastern/Brazilian Gold, and then use the £1 conversation. Three years stacked GPU for <£100.

Just wait. What games are you missing out on right now? Cyberpunk? lol Might aswell wait til summer when it's in reasonable shape

I already have an series X thanks, more than happy with it over my Xbox one x and I’m happy with my investment.

I think for anyone that doesn’t have the money to pay upfront that it is a decent deal due to the fact it’s comparable for paying for the everything out right.

Accepting there’s ways to get the gold cheaper and convert to game pass, but for the average Joe who takes out a £40 contact a month for a mobile phone that makes the cost more than the value of the item you surely could see how this to a comparable figure for the value of the goods you are paying for makes it an interesting proposition.

Edited by stu
Typo

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Mines being delivered.

You don't need games pass do you? 

No, but if you fancy an Netflix option of a back catalogue of 100+ games along with gold access for online multiplayer then it’s a good deal for £10.99 a month in my opinion, but probably one if you don’t have any games you plan to play currently.

If you’ve never used games pass you can convert any gold access you have prepuchased into games pass.

People have taken advantage of this by buying a number of years of gold access and then converting this to game pass access for nothing.

Sure there’s a load of YouTube videos explaining how to do this is the above makes sense.

You’ll see deals on CDKeys for 3 months of games pass for 13.99 now and again as well.

Edit, forgot to say that EA access is included as well, so you get the EA back catalogue and discounted FIFA points as well, if you want them.

Edited by stu

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Pretty much what I'm doing. I'll wait until they're easily available and I can grab one for £4/500. No exclusives are particularly out and using my housemates ps4 is more than good enough for a while 

Got Series X coming on Monday but the next purchase would have to be a new Monitor considering the one I'm using is budget enough as it is.

Hoping to get something that can run 1440p 120fps.

Hearing too many horror stories of people buying expensive screens and then finding out they don't support that. What do you all suggest? I'm not so much interested in a television because I play console games at a desk rather than on a TV from a sofa.

Saw this screen here, but i'm not sure if it's the right specs for the job. I honestly have no idea what i'm really looking for.

41 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Got Series X coming on Monday but the next purchase would have to be a new Monitor considering the one I'm using is budget enough as it is.

Hearing too many horror stories of people buying expensive screens and then finding out they don't support that. What do you all suggest? I'm not so much interested in a television because I play console games at a desk rather than on a TV from a sofa.

Saw this screen here, but i'm not sure if it's the right specs for the job. I honestly have no idea what i'm really looking for.

Not a bad price at all, 27" is imo the perfect size for a monitor, to then get 1440p with 144hz and only 1ms response and not be spending around £400 is surprising to me, those are all top tier specs but I suppose the market's changed since I last dipped into it. I don't see why compatibility would be an issue, unless there's something I'm missing 

Genuinely tempted to take a punt on that myself but I'm a sucker for a curved monitor and that pushes the price up.  If you can stretch your budget a little this one probably isn't a bad shout.  It's basically the bigger brother of the 1080p I've been using for the past year or so.

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not a bad price at all, 27" is imo the perfect size for a monitor, to then get 1440p with 144hz and only 1ms response and not be spending around £400 is surprising to me, those are all top tier specs but I suppose the market's changed since I last dipped into it. I don't see why compatibility would be an issue, unless there's something I'm missing 

Genuinely tempted to take a punt on that myself but I'm a sucker for a curved monitor and that pushes the price up.  If you can stretch your budget a little this one probably isn't a bad shout.  It's basically the bigger brother of the 1080p I've been using for the past year or so.

Tried digging and found that that monitor won't run XSX at 120hz.

Some monitors only do higher hz through display ports, so you have to really check in the online manuals for the hdmi outputs.

My monitor is 24 inches and outputs 120hz, but is only 1080p. More than happy with that until they actually release some affordable 4K monitors with a higher refresh rates and quick response times.

They are only just coming on the market and will be pushing the upper hundreds, if not more.

41 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

You need hdmi 2.1 for 120hz. 

Sorry, but that’s not true. My monitor is HDMI 1.4 and I get 120hz at 1080p.

You need the higher HDMI for the better resolutions. 2.1 in particular is the only output that can support 4k.

1 hour ago, stu said:

Sorry, but that’s not true. My monitor is HDMI 1.4 and I get 120hz at 1080p.

You need the higher HDMI for the better resolutions. 2.1 in particular is the only output that can support 4k.

Sorry I meant 4k 120. 

• Like 1

On 16/01/2021 at 15:05, Ashley said:

My god its shit hot. 

This was pretty much my reaction to it as well. Usually I've always gone for the PS at launch and picked and Xbox up later. Definitely feel I've gone the right route this generation

On 16/01/2021 at 17:22, AKCJ said:

I have this for PS5:

TUF Gaming VG289Q|Monitors|ASUS Global

Cost around £330 before Xmas.

If you want more than 120hz you'll have to pay a lot more in which case you may as well pay more for a TV.

The general consensus on reddit and the like when I was looking around was 1) make sure it's an IPS panel - more vibrant colours, TN are darker panels.  2) some HDR is better than none at all - although tbh at night in the dark it's plenty bright enough for me 3) go with 4k rather than 1440p at 120hz.  Also having a fully adjustable stand is an added bonus on this monitor.

It works really well and I'm sure will work fine with your black waste paper bin box.  :thumbup:

Edited by Legend_in_blue

2 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

This was pretty much my reaction to it as well. Usually I've always gone for the PS at launch and picked and Xbox up later. Definitely feel I've gone the right route this generation

I've always been Xbox, but skipped the last generation due to young kids, no time or indeed money lol. 

Series X is brilliant, I love it. And games pass makes it an almost unbeatable proposition. The sheer volume of new games that will launch on gamepass on release day in the next 2 years is incredible. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

I've always been Xbox, but skipped the last generation due to young kids, no time or indeed money lol. 

Series X is brilliant, I love it. And games pass makes it an almost unbeatable proposition. The sheer volume of new games that will launch on gamepass on release day in the next 2 years is incredible. 

I'm losing this generation to my kids at the minute! Every time I pick the controller up my 3 year old either wants to play Power Rangers or Capcom vs Marvel. I got 20 minutes with Halo: Master Chief Collection over the weekend and he took the rest!

Certainly good value when the household is using gamepass as well, even my daughter gets involved with the fighting games, wants me to download the Disneyland game now though!

19 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Got a Series X now sat in my car and a new monitor being delivered tonight.

:D

I thought it would be good but bloody hell haha

I went from a second hand Xbox One bought from CEX in 2016 to this. Absolutely night and day.

I installed Red Dead Redemption on it first and just galloped around in awe at the scenery, how the draw distance has improved and the lighting.

As I was doing that I was downloading some games I had bought on the Xbox One. But beforehand I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 from the Game Pass. 

Got about 300gb scheduled to download today! 

45 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

I'm losing this generation to my kids at the minute! Every time I pick the controller up my 3 year old either wants to play Power Rangers or Capcom vs Marvel. I got 20 minutes with Halo: Master Chief Collection over the weekend and he took the rest!

Certainly good value when the household is using gamepass as well, even my daughter gets involved with the fighting games, wants me to download the Disneyland game now though!

i'm super lucky that my Son is about to turn 12.  I got him a Series S for Christmas and he is starting to get into proper games (albeit, lots of fortnite, rocket league, etc)  I tend not to play on my X when the kids are around, I sneak in an hour here and there.  

But since it arrived i've played a fair amount of Jedi Fallen Order, Horizon 4 and then most recently Cyberpunk. (which I got for Christmas from my wife bless her)

I also have Valhalla downloaded and ready to play, but I tend to complete a game before I move on to the next otherwise I never get fully into the storylines.