Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

20 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Forgot about this, is anywhere still taking pre orders? I'm struggling!

Smyths and Game, but they're both down currently.  I believe John Lewis will take pre-orders too but they've got nothing up yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Smyths and Game, but they're both down currently.  I believe John Lewis will take pre-orders too but they've got nothing up yet.

I didn't realise John Lewis hadn't released them yet I'd assumed they had sold out, thanks for the info. I have considered driving to a smyths store but I think I'll continue to just take my chances online. If I get one I get one, if I don't I'll queue up on the day (if that kind of thing will happen) or I'll just wait a few months and probably save some money by doing so.

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I didn't realise John Lewis hadn't released them yet I'd assumed they had sold out, thanks for the info. I have considered driving to a smyths store but I think I'll continue to just take my chances online. If I get one I get one, if I don't I'll queue up on the day (if that kind of thing will happen) or I'll just wait a few months and probably save some money by doing so.

Game appears to be working, friend just got his order in.

I completely skipped the PS4 /XBO generation of consoles. So could someone please recommend me if I should:

A) get a used PS4 or xbox one original 

B) get a used PS4 pro or the 4k Xbox equivalent

C) get the new S version

Not overly fussed about online play and don't particularly want to shell out monthly for games pass or anything, just something to play occasionally like once a week

8 hours ago, Adster said:

Out of interest, why do you want both the X and the S? 

Bought the X for me, which I'll plug into my 4k TV that's in the Kitchen.  The S will be a Xmas present for my 11 year old son, who only has a 1080p TV, so that will hook up in his bedroom. 

I also got 3 years of gamepass ultimate using the Xbox live trick, so 3 years of Games Pass Ultimate, plus both consoles, cost me £700......

Which is the exact same amount as two years of all access for the series x. 

Edited by Greg2607

13 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I completely skipped the PS4 /XBO generation of consoles. So could someone please recommend me if I should:

A) get a used PS4 or xbox one original 

B) get a used PS4 pro or the 4k Xbox equivalent

C) get the new S version

Not overly fussed about online play and don't particularly want to shell out monthly for games pass or anything, just something to play occasionally like once a week

Tricky one - PS4 had more exclusives this generation, highly rated but mostly slow-moving story-driven adventure games. If that's not your genre, I'd be more inclined to go with Xbox Series S. It's dirt cheap for a next-generation console, will be able to play all Xbox One games, Xbox Series X games and I believe even the 360 and original Xbox games which have been made backwards compatible for the Xbox One. That is a massive library, plus with Microsoft's acquisition of Bethesda, Xbox Series S and X are almost certainly going to have a bigger selection of AAA exclusives coming than PS5

• Thanks 1

I've gone ahead and pre ordered an S to have alongside my PS5, gamepass just seems too good to pass up when I can just spend £250 on a console and still be able to play the new xbox stuff as well, plus I've never played any of the past xbox exclusive games, haven't even played Halo 1 lol

As for the Bethesda thing, I can't honestly see them making Elder Scrolls and Fallout exclusive to the xbox and PC now, the reason those games did so well was because they were available on every system, I can't see Microsoft wanting to miss out on the money they make from PS5 sales

I can see them putting the games on gamepass for xbox and charging PS5 users £70 a copy, this makes the most sense

Edited by MrSpaM

47 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I've gone ahead and pre ordered an S to have alongside my PS5, gamepass just seems too good to pass up when I can just spend £250 on a console and still be able to play the new xbox stuff as well, plus I've never played any of the past xbox exclusive games, haven't even played Halo 1 lol

Halo was great in the day and did a lot to develop the console FPS genre, loved 3 at the time but they are weird to go back to (not played the more recent ones) - very slow movement, huge floaty jumps, no ADS, really high TTK. Nothing like most modern shooters

Forza Horizon has been the best exclusive series for me by a country mile, incredible games and I don't usually like racers. Really well designed open world maps (loosely based on real locations), just the right balance of sim and arcade handling, loads of challenges, great soundtracks - they are just a joy to play. Actual Forza has gone downhill as a series

Gears of War. Meh. Same old meaty cover-based shooters with big meaty characters, big meaty guns and big meaty chunks of meat flying off of exploded enemies. A 5-year old boy's dream, but massively overrated as a series.

Sunset Overdrive was just bizarre. The original Crackdown was fantastic but the series development was weird after. The PGR series was excellent, shame it ended at 4. Struggling to think of much else. Hexic HD! Loved it for a freebie

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong thread but whatever

My original (6 year old) GTA 5 disc isn't being read when it's inserted, more often than not it comes up with an error that says it's not compatible with Xbox One. Now obviously my disc is an Xbox One disc, when I google the error code the only solution is to change your power settings to what mine is always on anyway, and a hard reset does nothing either. Looking at other comments I don't see anyone say that they're having the issue putting an XB1 disc into an XB1, more just that they're legit trying to play a 360 game on an XB1. It's weird because it can do this for days, and then eventually its fine for a few weeks with no problems, then boom it just refuses to run no matter how much I give the disc a wipe or reset the xbox. Any ideas? Obviously the disc is old and not the best condition any more but the way this happens leads me to believe its more of an issue with the Xbox itself, even though other discs generally read fine

7 minutes ago, Walkers said:

My original (6 year old) GTA 5 disc isn't being read when it's inserted, more often than not it comes up with an error that says it's not compatible with Xbox One. Now obviously my disc is an Xbox One disc, when I google the error code the only solution is to change your power settings to what mine is always on anyway, and a hard reset does nothing either. Looking at other comments I don't see anyone say that they're having the issue putting an XB1 disc into an XB1, more just that they're legit trying to play a 360 game on an XB1. It's weird because it can do this for days, and then eventually its fine for a few weeks with no problems, then boom it just refuses to run no matter how much I give the disc a wipe or reset the xbox. Any ideas? Obviously the disc is old and not the best condition any more but the way this happens leads me to believe its more of an issue with the Xbox itself, even though other discs generally read fine

As it happens i've just changed my power on setting to energy saver, which is the reverse to what the troubleshooting suggests (instant on), it's now working. But either way this will happen again at some point lol

6 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Only things that come to mind is the disc itself being the issue, especially if other discs run fine. Or the issue could be with the console hardware reading the disc, which seems unlikely if it doesn't happen with other discs.

38 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Only things that come to mind is the disc itself being the issue, especially if other discs run fine. Or the issue could be with the console hardware reading the disc, which seems unlikely if it doesn't happen with other discs.

Yeah I assumed the disc first, its easy to with it being old etc but its just the consistency of it working and then not working. And why it thinks its trying to read a 360 disc.....