Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

21 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

has it arrived yet? 

Loving my Series X...... enjoying it less that my 11 year old seems to have hijacked it and I don't get to play!! 

The WORST bit of it, is watching him play Forza Horizon 4 and getting more enjoyment of just bezzing around driving into things, than actually trying to win races etc.... 

Makes me die inside when he isn't trying to reach the next objective on any game! lol. 

Loving mine too. The loads times are non existent!

Horizon 4 looks absolutely stunning on my 4K TV, and just for a starter game on a new console I can't wait to see what they churn out next.

Sadly have the same issue with hijacking though, my 3 year old keeps taking it off me to play Marvel vs Capcom

2 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

Loving mine too. The loads times are non existent!

Horizon 4 looks absolutely stunning on my 4K TV, and just for a starter game on a new console I can't wait to see what they churn out next.

Sadly have the same issue with hijacking though, my 3 year old keeps taking it off me to play Marvel vs Capcom

I've already pre-empted the solution. 

He has a Series S for Christmas, so I've only got 4 weeks to put up with this! lol.

37 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I've already pre-empted the solution. 

He has a Series S for Christmas, so I've only got 4 weeks to put up with this! lol.

Switch Lite for ours, can share the games with my daughter then as she has the full fat one and both leave me to it!

Ours just arrived today, but its constantly crashing for seemingly no reason. Done it in games of CoD with both one and two local players playing online, and even on the menu at one point. Managed just one full match of CoD so far. The console isn't running hot at all - its quiet as a mouse and definitely doesn't seem like an overheating problem. Anyone else having similar issues?

Bit of googling and it seems to be a common problem, but haven't seen any solutions yet.

13 hours ago, Xen said:

Ours just arrived today, but its constantly crashing for seemingly no reason. Done it in games of CoD with both one and two local players playing online, and even on the menu at one point. Managed just one full match of CoD so far. The console isn't running hot at all - its quiet as a mouse and definitely doesn't seem like an overheating problem. Anyone else having similar issues?

Bit of googling and it seems to be a common problem, but haven't seen any solutions yet.

Had no such issues myself but it does sound strangely like a problem I had on my PC at work. Something to do with the motherboard having static on it. Try unplugging the mains lead, then hold the power button for 15-20 seconds, then plug back in and turn on 

On 28/11/2020 at 19:33, Xen said:

There is a known issue with COD that can brick your console at the minute....

DO NOT PLAY COD. 

not until some patches come out and the issues are resolved. You may end up with a very expensive paperweight for the xmas period otherwise. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greg2607 said:

There is a known issue with COD that can brick your console at the minute....

DO NOT PLAY COD. 

not until some patches come out and the issues are resolved. You may end up with a very expensive paperweight for the xmas period otherwise. 

Thanks for the heads up. We tested it a bit more after I posted and realised it was just CoD that it was affecting so we've not really touched it (I think my partner played some of the campaign, but that crashed also). I'll make sure we both steer clear of it til it gets fixed.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

might pick one of these up, was thinking of getting a PS5 but this is more reasonably priced, how much is the drop off in graphics/performance compared to the X ?

I'll tell you at Christmas! lol.  Series S is capable of 1440p at 120hz.... bust most games at playing at 1080p. if you have a big 4k tv.... might not look incredible. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

that's what's putting me off I had 500gb back in 1999, 1tb should be standard

Personally I wouldn't bother for the Series S. Ignoring the lack of disk drive, 350 gig is about 1 cod and a couple of games lol. You can get the extra storage but by that point you might as well have bought a series X. Obviously not easy getting a Series X at the moment but they're definitely not that hard to buy if you keep a look out.  Definitely not as hard as buying a ps5 anyway lol 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

that's what's putting me off I had 500gb back in 1999, 1tb should be standard

Are you sure about that? I remember my family getting a pretty high end PC in 1999, and the hard drive was 6GB, which was more than most PCs came with

5 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Are you sure about that? I remember my family getting a pretty high end PC in 1999, and the hard drive was 6GB, which was more than most PCs came with

bit of an exaggeration, it was more like 70/70gb Maxtor hdds back then but still you would think 1TB would be standard.

23 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

bit of an exaggeration, it was more like 70/70gb Maxtor hdds back then but still you would think 1TB would be standard.

Only if the customer base is happy to have an HDD in a next gen console which I strongly imagine isn't the case.   I do agree that 1TB is the practical minimum for most people and 350 usable is bordering on unfit for purpose, but solid drives are not cheap which is why the relatively low-cost consoles are only just starting to catch up.  I would absolutely expect a minimum of 500gb usable off the bat though, especially if no disc drive is available.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2020 at 16:57, whoareyaaa said:

Still quite a way off http://edition.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9901/21/honkin.idg/index.html

And SSD and flash memory was prohibitively expensive for very little back then. I had the Sony MP3 Walkman for Christmas 1999, £250 RRP for a whopping 64MB. I think there was only one MP3 player on the market with higher storage (HDD) but it was huge and about £1,000. USB sticks back then were typically 8/16MB

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Only if the customer base is happy to have an HDD in a next gen console which I strongly imagine isn't the case.   I do agree that 1TB is the practical minimum for most people and 350 usable is bordering on unfit for purpose, but solid drives are not cheap which is why the relatively low-cost consoles are only just starting to catch up.  I would absolutely expect a minimum of 500gb usable off the bat though, especially if no disc drive is available.

That's just it, the Series S is £249 at launch for a next gen console, so compromises had to be made. When was the last time that price was offered for a new console at launch? The PS2 at launch was £299, and adjusted for inflation that's over £500 in today's money. I'm not including the Wii as the internals for that were pretty much identical to the Gamecube

If they'd have put 1TB SSD in the Series S they'd have probably had to price it at £350-ish (or take a fairly big loss per unit) and it not be enough of a saving for people to take them up on the offer

• Like 1

https://www.costco.co.uk/Order-by-December-21st-For-Pre-Christmas-Delivery/Xbox-Series-X-Console-with-Watch-Dogs-Legion-and-Additional-Xbox-Controller/p/346039

In stock at Costco with Xmas delivery for anyone who wants one and is quick.

EDIT: Wow they'd sold in the time it took me to write the original post (Literally 2 minutes)

Edited by Leicester_Loyal