Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

Same. Situation I have is though a One X with 3 years of gamepass with a pretty average TV, and an aged PC rocking a 4670k 750ti combo lol 

Time to sell the One X on to suppliment buying a Series X probably past it's peak but can't really justify sinking £500+ into another console.

Plus all I really play is CoD & Forza anyway, although obviously Cyberpunk looks worth a go next gen.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/12/2020 at 12:25, whoareyaaa said:

might pick one of these up, was thinking of getting a PS5 but this is more reasonably priced, how much is the drop off in graphics/performance compared to the X ?

so to loop back around to this.... my son is using the S on a 1080p tv, with 60hz refresh rate....   There really isn't THAT much difference between the graphics on the games he is playing. Although admittedly, this extends to FIFA, Fortnite, Forza Horizons 4 and Rocket League. 

We have a 65inch Samsung TV in the lounge for the x. Capable of 4k @ 60hz with VRR and HDR10 support.  

They are both pretty comparable.  I think to the untrained eye (which is what I would class myself as) you wouldn't feel like you were suffering with the S. 

it's a great machine for £250. 

throw in gamepass, especially with the rumours of Ubisoft coming to the platform and the inclusion of EA Play and it's a phenomenal machine for just playing endless amount of games. 

Managed to get one from GAME plus additional controller, docking station and xbox game pass for 3 months. Oh and a t-shirt and cap which I had no choice but to buy because of the bundle it was in. 

Promising for anyone else looking for one.  

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Managed to get one from GAME plus additional controller, docking station and xbox game pass for 3 months. Oh and a t-shirt and cap which I had no choice but to buy because of the bundle it was in. 

make sure you look into getting 3 years of gamepass for £1 if you haven't already. 

32 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

make sure you look into getting 3 years of gamepass for £1 if you haven't already. 

Is it £1, or is it you buy 3 years worth of Gold subscription (at about £40 p/yr) and then pay the £1 upgrade fee? Still a bargain, but if there's a way to get Games Pass for £1 I definitely want in!

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

I just got it with the T-shirt and Cap... I will be wearing it with pride when it eventually arrives.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Is it £1, or is it you buy 3 years worth of Gold subscription (at about £40 p/yr) and then pay the £1 upgrade fee? Still a bargain, but if there's a way to get Games Pass for £1 I definitely want in!

No no, that's exactly correct. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg2607 said:

49 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

25 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

No no, that's exactly correct. 

So basically, it is partly correct. 

It's mainly for new customers however if you're a customer now you can cancel your XBL and let it run out. Buy a code off CD Keys or the like then upgrade to game pass for what ever period. 

I know someone who's put bought XBL 3 Years for £111 then upgraded to Game Pass for £10.99 for the 3 years on top. 

Think I'll do similar. 

I was always buying an extra controller and docking station so we've basically paid £26 for a cap and tshirt😂

20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

So basically, it is partly correct. 

It's mainly for new customers however if you're a customer now you can cancel your XBL and let it run out. Buy a code off CD Keys or the like then upgrade to game pass for what ever period. 

I know someone who's put bought XBL 3 Years for £111 then upgraded to Game Pass for £10.99 for the 3 years on top. 

Think I'll do similar. 

I was always buying an extra controller and docking station so we've basically paid £26 for a cap and tshirt😂

Yeah I'm terrified about ending up being screwed over, I've got about 6 months left on a 12 month subscription and was going to buy 24 more months to try the upgrade deal, but I'm so worried that I'll end up paying for Gold outright and still being charged £10 per month for GP on top. And then it turns out they're making Gold free so I end up paying MORE in the long run lol

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah I'm terrified about ending up being screwed over, I've got about 6 months left on a 12 month subscription and was going to buy 24 more months to try the upgrade deal, but I'm so worried that I'll end up paying for Gold outright and still being charged £10 per month for GP on top. And then it turns out they're making Gold free so I end up paying MORE in the long run lol

Well you have to let GPU expire.  Adding you don't have gold on auto renewal (which you need to turn off) then it is meant to work. 

I was updating from an Xbox 360. So I'd never used GP before. So bought 3 years of gold and then converted to GPU for £1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

Well you have to let GPU expire.  Adding you don't have gold on auto renewal (which you need to turn off) then it is meant to work. 

I was updating from an Xbox 360. So I'd never used GP before. So bought 3 years of gold and then converted to GPU for £1.

Cool, last time I had GPU was a few months back when they were doing the £1 month trials, when that expired I just bought 12 months Gold so will buy another 24 months and see how it goes. I'm definitely going for the XSX over a PS5 so I'll be using the Gold even if the £1 upgrade doesn't work for any reason

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Do you have a link? I think I missed out :( 

Sorry mate, looks like they have sold out.

If I see anymore I will post and tag you in so you see.

I still get notifications from Stockinformer.co.uk when some come up for sale on the major retailers, worth setting up if you are on the hunt as well.

Its how I managed to get one before Christmas.

1 hour ago, stu said:

Sorry mate, looks like they have sold out.

If I see anymore I will post and tag you in so you see.

I still get notifications from Stockinformer.co.uk when some come up for sale on the major retailers, worth setting up if you are on the hunt as well.

Its how I managed to get one before Christmas.

Thanks Stu, i've downloaded their app and will get it that way. You needn't go to the bother of remembering to tag me when you see stock but I appreciate that :)

• Like 1