Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Already talk of Rangers having to sell players to cover the lack of revenue.

Had they budgeted for CL football or in mess finances wise ?

There are three things that are certain in life. Death, taxes and Rangers being in financial trouble. 

They're a horribly run club. Even in the 90's/early 00's when they appeared to be doing well, they were running themselves into the ground and it all stems from that famous Davie Murray quote "for every £5 that Celtic spend, we will spend 10".

It's why I've never understood the argument that if Rangers were in the PL with the finances that it provides, they would do well. There is no evidence that backs that up. Quite the contrary, the more money they seem to have, the more trouble the get themselves into. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, boots60 said:

Now Rangers are out of the CL, there are 3 Scottish clubs we can possibly meet in Europa league.

Rangers, Celtic & St Johnstone, who would all be good away trips with less faffing about than a European trip.

Glasgow being 40 mins from my house would be good but I'd love a trip to Perth. Nice city. 

The last few games have been brilliant to watch, Celtic are playing some breathtaking football right now. It's unbelievable the change in such a short space of time. It's right up there with some of the football we played in Rodgers' first season. 

We seem to have found an absolute diamond in Kyogo and if we can tighten things up at the back then I think we could get our title back this season.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The last few games have been brilliant to watch, Celtic are playing some breathtaking football right now. It's unbelievable the change in such a short space of time. It's right up there with some of the football we played in Rodgers' first season. 

We seem to have found an absolute diamond in Kyogo and if we can tighten things up at the back then I think we could get our title back this season.

Furuhashi looks very good. His movement is incredible. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is only because they absolutely have to (given that everyone is so biased and so quick to cry favouritism at any perceived slight), but Sky have partisan co-commentary, BUT ONE FROM EACH SIDE.

If only their English Premier League coverage had such a requirement for balance.

17 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It is only because they absolutely have to (given that everyone is so biased and so quick to cry favouritism at any perceived slight), but Sky have partisan co-commentary, BUT ONE FROM EACH SIDE.

If only their English Premier League coverage had such a requirement for balance.

I've always thought that McCoist on commentary does a great job at staying unbiased even though he's probably gagging to belt oot a rendition of the sash. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Oh no, we get the double commentary when Liverpool play Man United.

When one of those play against the riff-raff we're not worthy of having our own voice.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I've always thought that McCoist on commentary does a great job at staying unbiased even though he's probably gagging to belt oot a rendition of the sash. 

I like to think that Super Ally is more cultured than the bigot songbook.

He might hum Simply The Best if he's feeling saucy, but that's as far as it goes...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I like to think that Super Ally is more cultured than the bigot songbook.

He might hum Simply The Best if he's feeling saucy, but that's as far as it goes...

I'm naw so sure. He might hide it better than others but he's from an era of Rangers players who touched a picture of the Queen as they left the dressing room.