Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Could be considered an upgrade as well tbf, did a cracking job at feyenoord

I would say so. Just as big a profile as Gerard as a player but more experience as a manager and has far more prior knowledge of the club and the Scottish game than Gerard did. 

I also saw that Roy Makaay is on his backroom team. I forgot he even existed. Class striker in his day  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Corky said:

What a comedown for Callum Davidson. Double Cup win last season, finished 5th in the League.

Now bottom and heading out of the Scottish Cup to League 2 side Kelty Hearts.

League 2 is a bit misleading for Kelty though isn't it, they have a number of players who joined them whilst in the Lowland league that 'shouldn't' be there. Although St Johnstone should probably be beating them regardless.@Muzzy_Larsson I know they're owned by some bloke who runs a conservatory company or something but other than the bits and bobs that I've heard from Craig Telfer via The Terrace (both the podcast and tv show) I don't know an awful lot. How are they generally viewed up there? I know there's been a few other clubs lower down who have thrown some cash about as well like Darvel.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

On 22/01/2022 at 19:37, Tommy Fresh said:

League 2 is a bit misleading for Kelty though isn't it, they have a number of players who joined them whilst in the Lowland league that 'shouldn't' be there. Although St Johnstone should probably be beating them regardless.@Muzzy_Larsson I know they're owned by some bloke who runs a conservatory company or something but other than the bits and bobs that I've heard from Craig Telfer via The Terrace (both the podcast and tv show) I don't know an awful lot. How are they generally viewed up there? I know there's been a few other clubs lower down who have thrown some cash about as well like Darvel.

Yeah there a league two side in name only, given their manager, they're playing staff and budget they are probably a league 1 or bottom end championship side in terms of finance, playing staff, etc. I don't think there is too much animosity towards them as there are a few teams in the lower leagues in Scotland doing the same thing and throwing a lot of money at their respective projects, Cove Rangers and Queens Park are the other two obvious examples.