Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

6N 2020

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Bookies have Ireland to win by 4 against Wales. Wales 4 point handicap looks good considering the Irish didn't pull up any trees against Scotland.

I sadly agree and surprised we are favourites. We created nothing which is worrying. Only plus side was the defence but that was forced out of said lack of ambition plus a Hogg howler of course.

I reckon Wales by 3, Scotland by 6 and France by at least 20.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2020 at 18:08, Paddy. said:

Maybe not picking a number 8 in the squad wasn't Eddies best move. Not sure how any international coach can think that they'll get a way with playing a flanker at 8. 

Quite a few WClass players,and also down to high Performance Junior clubs,have seen flankers/No8...exchange positions comfortably...

some other forwards,have had the ability (Keeping same Level of quality) through various special Skill forward positions....Its Not rare..!!

Though at International Level I agree,players like Lawes,should Stay where they Reserves to Qualify for the Int.Shirt.

Unless you show & Shine ,in Another position...Coaches should Not try and be clever,and try und Force it....

There are other high class players available for every position....x 2...

Its the Challenge to find that exception to the rule players...Something that NZ,do on a regular basis...

England are still a Top team,and Eddie Jones,has been a Great coach for the Roses,and still is..!!

Though it was Great to see the French  come alive again..,if Our Handling was better, we would of gone in Front in the First half...Fine Margins..

On 06/02/2020 at 19:12, Nalis said:

I sadly agree and surprised we are favourites. We created nothing which is worrying. Only plus side was the defence but that was forced out of said lack of ambition plus a Hogg howler of course.

I reckon Wales by 3, Scotland by 6 and France by at least 20.

You've basically been shit for a full year now which is kinda crazy when you consider you had a stint at number one, albeit for winning some warm up friendlies. 

You were shit in the Six Nations last year, you were shit in the world cup, you were shit against Scotland. I'm surprised Farrell got the job and you didn't go for someone unrelated to the last regime. 

He's got no previous as any kind of decent head coach. 

All of that said, you've got the personnel to win and we were deceptively average against an atrocious Italy. I'd make it about 50/50 to be honest, given its home field advantage. I'd fancy us to win on neutral ground tbh. 

Have just read the 6 nations are set to become 7 in 2024 with South Africa joining the competition and ditching Australia and New Zealand.

Although, Japan make take their place in the Rugby Championship this would effectively kill the competition.

For South Africa, they get prime time games, less jet lag and less travel. But this could mean an extra few weeks of the 6N depending on how they structured it.

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Have just read the 6 nations are set to become 7 in 2024 with South Africa joining the competition and ditching Australia and New Zealand.

Although, Japan make take their place in the Rugby Championship this would effectively kill the competition.

For South Africa, they get prime time games, less jet lag and less travel. But this could mean an extra few weeks of the 6N depending on how they structured it.

That will be different. Could do with Italy leaving as they haven't progressed at all. Is there a 2nd tier tournament they could join ? 

17 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You've basically been shit for a full year now which is kinda crazy when you consider you had a stint at number one, albeit for winning some warm up friendlies. 

You were shit in the Six Nations last year, you were shit in the world cup, you were shit against Scotland. I'm surprised Farrell got the job and you didn't go for someone unrelated to the last regime. 

He's got no previous as any kind of decent head coach. 

All of that said, you've got the personnel to win and we were deceptively average against an atrocious Italy. I'd make it about 50/50 to be honest, given its home field advantage. I'd fancy us to win on neutral ground tbh. 

Yeah in 2018 we would comfortably one of the best two teams in the world but as you say, we've been nowhere near that level for 12 months. A year is a very long time, I think it begs the question (in all sport really), of when do you go from being 'off form' to just being 'a bit shit'? Fear it's the latter.

As for Farrell, its up to them to prove us fans wrong, would have been more interesting to see us with a Pivac style coach rather than a more defensive minded coach than Joe.

As for you guys, its always incredibly difficult to judge a performance against Italy since other factors might come into play such as conserving energy for other matches, etc. 

13 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Edfie Jones being a bit of a dick in this interview.

I thought they were both ****ing cringe worthy tbh. 

She's trying to be Paxman, he's trying to be Mourinho, they're both just poundshop versions of those. 

There's nothing clever or intelligent about Jones mind games, it's no mystery why he does it and they've never once actually rattled anyone and made a difference. It's just him projecting himself in to the spotlight to avoid talking about the struggles he's under as a bang average coach. 

While we're talking about his ridiculous interviews we're not talking about England's terrible lack of any creativity which has persisted through his entire tenure. 

The BBC just crawling up his arse trying to make out he's some rebel genius is just giving him more aura than he's really worth quite frankly.