Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

6N 2020

42 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I wonder what punishment Marler will get for fondling AWJs nads. That was proper weird.

22 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

It was. Although, if it was a footballer the Welsh lad would’ve thrown himself to the ground, clutching his face ! I’d imagine he’ll get a ticking off regarding his ‘hands on approach’.

A ticking off in the form of a minimum twelve week ban yeah. 

The maximum is 208 weeks but I mean he'd have to have really grabbed and aggressively twisted someone's balls for that. 

I imagine it'll end his season. 

Edited by Finnegan

58 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The video literally reinforces every single word I just wrote.

If you don't realise that, apparently including the bit about about hilariously biased tigers fans. 

What part of the hit to the head don't you see, clearly as many bitter Red tinted glass wearing Welshmen as salty Tigers fans. 

It was an illegal challenge. Justifiable yellow or red. No attempt to wrap though the player was at an awkward falling angle but this doesn’t justify the lack of an attempt. Manu clearly wanted to take North into touch. 

As for words like disgusting and dirty etc... that’s an overreaction - I don’t believe there was intent to injure and neither did North.

Red card was the right decision. Could have perhaps been mitigated to a yellow but red was correct. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Red card was the right decision. Could have perhaps been mitigated to a yellow but red was correct. 

I thought so too. I thought Manu was in trouble from the word go (pretty hard to justify going in like that) but thought red was more likely. Silly thing to go and do too; always a risk, already a man down...

The resulting scoreline suggested a match closer than it was. England had it pretty well wrapped up until then.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

It was an illegal challenge. Justifiable yellow or red. No attempt to wrap though the player was at an awkward falling angle but this doesn’t justify the lack of an attempt. Manu clearly wanted to take North into touch. 

As for words like disgusting and dirty etc... that’s an overreaction - I don’t believe there was intent to injure and neither did North.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the incident as a whole.

• Like 1

Yep, and Scotland not even playing particularly well by their standards. Defensively sound enough but not clicked otherwise. Another deserved red though, not that I saw it at first. Video ref went through the footage for that.

Not over yet though, France can conjure stuff up sometimes.

9 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Isnt that obvious..!! Ist Part of the game,not a Bad or illegal thought or action..!!

#First Rugby has some problems,to determine Action replays ,intent und dangerous play

# Manu by Nature is an aggressive player,the Shoulder itself was Not the problem,thats how you go into all tackles...

The 2 problems....North was going down ,IMO in both disciplines (Union und league)  the high tackle is incorrect adjudged Plus movement

Or both players,with Defenders arm movement and ball Carriers body movement...dips,side swerves,deliberate movement to go to ground,

or Diving to slide over the line...

Oh yes Manu was going to Take North Out with his strength and bullish ( intended/ legal or not) tackle.

Now the movement of arms,is the afterthought,majority of times but correctly they must used and be shown the attempt is deliberate.

Manus arm movement was far Too slow,( no excuse) but even if his timing was correct,his Shoulder would be the First contact,like majority of tackles,

In the legal Flying tackle,he would have hit North around the Waist if North wasnt going down. The fact he "hit high" was coincidence of movement and happens

all the time.

The Reckless part ,was Not getting his arms to  'deploy' to commit to attempt to complete the wrapping movement...

If you look you see,the initial attempt was there,but in defending his fall and deflection and Protection of his other arm,the attempt failed,it must be

regarded then from refs judgement,as reckless, plus once Body is committed and in partially  Leaving the ground,there is no way he can Stop himself,

The tackle attempt and First intent cant be criticised..!

That he hit high on the Body ( head) when both players were going to go low,is Not bad,its an expected but  unintentional outcome...

The Running and Diving with aggression is Simply Part of the game,and always is hard and often looks from the outside worse than it is...

Manu,and the tackle deserved yellow,and though conflicting must be considered  Reckless ,IMO not red,he was fed to the baying pack...!!!

That Scotland result pretty much guarantees England the Championship I would think, depending of course on when they play Italy.

Edit: Forgot that Ireland still haven't played Italy either but assuming England get a bonus point win against Italy they would need big wins against both Italy and France (away) themselves.

Edited by leicsmac

16 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Just cancel the tournament, void the result, expunge it from the records. No loss.

Life before sport really.

True on the last point but I dont think thats massively fair on the likes of France who are going for their first championship in 10 years

Reckon the resolution is to use the November international weekends. Italy and Ireland would use up two of their weekends whilst the rest would use up just one and we keep a Super Saturday.

I know thats not ideal but its probably the only realistic resolution really and its far enough away to plan.

16 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Just cancel the tournament, void the result, expunge it from the records. No loss.

Life before sport really.

Can't help but wonder if you'd still be saying that if Wales were currently top of the table and England in 5th :whistle:

• 7 months later...

Belated final day today, Wales v Scotland is closing contested thus far.

Should be England's title today really, cant see  France beating Ireland (or vice versa) by more than England will against Italy nor an Irish bonus point win in Paris.