Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

6N 2020

Just awful from Ireland. Literally just given England two free tries lol

I mean, this will yet again mask a lot of the problems of Eddie Jones. Its still not really creative from England, it's just kicking the ball and relying on the opposition making mistakes. 

But Ireland just obliging big time here. 

58 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sexton having a Cardiff 2019 already lol

He's gonna bottle this whole game for Ireland you can see it already. Very rarely does he recover when he's having a bad day, they'd do well to take him off already. 

For the sakes of the game as a spectacle I hope I'm wrong and he sorts himself out. But this looks like a classic Sexton bottle job. 

^

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Quite sure that David Coote would think none of these are handballs if it was a footy game...

If we could have one thread on foxestalk without people moaning on about VAR, could it not be the one about the sport where video refs actually work really well? 

Just now, Finnegan said:

If we could have one thread on foxestalk without people moaning on about VAR, could it not be the one about the sport where video refs actually work really well? 

Didn't mention VAR mate :ph34r:

I'll stop now. I'm enjoying this match anyway lol 

44 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Not a rugby fanatic so excuse me if this is a daft question but why is it that winning the grand slam seems to be the be all and end all, and winning the whole thing in any other way seems doesn't seem to be celebrated? Just an observation

Winning the tournament definitely is celebrated and is still a big deal but the Grand Slam is just so much more bragging rights and prestige. 

Not sure I can really compare it to anything in football. 

I guess maybe it's a bit like in cricket, you can retain the ashes by drawing the series if you're the current holders and that is celebrated like its a win but really its gonna feel so much better to win it outright. 

Maybe not the best comparison but eh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Not a rugby fanatic so excuse me if this is a daft question but why is it that winning the grand slam seems to be the be all and end all, and winning the whole thing in any other way seems doesn't seem to be celebrated? Just an observation

because literally everyone who likes and plays rugby is weird as fu ck 

On 23/02/2020 at 20:23, Finnegan said:

Winning the tournament definitely is celebrated and is still a big deal but the Grand Slam is just so much more bragging rights and prestige. 

I guess maybe it's a bit like in cricket, you can retain the ashes by drawing the series if you're the current holders and that is celebrated like its a win but really its gonna feel so much better to win it outright. 

comparison   Its like,getting a Bit of Slap and. tickle,believing one day, its going to go further,and you Feel you have at least bragging rights,amongst mates..

but when all those hurdles  are  behind you,and that special moment comes along,you couldnt Care about any bragging rights..!! 

On 23/02/2020 at 19:23, Finnegan said:

Nearest description I can think is winning a major trophy and having the semis/final against your local rivals. 

Looks like Ireland Italy will be called off. Bit extreme, surely playing the game behind closed doors would have sufficed?

Saying that, if Italy England is called off too, I was just award Ireland and England bonus point wins of the same scoreline France beat Italy by. Not going to happen and it would be harsh on Italy but still...

Might be bollocks but rumour mill back home is that the option to play Ireland v Italy match behind closed doors was on the table but the govt/IRFU decided against it due to loss of revenue for the game and economy as a whole and went for postponement instead.

If true though, the game should be awarded to Italy.

Stressing this is all rumours rather than fact.