Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Wilfed Ndidi: Leicester midfielder rising above N'Golo Kante comparisons

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Perhaps he refers to Sarri, who expanded Kante's game and rounded him as a player, and not Seri, the former Fulham player who has nothing to do with him

That would make sense.

I was thinking Kante must've had a real stinker against Fulham for it to have affected his career!

Edited by Toddybad
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

What do you mean by this?

Sorry, I meant Sarri 🤦🏻‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Perhaps he refers to Sarri, who expanded Kante's game and rounded him as a player, and not Seri, the former Fulham player who has nothing to do with him

I’m female and yes, spot on! 

• Like 1

Ndidi is a terrific holding midfielder, but Kante is - when at his best, which he was for an extended period - arguably the best player in the world.  I don't think it's any slight to Wilf to state that there's no way he's on par with Kante.

• Like 2

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Ndidi is a terrific holding midfielder, but Kante is - when at his best, which he was for an extended period - arguably the best player in the world.  I don't think it's any slight to Wilf to state that there's no way he's on par with Kante.

At his best, yes, but as I explained (horrendously poorly) in my previous post SARRI ruined him by messing about with where he plays and stifling him - im not sure he’s fully recovered from that yet. 

1 minute ago, Katy said:

At his best, yes, but as I explained (horrendously poorly) in my previous post SARRI ruined him by messing about with where he plays and stifling him - im not sure he’s fully recovered from that yet. 

But his being off form is not the same as saying Wilf is a better (or even equal) player.

And for the record, I'd still take Kante on his current form (which I agree isn't tip-top).  Kante at 80% is still better than Wilf and probably 97% of the midfielders in the world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

But his being off form is not the same as saying Wilf is a better (or even equal) player.

And for the record, I'd still take Kante on his current form (which I agree isn't tip-top).  Kante at 80% is still better than Wilf and probably 97% of the midfielders in the world.

No but Wilf is our player and Kante chose to leave so I’m going to stick up for him. If, hypothetically, Kante can’t regain the form he had with us then Wilf has the potential to overtake him, in my opinion, nobody has to agree. I loved Kante and still do and it makes me sad that he’s not the player he once was - as it stands.

• Thanks 1

Sarri's destruction job on Kante is as bad as the destruction job Houllier did on Heskey.

Sarri took the best defensive midfielder in the World and thought he could turn him into Micheal Essien. 

Heskey was a more polished Adam Traore with even more potential before Houllier got hold of him and turned him into a battering ram for Michael Owen. Emile could have been anything as well, such a shame.

A lesson in both of those for N'didi - leave him alone and let him develop.

What has totally changed this season is not only will he "take the ball of you", somebody has coached him in the last 12 months how to pass efficiently and effectively without giving the ball away, allied to his tackling and interceptions without generally getting booked that have got even cleverer and better.
He has really loved on since Brendan joined, maybe formation, maybe coaching, maybe him, not sure but massively more effective.

1 hour ago, Katy said:

Seri broke Kante. I actually think Wilf is better now. 

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

1 hour ago, Katy said:

Sorry, I meant Sarri 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m female and yes, spot on! 

lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Best comparison.....He s  been Happy to Stay and Play at Leicester....

Kante was the catalyst for a single Surprise title.

Ndidi might be the catalyst for a Never before seen Leicester successful Epoc......!!!

Edited by fuchsntf