Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pliskin

Hojbjerg

51 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If this did happen (which I very much doubt) then it would be enough to absolutely convince me that we would be working with a diamond formation going forward. 

Why. What about Hojbjerg makes you think he would fit into this formation so well? Admittedly I don't know much about him.

Been thinking about the diamond and how much Rodgers would like to get a hot Iheanacho on the field more. Ideas in my head because we need more goals. Always more goals! Thanks.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Why. What about Hojbjerg makes you think he would fit into this formation so well? Admittedly I don't know much about him.

Been thinking about the diamond and how much Rodgers would like to get a hot Iheanacho on the field more. Ideas in my head because we need more goals. Always more goals! Thanks.

It's my understanding of him that he is a box to box type player but it's more so the numbers of each position that leads me to think that. 

2 up top with Vardy, Nacho, Perez and possibly Barnes. 

No great depth or quality on the wings.

A whole bunch of players in the middle of the park. Ndidi,Mendy at the base of the diamond. Maddison, Barnes at the tip and Tielemans, Praet, Choudhury and Hojberg in the centre of it..... 

Just my thoughts though. 

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Getting dogs abuse for wanting good signings for the club instead of bad ones. Can't work this club and our fans out sometimes.

We all want good signings. Only one of us is going over the top and threatening to destroy there ST if they don't get them like some spoilt child that doesn't know how the world works. 

Edited by TommyK
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TommyK said:

We all want good signings. Only one of us is going over the top and threatening to destroy there ST if they don't get them like some spoilt child that doesn't know how the world works. 

Not getting good signings is one thing and getting bad ones is another.

Football is not a good template to use in explaining how the world works btw.

We're knee deep in CMs, most of which we would probably like to ditch - James. Silva, King and to a lesser extent Mendy. This surely more a move I would expect to happen once these/some of these had left. There is a lot of money in wages being spent on players who have literally no future at the club.

Just now, Suffolk exile said:

We're knee deep in CMs, most of which we would probably like to ditch - James. Silva, King and to a lesser extent Mendy. This surely more a move I would expect to happen once these/some of these had left. There is a lot of money in wages being spent on players who have literally no future at the club.

James. Silva, King I don;t think any of these will ever play for the club again. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

May join in, but could you just share your success/failure criteria first please?

On the basis you have been keeping a keen watch on the Transfer thread, and notwithstanding what one reads in the press and on the net is what? 90% Bull shit?, there does not seem to be very coming to fruition. So my comment is, Congers has, on the face of it, not done very much for what I assume is a refreshingly high salary? Having said that, I would personally prefer we sign no one just for the sake of it.   However, I am not filled with confidence he will deliver in the summer,  as scouting for Celtic is not quite the same as for a EPL team.   Plus at Sunderland, he was not exactly a success. 

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

On the basis you have been keeping a keen watch on the Transfer thread, and notwithstanding what one reads in the press and on the net is what? 90% Bull shit?, there does not seem to be very coming to fruition. So my comment is, Congers has, on the face of it, not done very much for what I assume is a refreshingly high salary? Having said that, I would personally prefer we sign no one just for the sake of it.   However, I am not filled with confidence he will deliver in the summer,  as scouting for Celtic is not quite the same as for a EPL team.   Plus at Sunderland, he was not exactly a success. 

Fair enough. I do not see or hear what he does, so I am ill placed to admonish or praise him. My confidence in Congerton will be decided purely on recruitment during his tenure, for which he must carry some blame/credit.

The signing of Ryan Bennett for example, was greeted by unsurprising level of scorn and disdain, but on the other hand, it is a canny signing, for little outlay, and filling a void. So its a sensible if unexciting end to the transfer window. 

(Now wait until we sign Danny Welbeck for £75m at 10:30)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Worst thing we could have is too many first team players, we just need a CB extra for cover.

Deal with gaps in the Summer.

He may be on the Magic List. Sometimes a player becomes available for all kinds of reasons and you have to hit fast and hard. It may be our only chance.

If we get him there's a reason for it. We might not know that reason until the summer and then its too late. Shopping to fill a hole everyone knows you have isn't fun.

Something about getting bent over.......not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

Competition in the squad is more important than bruised egos. Everyone needs to be fighting for their place.