Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

US Presidential Election 2020

Guest MattP
9 hours ago, Lionator said:

im sorry but he’s so funny, the guy is absolutely barking mad. The whole thread/conference is cataclysmically hilarious (in a terrifying way).

lol

They'll never be a funnier President in history - I rarely watch him without bursting out laughing at something he says.

Guest MattP

Hahaha lol

I've not watched this for ages, the gall of it is incredible - no situation isn't a chance to campaign.

10 hours ago, MattP said:

lol

They'll never be a funnier President in history - I rarely watch him without bursting out laughing at something he says.

He's incredibly quick witted, I'm not sure how anyone can question his cognitive ability. He's also a moron and if his position wasn't so serious I'd love him.

However he's still a crook. 

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Lionator said:

He's incredibly quick witted, I'm not sure how anyone can question his cognitive ability. He's also a moron and if his position wasn't so serious I'd love him.

However he's still a crook. 

The rallies are fascinating - seems to be done mostly off the cuff with a basic script. Very few people, let alone politicians can work a crowd for an hour like that.

He will absolutely destroy Biden in the debates. 

It is worth noting though, with the whole Mr Pillow thing is that if the cameras or reporters had actually bothered to pay attention or report it correctly, he announced they were changing the use of their factories to produce 10,000 surgical masks a day as a starting point. It wasn't just a jolly up for his business chums, as had been presented. 

2 hours ago, Darkon84 said:

It is worth noting though, with the whole Mr Pillow thing is that if the cameras or reporters had actually bothered to pay attention or report it correctly, he announced they were changing the use of their factories to produce 10,000 surgical masks a day as a starting point. It wasn't just a jolly up for his business chums, as had been presented. 

It's been reported in all the serious articles I've seen about the event.  The fact that he's helping to provide face masks doesn't make the zealotry any less inappropriate.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2020 at 15:58, MattP said:

Hahaha lol

I've not watched this for ages, the gall of it is incredible - no situation isn't a chance to campaign.

The guy is a cringeworthy embarrassment. Feel so sorry for our American cousins. Why on earth did they elect him?

Guest MattP
53 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

The guy is a cringeworthy embarrassment. Feel so sorry for our American cousins. Why on earth did they elect him?

Because the other option was more blind liberalism, distain for blue collar workers and establishment arrogance with Hilary Clinton - probably war with Russia fought out in Syria as well 

Personally think they made the right choice, I'd vote for Biden in December though, even though I'll miss the entertainment.

Personally think if money or food aren't flowing by the end of next week then my country is done. People need to eat.

If they don't things are going to burn. and who can blame them.

Dumb or Dumber for president really doesn't matter. For the first time in my life I'm fearful of what's coming. Feels like the calm before the storm.

If there's a solution its going to have to come from the citizenery.

Edited by SO1

43 minutes ago, MattP said:

Because the other option was more blind liberalism, distain for blue collar workers and establishment arrogance with Hilary Clinton - probably war with Russia fought out in Syria as well 

Personally think they made the right choice, I'd vote for Biden in December though, even though I'll miss the entertainment.

Even if by some miracle he loses, do you think he will do like most other presidents and stay silent? He will hound Biden and the dems on twitter.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Even if by some miracle he loses, do you think he will do like most other presidents and stay silent? He will hound Biden and the dems on twitter.

No chance.

Hilary Clinton plunged a depth I'd never seen before from a supposed serious politician when she used the coronavirus toll to attack the president earlier in the week.

Trump could be even worse than that - imagine him off the leash.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

No chance.

Hilary Clinton plunged a depth I'd never seen before from a supposed serious politician when she used the coronavirus toll to attack the president earlier in the week.

Trump could be even worse than that - imagine him off the leash.

Yup he will have a field day all day every day lol

Guest MattP
3 hours ago, MattP said:

Having said that, only if they remove people like this from their political party - sometimes you really have to wonder what the modern left is doing.

Never thought I'd see a Democrat representative quoting Koran verses that promote flogging women.

12 hours ago, MattP said:

Having said that, only if they remove people like this from their political party - sometimes you really have to wonder what the modern left is doing.

Never thought I'd see a Democrat representative quoting Koran verses that promote flogging women.

There's some serious, murky stuff behind her and the rest of 'The Squad', the justice Democrats, their funding and so on. They're basically the US version of Momentum, the 'Justice Democrats' but they've actually been effective in getting in to positions of authority.

Yes there will be bits that can be questioned here, but generally it's a good video (along with part 2) with some good investigation. 

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

This is some stellar propaganda lads, not as great as Trump yesterday claiming he 'inherited bad tests' from Obama for a virus that didn't exist until 3 years after he left office, but still pretty good, so apologies for raining on your parade when you're having so much fun but being on lock down allowed me the few seconds it takes to find the context behind that tweet:

So basically some randomer quoted scripture at her accusing her of being an adulterous slut and she's highlighted that person's hypocrisy by pointing out that the same book harshly forbids making baseless accusation of sluttiness.  It's no different to people quoting contradictory bible verses at Christians who pick and choose scripture to justify their prejudices.

Let me know when you find a new outlet for that thinly veiled Islamophobia lads.

Edit:  And btw Matt that line doesn't promote "flogging women", you may want to read it over again.

To be fair though, if I was openly (or secretly) hoping Trump gets re-elected either "for the lulz" or because the policy he encourages actually resonates with me I'd be looking for any opportunity at all to deflect from what's going on right now because pretty soon some extremely pointed questions are going to be asked about how lots of people are being measured for pine on his watch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

To be fair though, if I was openly (or secretly) hoping Trump gets re-elected either "for the lulz" or because the policy he encourages actually resonates with me I'd be looking for any opportunity at all to deflect from what's going on right now because pretty soon some extremely pointed questions are going to be asked about how lots of people are being measured for pine on his watch.

Sadly true.

To add to that here's another Trump quote:  "I’ve always known this is a real—this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."

He said that in one of his press interviews earlier this week.  Even for something this monumental in scope he's going to continue throwing out the same easily disprovable lies like he's always done and even for something this monumental in scope his fans will continue to turn a blind eye and hold it up as gospel then, like you say, turn their attention to trivial matters in the other party and try stirring up a shit storm.

I struggle to see how he avoids accountability once this is all over but he will, I think we've seen enough evidence of that already.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

This is some stellar propaganda lads, not as great as Trump yesterday claiming he 'inherited bad tests' from Obama for a virus that didn't exist until 3 years after he left office, but still pretty good, so apologies for raining on your parade when you're having so much fun but being on lock down allowed me the few seconds it takes to find the context behind that tweet:

So basically some randomer quoted scripture at her accusing her of being an adulterous slut and she's highlighted that person's hypocrisy by pointing out that the same book harshly forbids making baseless accusation of sluttiness.  It's no different to people quoting contradictory bible verses at Christians who pick and choose scripture to justify their prejudices.

Let me know when you find a new outlet for that thinly veiled Islamophobia lads.

Edit:  And btw Matt that line doesn't promote "flogging women", you may want to read it over again.

Thinly veiled Islamophobia? Now there's a pretty baseless accusation in itself. I said the Justice Democrats have some pretty odd and shady dealings in the way they were set up, their tactics to gain seats and their overall goal. Perhaps you could quote me on some of my apparent Islamophobia because it's a pretty shitty thing to say.

I'm not here for arguments, especially with how things are everywhere at the moment, I don't need it, no one does, so don't go creating it with shit like that.

Edit: I'm not going to delete anything out in this edit, but will admit I may have overreacted a little. I just take exception to being labelled something like that when it isn't true. Petty insults like that are neither clever, nor needed, in my eyes.

Edited by Darkon84

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Think that "if" near the start needed putting in bold, as I read the post and came to the conclusion you were a staunch Trumpite, which is of course perfectly reasonable...

16 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Thinly veiled Islamophobia? Now there's a pretty baseless accusation in itself. I said the Justice Democrats have some pretty odd and shady dealings in the way they were set up, their tactics to gain seats and their overall goal. Perhaps you could quote me on some of my apparent Islamophobia because it's a pretty shitty thing to say.

I'm not here for arguments, especially with how things are everywhere at the moment, I don't need it, no one does, so don't go creating it with shit like that.

Ar they not just playing the game the way the GOP likes to play it?

9 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Your comment didn't come across to me as saying there's nothing wrong with her tweeting a Koran verse but on an unrelated note here's some murky stuff about her.  It reads a lot more as though you think tweeting Koran quotes is intrinsically murky behaviour and here's some corroborating murkiness to further enforce her bad character.  Apologies if that's a misinterpretation.

Guest MattP

Islamophobia lol

Can't believe the pro-Islamist nonsense is still doing the rounds to be honest, even the BBC dares to properly debate the word, it's meanings and intentions now.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Your comment didn't come across to me as saying there's nothing wrong with her tweeting a Koran verse but on an unrelated note here's some murky stuff about her.  It reads a lot more as though you think tweeting Koran quotes is intrinsically murky behaviour and here's some corroborating murkiness to further enforce her bad character.  Apologies if that's a misinterpretation.

Apology accepted and sorry for my outburst too. I meant more in the way that not just her, but the Justice Democrats work on a whole, which is why I mentioned 'The Squad'.  No dramas 

Edited by Darkon84

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Ar they not just playing the game the way the GOP likes to play it?

American politics is undoubtedly dirtier than the way we do it here, and technically they aren't doing anything wrong I guess, but something just doesn't sit well with me about it. Perhaps if I looked more in to the way Repubs find and promote their candidates I might find similar, but off the top of my head, I'm unsure they do. Might have to go and do some more digging I guess.