Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

US Presidential Election 2020

19 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

To be honest, when I read your response I originally thought you were saying Jeremy would have handled it better, had to read it twice :)

(And that idea made me smile, maybe @MattP was the same, or maybe he just does not like Obama :dunno: )

Well, he has just clarified matters, which is good.

My own thoughts ran that way because the things Trump has done have been played for laughs on here quite often...and sometimes stuff where the humour is very, very subjective.

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

I was laughing in response to thinking Corbyn and his team would better, not Obama. Jeremy has refused to even isolate against the official guidelines and spent the last PMQ's before he left questioning the PM on train capacity whilst all this was going on lol

I agree Obama would have handled this with far more clarity, care and consideration than Trump.

As I said in the other thread, if you want a low tax, state subsidised, job creating economy Donald is your man, for a pandemic or emergency I wouldn't want him near the role.

Thanks for the clarification.

The US is still getting hit hard by all this and they likely will for some time but the pessimist in me thinks not enough people over there will end up thinking the way we both seem to do in that last paragraph...even if the total toll of death and suffering is much higher than it is now (or voter suppression will play a still more critical part, that's a horrible possibility). I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by leicsmac

11 hours ago, MattP said:

I think he will - too much cash in the game not to have another go. 

AOC would be absolutely hilarious though, I'll drop a few quid in myself for that to happen. 

He'll be 82, 90 before he gets out of the White House if he wins the election... I can't see it.

Guest MattP
8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He'll be 82, 90 before he gets out of the White House if he wins the election... I can't see it.

I bet you he has one more go, won't win but will still raise a lot of cash.

This old video of Biden doing the rounds, he really was a top public orator at one point. Makes you realise how old he has gotten.

Edited by MattP

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

lol

IMG_20200418_122752.jpg

Laugh it up, that man is very likely to be President next year.   The sheer horror of the alternative no longer has that comforting lack of tangibility that allowed people to believe Trump couldn't possibly be worse than having Hillary in charge.  All those who believed Trump would change once he won the election and he wouldn't really try to play the populist dictator games we could clearly see coming from just a cursory look at what went on at his rallies are all now staring reality squarely in the face.  The man's calling for civil war on twitter, he's done, and the best alternative the DMC can stomach offering their investors is yet another rapey old man who's clearly in mental decline... which I'm just now realising was actually a genius move to make it easier for Trumpgretters to stomach voting Dem.  Fair play.

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Laugh it up, that man is very likely to be President next year.   The sheer horror of the alternative no longer has that comforting lack of tangibility that allowed people to believe Trump couldn't possibly be worse than having Hillary in charge.  All those who believed Trump would change once he won the election and he wouldn't really try to play the populist dictator games we could clearly see coming from just a cursory look at what went on at his rallies are all now staring reality squarely in the face.  The man's calling for civil war on twitter, he's done, and the best alternative the DMC can stomach offering their investors is yet another rapey old man who's clearly in mental decline... which I'm just now realising was actually a genius move to make it easier for Trumpgretters to stomach voting Dem.  Fair play.

It's going to be extremely close, Republicans have gone back into favourites but its still within a point or two difference, it should be within 20 electoral college votes either way and I think Pennsylvania will probably decide who takes it 

Still a 50/50 shot. I do wish I hadn't got so financially involved though given I'm not earning now. 

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's going to be extremely close, Republicans have gone back into favourites but its still within a point or two difference, it should be within 20 electoral college votes either way and I think Pennsylvania will probably decide who takes it 

Still a 50/50 shot. I do wish I hadn't got so financially involved though given I'm not earning now. 

Dare I ask your position?

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Dare I ask your position?

Four figure profit if Biden wins, not the end of World if he doesn't but I've already had to cut out a few luxuries due to the pandemic.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Four figure profit if Biden wins, not the end of World if he doesn't but I've already had to cut out a few luxuries due to the pandemic.

For the sake of hopefully saner politics I hope that comes in.

• Like 2

Guest MattP
12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

For the sake of hopefully saner politics I hope that comes in.

Ideally I'd like the Democrats to come in before the election so I can reduce my liabilities - but that might on decent debate performances from Biden, which is optimistic.

I wont bash all americans (try not to but may lol) as it's not their fault but how can so many republicans back a morally corrupt w@nker like Trump is beyond me.  I know politicians are another breed but my goodness! Much more respected people you could choose from and yet here we still are and will be for another 4 years.

Not like touchy kissy Biden or the others are much better...but FFS the guy is unhinged and a complete bell.  So many moronic politicians out there these days on both sides.

Wake up America, you're the land of jokes on both sides. 

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I wont bash all americans (try not to but may lol) as it's not their fault but how can so many republicans back a morally corrupt w@nker like Trump is beyond me.  I know politicians are another breed but my goodness! Much more respected people you could choose from and yet here we still are and will be for another 4 years.

Not like touchy kissy Biden or the others are much better...but FFS the guy is unhinged and a complete bell.  So many moronic politicians out there these days on both sides.

Wake up America, you're the land of jokes on both sides

lol 

• Haha 1

Guest MattP
6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The debates are going to be truly hilarious, that is for sure. 

Genuinely can't wait lol