Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

US Presidential Election 2020

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Poor Bernie :(

It's hard to have any sympathy. 

Remember when the establishment closed on Trump? He went on the attack and won even more votes. Where was Sanders the last few days? Asleep?

How he's managed to lose Minnesota is beyond belief (bookies had him 1/50) - we were told he was the man was the key for the white working class coming out lol He might even have lost Maine as well.

Democrats have got lucky as anything though - just imagine what would have happened to him in November. Trump would have absolutely destroyed him. Probably even taken places like Massachusetts. 

Guest MattP

Important to say Biden isn't a perfect candidate though.

He's not a great public speaker, he's clearly going senile and he's the worst debater that they have. He will bring out the black vote and should win Florida though.

lol

Guest MattP

Can anyone name a bigger waste of cash than this in human history??

500million to look like a complete loser, be humiliated, called names by the current president and for almost everyone in the World who takes an interest in politics to now know you are borderline midget.

He had the PERFECT run as well. Someone needed to beat Bernie and Biden looked finished, he still managed to completely fcuk it up in the space of about two hours on TV.

If he had dropped out before yesterday it's even possible Bernie would have lost ultra liberal California.

Edited by MattP

Gotta be honest, Biden and Bernie don't have what it takes to beat Trump. No charisma,  no swagger. Boringgggggg.  Its disappointing but i think Trump is going to destroy them both. 

The only way Trump loses  is if swing votes and those republicans who despise his behavior defect. Dont see that happening. Guess i wont be going to America for another 4 years lol.

Biden has to be considered as neck and neck with Sanders now, but if Sanders does manage to hold on will Coronavirus play a big role in the election?

You have to think, with the main concern of Sanders’ campaign, that this could really expose the glaring faults in not just healthcare but American society in general.

Are the working class, the folks living pay check to pay check, going to self-isolate? The situation isn’t ideal here with SSP, but would Americans who NEED to work to just survive really stop working? I’d imagine they won’t and they’ll be the workers using public transport, in busy and crowded workspaces, the ones almost likely to catch and transmit the virus. 

A more direct question to any American FoxesTalk users (DetroitBlue perhaps?); will Coronavirus be covered even if you have medical insurance? Or as it’s a new outbreak is it not covered on policies? If not that could spell disaster for the American middle class.

Even if it is covered, vast swathes of uninsured Americans are going to be economically devastated by the cost. By the time the elections come we could be looking at a totally different America in terms of attitude to healthcare. You already have Trump Supporters like Rush Limbaugh who’ve called the entire thing an ‘Anti-Trump hoax’ (presumably thinking it wouldn’t spread as badly as it has). Which you can imagine will be picked up by whoever the Democratic candidate is picked, but you have to think if Bernie does claw back, the whole scenario could morbidly assist his campaign.

Edited by Finnaldo

Guest MattP
10 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Another interesting thing from Super Tuesday is that it showed once again just how stark the generational gap is in terms of ideology.

Huge. Exactly the same as over here. 

Race another thing as well. How is Bernie so unpopular among black people? 

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Biden has to be considered as neck and neck with Sanders now, but if Sanders does manage to hold on will Coronavirus play a big role in the election?

You have to think, with the main concern of Sanders’ campaign, that this could really expose the glaring faults in not just healthcare but American society in general.

Are the working class, the folks living pay check to pay check, going to self-isolate? 

It's not really neck and neck now. Biden can't really lose from here. If he does something has gone seriously wrong.

Even I was surprised just how unpopular Sanders was in the Democrat heartlands - could you imagine how badly he would lose to Trump if he can't even beat Biden in Minnesota?

The last point is a good one but I just don't think it's one that will decide an election. 

13 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

@MattP laughs at people being forced into crippling debt for contracting cancer now.  Stay classy buddy.

Oh grow up. I'm laughing at the meme. The absurdity of Bernie being the moral holy grail. Reminds me of the sort of stuff the Corbyn lot shared over and over. Laughing at people getting cancer? No. You don't think I know people who have suffered with that?

You are turning into such a ponce these days it's ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

Huge. Exactly the same as over here. 

Race another thing as well. How is Bernie so unpopular among black people? 

It's more along age lines than race IMO, Bernie did pretty well with both younger black people and Latinos.

Also, calling the idea of Bernie being some kind of moral Holy Grail absurd is fair enough but what he says about the US healthcare "system" there is spot on and I think you know it.

17 minutes ago, MattP said:

Oh grow up. I'm laughing at the meme. The absurdity of Bernie being the moral holy grail. Reminds me of the sort of stuff the Corbyn lot shared over and over. Laughing at people getting cancer? No. You don't think I know people who have suffered with that?

You are turning into such a ponce these days it's ridiculous. 

lol Fvck me I've not heard anyone say that since I was about 12.  Gonna choose not to descend to your level and return with equally childish insults.

And when it's Bernie vs Biden the gap in moral attitudes is huge.  Biden's basically a hard line conservative with a worrying tendency to get too familiar with very young girls..  Anti gay marriage, anti single-payer healthcare reform, anti anything that remotely addresses the embarrassing inequality in his country, at the beck and call of big industry lobbyists.  Yeah it's safe to say Bernie comes out looking like Mother Theresa compared to that guy.

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

1) It's not really neck and neck now. Biden can't really lose from here. If he does something has gone seriously wrong.

Even I was surprised just how unpopular Sanders was in the Democrat heartlands - could you imagine how badly he would lose to Trump if he can't even beat Biden in Minnesota?

2) The last point is a good one but I just don't think it's one that will decide an election. 

1) I can definitely understand why Biden can be considered front runner, but he was supposed to be a non-issue a week ago. I’m not going to write off either a response from Bernie supporters or further rejection from moderates tipping it in either direction.

2) Perhaps, my entire point was hypothetical and highly circumstantial. We won’t know until Election Day quite how large an issue it is but I do think it will have a big impact on the election if it hits pandemic levels.

Guest MattP
3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

lol Fvck me I've not heard anyone say that since I was about 12.  Gonna choose not to descend to your level and return with equally childish insults.

And when it's Bernie vs Biden the gap in moral attitudes is huge.  Biden's basically a hard line conservative with a worrying tendency to get too familiar with very young girls..  Anti gay marriage, anti single-payer healthcare reform, anti anything that remotely addresses the embarrassing inequality in his country, at the beck and call of big industry lobbyists.  Yeah it's safe to say Bernie comes out looking like Mother Theresa compared to that guy.

lol

You've gone completely nuts haven't you? Biden is now a Conservative? lol

Do you ever get tired of being wrong? I'd get sick of it if I were you. Brexit, Corbyn, Lib Dems, Clinton, the EU, People's vote. Any chance you can back us to finish 7th?

Is there anything Bernie can't do? Quite a lot by the looks of it lol How do you manage to pick the wrong side on everything? Quite a talent.

3 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

1) I can definitely understand why Biden can be considered front runner, but he was supposed to be a non-issue a week ago. I’m not going to write off either a response from Bernie supporters or further rejection from moderates tipping it in either direction.

2) Perhaps, my entire point was hypothetical and highly circumstantial. We won’t know until Election Day quite how large an issue it is but I do think it will have a big impact on the election if it hits pandemic levels.

How do you see Bernie getting near Biden in terms of delegates to see him close now? Why would you even want him to win?

Might be proven wrong on the last bit but again, be amazed if that was an issue during the election. 

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

It's more along age lines than race IMO, Bernie did pretty well with both younger black people and Latinos.

Also, calling the idea of Bernie being some kind of moral Holy Grail absurd is fair enough but what he says about the US healthcare "system" there is spot on and I think you know it.

It's both. No idea why you would push one but not the other?

For the record very little Bernie says is "spot on" - as I've said before. Student Union politics, shouting let's do everything without costing anything. All a bit pathetic to be honest.

Guest MattP

Just to ask here, do any of you still genuinely want Bernie to win?

Even after last night where the bloke managed to lose the most solid states he was supposed to have? I mean why would you? Why would you be so deluded into thinking he can beat Trump? It's crazy.

Biden isn't perfect, but he's the only hope of removing Trump.

6 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Are the working class, the folks living pay check to pay check, going to self-isolate? The situation isn’t ideal here with SSP, but would Americans who NEED to work to just survive really stop working? I’d imagine they won’t and they’ll be the workers using public transport, in busy and crowded workspaces, the ones almost likely to catch and transmit the virus. 

A more direct question to any American FoxesTalk users (DetroitBlue perhaps?); will Coronavirus be covered even if you have medical insurance? Or as it’s a new outbreak is it not covered on policies? If not that could spell disaster for the American middle class.

Even if it is covered, vast swathes of uninsured Americans are going to be economically devastated by the cost. By the time the elections come we could be looking at a totally different America in terms of attitude to healthcare. You already have Trump Supporters like Rush Limbaugh who’ve called the entire thing an ‘Anti-Trump hoax’ (presumably thinking it wouldn’t spread as badly as it has). Which you can imagine will be picked up by whoever the Democratic candidate is picked, but you have to think if Bernie does claw back, the whole scenario could morbidly assist his campaign.

Well all three potential candidates are in the high risk category so you never know.

Seriously though what a terrible state it is when one of the power houses of the world can only come up with a choice between a group of awful aged relics. At least Bernie has some empathy towards the less well off in society and those who actually need the state to help them from time to time. Biden and Trump are simply two awful speciments of human being with no saving graces whatsoever. 5 more years of Trump would be a disaster for the world but that looks like the most likely outcome.

17 minutes ago, MattP said:

Just to ask here, do any of you still genuinely want Bernie to win?

Even after last night where the bloke managed to lose the most solid states he was supposed to have? I mean why would you? Why would you be so deluded into thinking he can beat Trump? It's crazy.

Biden isn't perfect, but he's the only hope of removing Trump.

A year ago, if you asked the Average Joe on the street on their opinion Boris the most common answer you’d get is that he was a blithering idiot who’s good for some light entertainment. He won a massive majority most wouldn’t have thought possible.

Democrats will vote Democrat. Just like Conservatives who disliked Boris voted Conservative and Republicans who disliked Trump voted Republican. Ironically the only group that would boycott is Bernie supporters, so it’s weaken Biden even more so.

Surely the biggest target group is the disaffected voters, the voters that voted against the establishment for Trump. Biden is as establishment as possible. Carl is going overboard but his voting record shows him to be the most numbingly Centrist candidate you could put forward and that’s what destroyed Hillary. On top of that he seems like he’s on the verge on going senile as well. He can barely speak full sentences on stage ffs. 

Trump was almost totally reviled by Republicans when he won the Primaries in 2016. Yet they still voted for him, and on top of that he won the disaffected votes which is exactly was Bernie’s platform is geared towards. I think it’s more delusional to think even the most moderate of Democrats come election time would be worried whether Bernie is slightly too left wing for them when 4 more years of Trump is staring them down the barrel.

Bernie’s biggest challenge, by far, is persuading the older black vote. 

7 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I don’t really know much about the Ukraine business and alleged misdeeds of Biden’s son, but isn't there something in it that Trump will use against him during the election campaign?

His son was caught up in the affair basically getting a high paying job through dad’s contacts, he’s basically senile at this point and he’s been caught being EXTREMELY creepy on camera before the Primaries kicked off. He’d be absolutely ripped to shreds and his policy offers everything Trump voters voted against.

The guy would be decimated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

His son was caught up in the affair basically getting a high paying job through dad’s contacts, he’s basically senile at this point and he’s been caught being EXTREMELY creepy on camera before the Primaries kicked off. He’d be absolutely ripped to shreds and his policy offers everything Trump voters voted against.

That’s pretty much what it looked like from my uninformed viewpoint. If the Democrat’s can’t produce someone more inspiring than this we’re pretty much doomed to another 4 years of Trump.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

But compared to sanders, at least he looks like he’ll make it to Xmas ......