Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

US Presidential Election 2020

On 19/04/2020 at 00:46, Jattdogg said:

I wont bash all americans (try not to but may lol) as it's not their fault but how can so many republicans back a morally corrupt w@nker like Trump is beyond me.  I know politicians are another breed but my goodness! Much more respected people you could choose from and yet here we still are and will be for another 4 years.

If it makes you feel any better, for a lot of them it isn't about liking Trump (although they might tell themselves that). It's about him literally being the first person in decades to acknowledge their existence. The rural poor Republicans have been completely disenfranchised, and as their jobs have moved away to China, and the opioid crisis washed over them, literally nobody acknowledged them except Trump.

Now, all he's done for them is acknowledge them and ratify their anger, but it's more than anyone else in recent times so for them it's enough. 

And of course there's a lot of racist idiots as well. And overlap between the two groups too. And plenty of moderately wealthy to stinking rich people who just don't want a Democrat in the House again.

3 minutes ago, I am Rod Hull said:

Need more evidence pal. Been where by the way? 

You've already implied that you don't think lack of a college education suggests lower intelligence. What evidence would you need?

My thoughts on Trump im sure arew either well know or easily guessed, however im surprised that noone seems to be asking why the UK has failed so dismally in its handling of Covid19... DOUBLE the number of deaths per million compared to Trump... and people are bleating about HIS handling?

Imagine your ancestors fighting and dying for more representation and you’re stuck in a two party system that has put up a billionaire inheritor who can’t bear to have his ego checked in any manner against a soon-to-be dementia patient who’s such an establishment politician he eulogised Strom Thurmond.

It sounds like a dystopian hellscape. At least here, in my constituency, I have three parties that my vote could realistically matter to, and some constituencies even have four. That’s without the fact elements of one party there wanting to send the country back to the 19th century.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

My thoughts on Trump im sure arew either well know or easily guessed, however im surprised that noone seems to be asking why the UK has failed so dismally in its handling of Covid19... DOUBLE the number of deaths per million compared to Trump... and people are bleating about HIS handling?

Have you not been reading the coronavirus thread?  Lots of people are alarmed by our government's incompetence. 

I will say though that there is one big difference in that our leaders aren't trying to pretend it's not happening, nor are they using vital supplies as political leverage or encouraging civil unrest on social media.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Imagine your ancestors fighting and dying for more representation and you’re stuck in a two party system that has put up a billionaire inheritor who can’t bear to have his ego checked in any manner against a soon-to-be dementia patient who’s such an establishment politician he eulogised Strom Thurmond.

It sounds like a dystopian hellscape. At least here, in my constituency, I have three parties that my vote could realistically matter to, and some constituencies even have four. That’s without the fact elements of one party there wanting to send the country back to the 19th century.

In fairness, the UK still has the First Past the Post system that essentially restricts it to a two party system even if there is more choice than the US. Lots of constituencies have just the one party your vote could realistically win.

56 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

I think this can just speak for itself tbh 

By George! I think he might be on to something.