Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

US Presidential Election 2020

Guest MattP
28 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

American politics is undoubtedly dirtier than the way we do it here, and technically they aren't doing anything wrong I guess, but something just doesn't sit well with me about it. Perhaps if I looked more in to the way Repubs find and promote their candidates I might find similar, but off the top of my head, I'm unsure they do. Might have to go and do some more digging I guess.

The problem with the Republicans is they just aren't very good at it.

They did everything the could to stop Trump and ended it increasing his support base - whereas the Democrats have been tactically ruthless in seeing off Sanders twice. Problem is they pick a candidate just as bad to replace him.

48 minutes ago, MattP said:

Islamophobia lol

Can't believe the pro-Islamist nonsense is still doing the rounds to be honest, even the BBC dares to properly debate the word, it's meanings and intentions now.

Rather than going for the low-hanging fruit wrt that part of Carl's comment, perhaps it might be a decent idea to actually address the more important part where the original Tweet was taken pretty much entirely out of context and was proven to be so?

As earlier, all of this makes for a nice distraction from both the case and body count for Covid-19 rising like Trump's toupee in a breeze on his watch though.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Islamophobia lol

Can't believe the pro-Islamist nonsense is still doing the rounds to be honest, even the BBC dares to properly debate the word, it's meanings and intentions now.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Rather than going for the low-hanging fruit wrt that part of Carl's comment, perhaps it might be a decent idea to actually address the more important part where the original Tweet was taken pretty much entirely out of context and was proven to be so?

As earlier, all of this makes for a nice distraction from both the case and body count for Covid-19 rising like Trump's toupee in a breeze on his watch though.

I appreciate the concern but it's ok. 

The fact that pointing out the context of a benign tweet (calling someone out on their hateful use of scripture to back up their prejudices) then calling out the Islamophobia for what it is (taking the tweet out of context and misinterpreting it to portray her in the alt-right trope of a violent Muslim) has led to a declaration of concern for that word's strict dictionary definition before unironically declaring me a "pro-Islamist" says it all.  I'm losing no sleep.

Wow he's even going after Fox reporters now.  I'd say he's lost it but, ya know.

Also I hate and love in equal measure that the following will now forever be an accurate quote:

"You shouldn't be repeating a story that you know is false."

Donald Trump, 2020

Bloke's a living meme.

9 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Our president is an absolute ghoul.

Something special all right.

How is it going over there?

Hope you are all well. (I ask as some guys I work with a fair bit, customers not colleagues, work at Duke, making as assumption you know who they are :) )

Guest MattP

Something extremely amusing about Sanders being the 4th favourite for the Dem nomination despite being the only current opponent to Biden in the race lol

Hillary Clinton and Nipples Cuomo are both a shorter price than his.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Something extremely amusing about Sanders being the 4th favourite for the Dem nomination despite being the only current opponent to Biden in the race lol

Hillary Clinton and Nipples Cuomo are both a shorter price than his.

I don’t understand why people keep suggesting Cuomo could run, surely it’s too late? 

I do think this will shape possibly the next 10-15 years of American politics though. It’ll perhaps win Trump the election as people will want continuity in the aftermath of a pandemic/economic strife and that would leave it perfectly set up for Cuomo to win as the Dem candidate in 2024 given his credentials he’s shown during the crisis. 

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I don’t understand why people keep suggesting Cuomo could run, surely it’s too late? 

I do think this will shape possibly the next 10-15 years of American politics though. It’ll perhaps win Trump the election as people will want continuity in the aftermath of a pandemic/economic strife and that would leave it perfectly set up for Cuomo to win as the Dem candidate in 2024 given his credentials he’s shown during the crisis. 

If for any reason Biden dropped out his delegates (looks like he is heading for a majority of them) will then be picking the candidate - logistically you have no time to re-run primaries. Given the choice of the other three he is probably the best bet.

18 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

While we're on it, I've not seen it posted here but there's a great video out there highlighting Donald's priorities:

Mexican violence?  :D

Uh, domestic violence...

Oh  ):

Seattle isn't even close to the Mexican border, it's in Washington where he is for pete's sake! 

(Did try to check to see if Seattle had a significant Mexican or Hispanic demographic, but figures varied so much from source to source it was hard to make a firm conclusion. 6.4% Mexican (9,0% Hispanic) according to the 2010 census data (allegedly). 

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Not sure if anybody’s watching tonight’s press conference but old Donnie has completely lost it, playing clips of the media praising him North Korean style and constantly sparring with the media in the conference. 

Perhaps he's starting to worry a bit about how this might be damaging in November?

On 03/04/2020 at 00:25, MattP said:

The problem with the Republicans is they just aren't very good at it.

They did everything the could to stop Trump and ended it increasing his support base - whereas the Democrats have been tactically ruthless in seeing off Sanders twice. Problem is they pick a candidate just as bad to replace him.

Republicans are very good at what they do, namely gerrymandering and disenfranchising voters. Trump is a very useful idiot for them, they can claim he's an outsider all they want but they've all supported his policies aside from a couple lone freaks like Mitt Romney. 

On 08/04/2020 at 23:48, Lionator said:

What credentials has he shown during the crisis exactly? He cut medicare in the middle of a pandemic lol, not to mention the cruelty of how he's dealing with prisoners, and how he's jailing general citizens for not abiding by social distancing... And then forcing them into cramped spaces together. His nurses are using plastic bags as makeshift tools. He's looking good because the media have airbrushed his image.

I can't believe you guys still care about what Trump is saying to be honest. He could say he's joining ISIS and it wouldn't matter. Nothing he says matters, his voting base will not care. They've been disenfranchised by the coastal elite long enough that all they care about is how angry people get about him. For them it's like a sort of payback, they're too dumb to understand he's hurting them as much or more than the people who are crying the liberal tears they gloat so much about.

Amazingly, the Democrats have decided that, instead of trying to fix their image of corrupt kleptocracy (yes, I know the Republicans are worse, but different rules apply for them), they doubled down on it by keeping the faltering campaign of Joe Biden artificially alive. Joe Biden, who has literally no redeeming qualities as a candidate (or as a person, I'd argue), is the perfect guy for Trump to run against. All he has to say at the debate stage is "Goodnight, Sleepy Joe" and he wins 50 states. The Democrats have essentially shot themselves in the foot, and all for the purpose of stopping Sanders. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Perhaps he's starting to worry a bit about how this might be damaging in November?

To be honest, as long as the crisis ends before November, it will benefit him. He will spin it in his favour - in fact, he already is, and it's working, approval rating is increasing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest, as long as the crisis ends before November, it will benefit him. He will spin it in his favour - in fact, he already is, and it's working, approval rating is increasing.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?cid=rrpromo

Not quite. He got a small bump, but recent times shows that is receding.