Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

the premier league wont start any action (if at all)  until after CAS have adjudicated ….. it simply cant happen this season unless there isn't any appeal ……..

Again, CAS are fast tracking the appeal so that the decision can be made before next years european places are decided.

18 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Am slightly concerned by the slump in form but not to the point of questioning Rodgers, etc -

The slump that I am worried about is Youri's. He's really gone off of the boil and seems to be half the player he was a year ago at this juncture.

.. Don’t you mean twice!!! 

Edited by sacreblueits442

36 minutes ago, MPH said:

Again, CAS are fast tracking the appeal so that the decision can be made before next years european places are decided.

Not quite true .... Man City will state their intention to appeal. They then have a period of time to get that appeal in.  even if UEFA can confirm the sanction before the end of the season ( would be v surprised), the premier league have no chance of bringing anything forward and adjudicating on it and hearing the inevitable appeal before the season ends. There will be no points deduction this season. and the premier league is run by its member clubs - I can’t see much appetite from the other owners to go after the sheikh .....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, old koppite said:

Did anyone else think as they were dozing  off as Wolves had 11 players in their own half for most of the game, wouldn’t it be surreal if we’d all suddenly trotted back to   10 yards inside our half, leaving the ball in the centre circle?  

Might have raised a chuckle on BT sport ( although Steve M wouldn’t get the joke) and motd. 

We had almost twice as many shots on goal as you and should have won but for some profligate finishing from Jimenez.

We hardly sit back and park the bus. Anyone that thinks that seriously doesn't understand how we play and  I'd suggest giving this a read:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/match-analysis/premier-league-201920-leicester-vs-wolves-tactical-analysis-tactics

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We had almost twice as many shots on goal as you and should have won but for some profligate finishing from Jimenez.

We hardly sit back and park the bus. Anyone that thinks that seriously doesn't understand how we play and  I'd suggest giving this a read:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/match-analysis/premier-league-201920-leicester-vs-wolves-tactical-analysis-tactics

I respect the way you play. You play to your strengths and that's fair enough. However sitting with 11 behind the ball when we had 10 men if I was a Wolves fan I wouldn't have been impressed. You simply were scared to lose even with us having 10. Drawing 12 games already isn't really good enough and maybe if you were a little braver you would be sitting where we are. 

Nuno has always been safety and defence first. That doesn't equate to not wanting to win the game or being scared to lose. We upped our attempts to win the game after you went down to ten men (as the article mentions), but we always, always, always start off in our defensive shape when we begin attacks. That's just the way Nuno has his teams drilled. We don't regularly press high in the opponent's half but we do transition and break quickly in the times we do win the ball further up the pitch than our 3rd. 

Edited by The Bear

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Not quite true .... Man City will state their intention to appeal. They then have a period of time to get that appeal in.  even if UEFA can confirm the sanction before the end of the season ( would be v surprised), the premier league have no chance of bringing anything forward and adjudicating on it and hearing the inevitable appeal before the season ends. There will be no points deduction this season. and the premier league is run by its member clubs - I can’t see much appetite from the other owners to go after the sheikh .....

the referral to cas IS the appeal.

so you don’t ont think they’ll want him to be punished for cheating his way past them to the title? 

of course they will. 

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

So why was the Wolves player offside? I never saw the game but watched the highlights properly this morning. I don't understand where the offside was.

So at the age of 30 I've just found out that the direction of the ball does not matter! haha

Edited by filbertway

14 hours ago, MPH said:

the referral to cas IS the appeal.

so you don’t ont think they’ll want him to be punished for cheating his way past them to the title? 

of course they will. 

Mostly I don’t - the odd club might but in general they won’t 

no comment on the other stuff timing - I’m not a sports lawyer and neither are you !!

Edited by st albans fox

16 hours ago, The Bear said:

Thanks. I respect your views, but you can’t be happy watching our game. My impression from last season was that you were an exciting, skilful team- I’m  sure you had some cracking games last season. Tbh, think you showed us too much respect in both games this season. 

Anyway,  I like your current team - it’s just my view of the game was you spent far too much of the game in your own half for a home team pushing a rival for a top finish.