Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This VAR debate and Wolves being hard done by is bollooks. That shove on Madders would have been given by some Refs ?  Every Team (except Livarpool) have been done over this season. It is how it is.

Chilwell got blocked off by a player making no attempt to play ball and the same with Maddison... the only time refs give free kicks like that when it’s not in a dangerous area which is a loads of bollocks... Maddison skins the guy and gets bundled over and BT guys don’t bat an eyelid... don’t know why but I’ve noticed commentary seems to want to other teams to do better than us, the Villa semi final and last night especially 

31 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Since December we have gone to west ham and won. Gone to west ham and won. Beat west ham at home. Drew with Chelsea and Wolves. Still keep a 10 point gap over 5th. What's to say we won't go on a run? If you can't get excited about this next batch of games I don't think football is for you. 

Bloody impressive that we've beaten West Ham THREE times in this period.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

A very good point and solid in 3rd place.

Sadly for some of our deluded and unrealistic fans this is not good enough😞

What next Rodgers out?

I truly find sections of our fanbase incredulous.

It's not what people are getting at though is it. Of course when people take a step back and look at it, they'll be over the moon. But what people are also saying is with recent results and performances, they're worried teams can catch us, it's fair reasoning.

Losing champions league positioning from this point, with the high stock on most of our players, could be devastating. Europe will be our best hand to play in keeping the likes of Maddison, Ricardo, Chilwell, perhaps even Soyuncu and Ndidi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This VAR debate and Wolves being hard done by is bollooks. That shove on Madders would have been given by some Refs ?  Every Team (except Livarpool) have been done over this season. It is how it is.

think they had one bs Southampton aswell
Every team has had multiple marginal offside decisions go against them this season. Nobody has been “done over” VAR has made the right decision which is to give an offside. Not sure what the commotion about the RIGHT decision being made is.

Having just seen that match on replay - woof.  People will try and blame Choudhury's (deserved) sending off, but we were pretty grisly before that.  Empty possession out the ying-yang, not much energy, relying on VR, heroic defending from Evans, and tireless effort from Ricardo so as not to be played off the pitch by a mid-table side.

The table looks great.  But the last several weeks on the pitch have been ugly, and the rest seems not to have helped.  My worry is that Rodgers seems to have no answers - the league has figured us out and he just keeps trying the same thing over and over.  Hopefully especially with the Man. City news we have enough cushion to back into a CL spot, but there's very little encouragement to be taken from our play at this stage.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

A good point away from home considering we didn't play well and with Hamzas sending off. Wolves fans will feel rightly aggrieved at their dissaloed goal but that is what VAR was brought in for to see the miniscule decisions.

thank.jpg

OIPP9KOV6HH.jpg

... isn't it the mantra that VAR needs to be clear and obvious!! 

What is clear and obvious about someone's boot being a couple of centimetres ahead of the play. 

I would just like to know, is it that it needs to be clear and obvious for some situations and not for others? 

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... isn't it the mantra that VAR needs to be clear and obvious!! 

What is clear and obvious about someone's boot being a couple of centimetres ahead of the play. 

I would just like to know, is it that it needs to be clear and obvious for some situations and not for others? 

No. Offside is binary - it is offside, or it’s not. 

You know that little notebook that Brendan scribbles in during games? Well I hope it contains the following:

Things to work on in training before Man City:

- Perez and Barnes controlling the ball with their back to goal and in contact.

- Schmeichel’s distribution and aerial presence at set pieces.

- Chilwell’s...er... where do I start?

- Vardy’s hold up play and movement

- Tielemans’ weight

- Maddison’s attitude

- Choudhury’s rashness

- Marking at corners

- Passing accurately when under pressure

- Passing accurately when not under pressure

- Shooting at goal

- Getting Wilf fit

- Tying Ricardo to a new contract

- Making Evans captain

Or then again, maybe he’s like some of the complacent fans on here and thinks “hold on a minute, we’re third in the table and we should be happy with that - let’s not get all ‘entitled’ - we’re only Leicester City after all, so...

scrap all the above.”

• Like 1

Poor performance, good point, thought hamza first yellow harsh and fully understand why he did what he did on the second so no blame on him. Cobwebs off after a break and go again next weekend!

Mile dean as usual was his arrogant useless self getting so many basic decisions wrong!!!

Well it wasn't pretty but it is a point, a clean sheet and 2 points dropped by Wolves.

18 more points should be enough for the top 4. Anything against Man City would be good but the real key matches are the three home games against Brighton, Crystal Palace and Villa. I know we don't like the addage of so-called "must win" games but for me they are.

We need to up our intensity levels and start to move the ball quicker than we are at the moment.

4 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

It's not what people are getting at though is it. Of course when people take a step back and look at it, they'll be over the moon. But what people are also saying is with recent results and performances, they're worried teams can catch us, it's fair reasoning.

Losing champions league positioning from this point, with the high stock on most of our players, could be devastating. Europe will be our best hand to play in keeping the likes of Maddison, Ricardo, Chilwell, perhaps even Soyuncu and Ndidi.

I would like to know Why any hardened supporter,still looks in the Gloomy side.I for one believe we will carry in picking up strong points,und enough to Keep us

in the Top 3...I follow that line & Trait supporting this club on its modern Ethos of....Foxes & fearless,with just a few barking mad hounds,snapping at our tails....

We wouldnt be foxes otherwise,now would we....??

Thank God I have an ally in @Bluetintedspecs  and a few others....Every game day seems to send out the wobbly-kneed scaremongers,and spirits of impending

doom....

Klopp & L'pool have taken nearly 4 years,to get their ex-young squad,to start showing through,

incuding accordingly the loss of Star players, like Suarez & Courthino, resurgence of Henderson,& Milner...that with a Stronger squad and more Financial clout...

We have just started....and some are behaving like the Chickens in the coup instead of the fox trying to get in,with having hounds,delighting in having a few bites!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This was a really good result for us, wolves know how to nullify us and they were unlucky not to score. 

As long as we beat the terms in the lower half of the table well be ok.  

The result was fine.  The problem was that the performance was dreadful - and most of them have been since Christmas.  And not only that, there are too many players who frankly don't look all that interested.  It's perfectly legitimate to be worried about those things, even if we're still in good shape in the table.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, reynard said:

Well it wasn't pretty but it is a point, a clean sheet and 2 points dropped by Wolves.

18 more points should be enough for the top 4. Anything against Man City would be good but the real key matches are the three home games against Brighton, Crystal Palace and Villa. I know we don't like the addage of so-called "must win" games but for me they are.

We need to up our intensity levels and start to move the ball quicker than we are at the moment.

I would be very surprised if we need 18 more points for top 4. Sheff U will only get to 67 if they take 28 points from their final 36 available (2.33 points a game). They're currently at 1.5 points a game which would take them to 57 for the season if they keep it up.

I think all of the chasing pack will struggle to hit 60 points.

15 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I would like to know Why any hardened supporter,still looks in the Gloomy side.I for one believe we will carry in picking up strong points,und enough to Keep us

in the Top 3...I follow that line & Trait supporting this club on its modern Ethos of....Foxes & fearless,with just a few barking mad hounds,snapping at our tails....

We wouldnt be foxes otherwise,now would we....??

Thank God I have an ally in @Bluetintedspecs  and a few others....Every game day seems to send put the wobbly-kneed scaremongers,and spirits of impending

doom....

Klopp & L'pool have taken nearly 4 years,to get their ex-young squad,to start showing through,

incuding according the loss of Star players, like Suarez & Corthino, resurgence of Henderson,und Milner....with a Stronger squad and more Financial clout...

We have just started....and some are behaving like the Chickens in the coup instead of the fox trying to get in,with having hounds,delighting in having a few bites!!!

Oh I'm firmly in your camp, I believe there's enough winnable games to see us over the line, but I'm far from confident of it.

But to claim fans are unhappy at being 3rd in the league is wide of the mark.