Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

9 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Wouldn't bet against Man City winning their appeal. Big sides always get fines, suspensions etc reversed. Look at Chelsea this season. If it was Leicester we would be banned and gave points deducted. Again don't bet on Man City being out of the Champions League next season

Much what I was thinking however they might keep Man City out if it lets United qualify in fifth.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Happy with the result but Christ that was a chore. Those two teams must be kept apart forever. Two awful spectacles.

Wolves are just a horrible team. They had 10 men behind the ball, looked like the away team and we had the same shots on target, they will struggle to get into Europe again. We just need that spark in midfield or on the win, then the goals will come against this type of team, an away point was a good result.

Edited by Dorkingfox

8 hours ago, Nathan mcc said:

Youri carrying far too much timber in my opinion to be a top class player! 40mil seems a waste of money the more the season is going on

I think we have to accept that Youri is not naturally an elite athlete, but makes up for it very often with creativity and a good footballing brain.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

I appologise for being thick but I don't see what point you're trying to make?

Are you saying we shouldn't have sacked Ranieri who would have took us down?

Puel who the less said about the better?

Or not appointed Rodgers who i'm delighted with how we started the season but since late November/Start of December has arugably been Puel-like, possession without purpose.

Either way we've followed this Pep fanboi opinion of 'we must keep the ball, for keeping the ball sake, without going anywhere other than sideways with it' mentality throughout all three options, throwing away all of what we're actually good and effective at because we were 'found out', yet we have been 'found out' in this style too. hpw come we seem to be the only team that are 'found out'.

As I said in my very first post in this thread, as soon as Pep, his boring football and his fanbois **** off with the 'this is how you play football' opinion **** off the better. After tonights 'big news' hopefully it'll be very soon.

We are now the sort of team that City 15/16 would have loved to play against 

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Fosse93 said:

Some absolute morons in this thread. 

WE ARE THIRD IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE. 

Yes. Because we over-achieved vs. xg early in the season and won games that we were lucky to. Now we're reverting to actual xg/below xg we're getting the results we should be with the performances we're delivering. 

We aren't playing well any more. The fullbacks stop at the halfway line and pass the ball back to the central defenders. They pass across the line, we push up the other flank and then stop and pass back again.

The movement and pace from early in the season has gone. If the wingers stay glued to the touchline they are easily marked and Vardy is isolated. The fact is that we are an easy team to play against at the moment as we play in a highly predictable way. 

Continuing to simply say "we're 3rd, ffs!" is to ignore the lack of form and performance. If we'd started the season like this, we'd be about 12th, "ffs".... 

Edited by Flappit
  • Thanks 1

Some of the dramatic reaction on here are comparable to the works of the Bronte sisters.... 

My opinion on the current situation is;

We’re are a pretty good team, with a top class manager. The first half of the season we we’re stunning, playing with bags of confidence and picking teams apart at will, we’re we punching above our weight? In my opinions yes, we were playing out of our skins and really hit the ground running.

Since the seasonal turn we’ve been a bit meh, some games we’ve looked great and others not so, it all started at Everton when they came down and stopped us from controlling the game, and that for me has been the theme. The games we’ve played poorly in have been games with a lack of quality and a constant beak in the flow (Liverpool and City aside). Teams seem to want to get a bit dirty and disruptive by committing a lot of fouls, going down easily etc, etc. We need the game to flow and then we’re good, not many teams can cope with us when the game flows and we’re allowed to get our mojo on.

So that begs the question why are we like we are? Is it Rodgers? Is he actually pap? Is it the players are they pap? Well it’s certainly not Rodgers..... I wouldn’t go as far as saying he’s polished a turd but we’re certainly far from a finished article, there are a few “upgrades” needed, but being in a CL spot now our transfer targets may have changed, hence why business was slow in January. 

We are a young side, which is a fact and a factor, but ask yourself this... sections of this forum seems to go into a mini melt down whenever points are dropped, so using that as an example, is it an expectation to win and play well every game? If it is then you’re suggesting we’re as good as Liverpool, which we are not.... no where near..... we’re still exceeding expectations, we’re not going to be as consistent as Liverpool or Man City... but we are good enough to finish in the top four. 

This “form guide” is a load of bollocks, all sides that don’t finish first or second will have a dip in form or have some inconsistencies somewhere in the season. 

Thus, Rodgers is a fine manager, we are a young and exciting team, and we’re going on a ****ing European tour. Lighten the **** up.

• Like 4

I've only just recovered from how digustingly boring and shit that game was. Decent point though. 

We should learn to create more chances when we have the ball so much and Rodgers needs to do something so our first halves are actually good. Puel had the same issue which is strange.

Very happy with the point- keeps Wolves at arms length, they will have to go on a remarkable run of form to catch us now.

What do we reckon- 5 wins and a couple of draws from our remaining 12 games to see us over the line? It's easily doable, and we might even need less than that. The fixture list will thin out, we'll have plenty of easier games than last night and our form should improve. 

We've got problems though. Perez doesn't appear up to it, at least not in his current role. He just strikes me as a player who doesn't know how to play in that position, constantly making the wrong runs, finding himself in no man's land and having very little impact on most games.

Chilwell needs some confidence. Watching him run into space, check back and pass to a defender every time is infuriating. 

The midfield seems way too lightweight without Ndidi, hopefully he's back next week.

Vardy is out of form but we're creating nothing for him.

Hopefully we get it together- all we really need is one run of form and we're pretty much there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adster said:

Completely embarrassing set up by Wolves. Sticking 10 men behind the ball and trying to hit us on the break. I thought they were supposed to be an ambitious team? 

Just on this point find it besuming that we are ‘sussed’ because we couldn’t get pass a 10 men defence playing a formation which is reliant on errors and counter attacking in Wolves. 

That was first blank since Liverpool on Boxing Day 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Why does Rodgers stick out Perez on the wing? What is his thinking? He’s better off being played in the number 10 role behind Vardy

Agreed, but arguably Maddison, Iheanacho, Tielemans or even Barnes would be better in that role. What we really needed was a winger, not a lightweight mediocre utility player. 

Yes, he has some technical ability and yes he can supply the odd decisive pass or flick on but, the latter is usually against very poor opposition and not nearly often enough. Yet, his optimistic protectors on here see these odd flashes as proof of an impending metamorphis into a player of brilliance. Bar one season his previous stats don't bear scrutiny, he had one season where half of it was unproductive followed by a purple patch crammed into a few weeks towards the end of a season, a huge risk for 30m.

Meanwhile, he still gets easily bundled off the ball, still keeps falling over, still gives the ball away, still remains anonymous and ineffectual for the majority of 90 minutes, if Rodgers even allows him to even stay on that long. He was a big 30m mistake and not what we needed but was a Rodgers expensive signing and therefore possibly there  lies the reason he's being persisted with.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dorkingfox said:

Some have forgotten the 80's and 90's, we should be on cloud 9, we are 3rd, up the Foxes.

It’s been going on all season, whining and grumbling, sometimes even if we win, go back to early season Sheffield Utd away when we brought Wes on to shut up shop,  some were complaining that we shouldn’t be winning games playing this way against a newly promoted side, it was ridiculous then and even more so now considering the season they’re having.

Yesterday it was vital we didn’t lose, a draw was fine in the grand scheme of things, we didn’t play well but football has always been about peaks and troughs, we are not going to win every game, nor will we play well every game but what a fantastic season we’re having, one of our best ever, we are inching our way to a top four finish and Champions League qualification and an away draw at one of the chasing pack was a decent result, they needed to win to gain ground on us, if we can’t be happy we should at least be satisfied.

• Like 3

Not surprised wolves have soo many draws on that showing but we needed to be much more imaginative led by Brendan.He seemed to have settled for the draw.

Ricky and the two centre backs were very good .

Kasper l was his usual dodgy self.Chilwell running down blind alleys again and then slipping the ball to Barnes with no room to work.Not forcing a single corner shows our lack of desire .Hamza always liable to dive in and it happened

We need wilf back ,and give a chance to praet and nacho .On current form this season could get very disappointing before it ends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adster said:

Completely embarrassing set up by Wolves. Sticking 10 men behind the ball and trying to hit us on the break. I thought they were supposed to be an ambitious team? 

Teams know how to almost guarantee getting a point against us with the possibility of shithousing a win now and you do it by doing what Wolves did.

We've beem found out like we did with our counter attacking football which made certain people insist we needed to change into this passive shite, we've now been found out in this style and to add to it it's boring as hell, now most teams combat it by finding a way round the problem but nope we just pass sideways and backwards.

As I said i'd be crucifying that last night if Puel was in charge as many others would, I'm not going to be contradictory now, gotta either find away around 10 men behind the ball and pronto or shake things up with a variation of styles.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Wolves are a decent side. Without the distraction of the Europa league I believe they would be up near us.

Sure they sat back and tried to hit us on the counter but they are the perfect tactics against us at the moment, we struggle to break them down and eventually we gift them the ball. They're quick at getting the ball forward why wouldn't they play that way ? 

I believe we really needed someone in  the transfer window just to freshen it up.

Poor performance but definitely a point gained rather than two lost.

• Like 2

Brendan would have wanted at least a point, away at a team who finished above us last year. We got one, we move on, get behind the lads for next week.

Everyone saying we are on a poor run....we battered Chelsea & Villa twice over the 90....scored 2 and got a point.....unlucky not to get 3/go through....take a point next week too.....

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

And the form table over the past 26 games appears to show us struggling badly in...erm... third place. In the Premier League.

.. how many points have we garnered in the last 10 games. We are set to get nothing from our next game. If we are the 7th best on our current run then it shows just how poor this league has been. 

Why you chose to include @NaijaFox in your reply is strange as his comments supported your argument, which I felt was clearly obvious.