Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Shoot out in Enderby

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I haven’t called anyone racist I’ll think you’ll find.

Im actually just on a casual wind up.

Although I was being serious the law states what you are saying is Considered racist and travellers make up about three separate Individual ethnic groups.

I shall play along. 

What did I say that was racist ? 

2 minutes ago, Barrowblue said:

Do you have the capacity to consider that all laws are open for discussion ? 

Questioning the definition of the word 'race' does not make me racist.

It doesn't no. Apologies I was confusing your posts with Yorkie's actually racist posts. Odd to be defending it quite so strongly if you're not though.

Of course I have the capacity to consider that laws are open for discussion, I don't think they go nearly far enough to deter hate currently.

2 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

It doesn't no. Apologies I was confusing your posts with Yorkie's actually racist posts. Odd to be defending it quite so strongly if you're not though.

Of course I have the capacity to consider that laws are open for discussion, I don't think they go nearly far enough to deter hate currently.

Shall we question the definition of the word 'hate' ??

Generalisations and stereotypes do not equate to hate. IMO.

8 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

You do realise there’s a difference between a gypo and a gypsy/traveller don’t you.

Just now, Barrowblue said:

Shall we question the definition of the word 'hate' ??

Generalisations and stereotypes do not equate to hate. IMO.

I think negative generalisations, punctuated by derogatory terms, about any group of people definitely constitutes hate. And when people are resorting to nonsense generalisations, that's generally a good indicator that their hate isn't remotely valid.

14 minutes ago, Barrowblue said:

I shall play along. 

What did I say that was racist ? 

Well denying their legal right to be considered an ethnic group would definitely be one. Stating you consider generalising ethnic groups as ok would be another. A blokes just been sacked by the bbc for that ffs.  😂 

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

I think negative generalisations, punctuated by derogatory terms, about any group of people definitely constitutes hate. And when people are resorting to nonsense generalisations, that's generally a good indicator that their hate isn't remotely valid.

I disagree, I believe the people you are describing are just ignorant, which we all are to some degree. 

Hate is a much stronger word than you are giving it credit for. 

If I set up a tent in Bradgate it does not make me a bedouin. Just as living in a caravan in a lay by does not make one a gypsy. 

Pointing out that this brand of traveller is nothing but trouble does not equate to discrimination against the actual Romany gypsy. 

I

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well denying their legal right to be considered an ethnic group would definitely be one. Stating you consider generalising ethnic groups as ok would be another. A blokes just been sacked by the bbc for that ffs.  😂 

Nope, I didn't say generalising ethnic groups is ok . 

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You do realise there’s a difference between a gypo and a gypsy/traveller don’t you.

The word you're using most frequently is just a derogatory slur, that allows you to be dismissive about a whole range of different groups, ethnic groups, communities and people. Your posts have absolutely been racist.

5 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

The word you're using most frequently is just a derogatory slur, that allows you to be dismissive about a whole range of different groups, ethnic groups, communities and people. Your posts have absolutely been racist.

Ethnic groups and communities aren't a race. Could be insulting or derogatory to call them gypos, pikeys, diddycoys or whatever, certainly not racist. 

9 minutes ago, Barrowblue said:

I disagree, I believe the people you are describing are just ignorant, which we all are to some degree. 

Hate is a much stronger word than you are giving it credit for. 

There is a difference between being ignorant about something, and preaching negative views about a group of people. I am ignorant about Bangor City Football Club fans, know nothing about them. But if I start seriously claiming they're all a bunch of thieving aggressive scumbags then that stops being ignorance and definitely is something stronger. I think hateful fits the bill. Not saying it's not based in a lack of understanding (it definitely is), but it's not just ignorance.

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

There is a difference between being ignorant about something, and preaching negative views about a group of people. I am ignorant about Bangor City Football Club fans, know nothing about them. But if I start seriously claiming they're all a bunch of thieving aggressive scumbags then that stops being ignorance and definitely is something stronger. I think hateful fits the bill. Not saying it's not based in a lack of understanding (it definitely is), but it's not just ignorance.

Having been the victim of racism in the workplace, I have encountered both ignorant stereotyping/ banter & hateful people who just want to make my day as shit as it could be. 

One of them I could have taken the bloke outside for a chat. The other was just given back with my own ignorant stereotyping/ banter. 

There's a massive difference. 

13 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

So, apart from the racist stuff, what are your actual thoughts on the shooting in enderby?

edit.

and the baseball attack outside the primary school in enderby

and the other numerous accounts of violence around brockington collage that just happens to be between two travellers camps

Edited by yorkie1999

1 minute ago, The Syrup said:

Ethnic groups and communities aren't a race.

Well our government includes discrimination based on ethnic origin as a type of racial discrimination.

https://www.gov.uk/discrimination-your-rights

But oh well, let's defend intolerance because you disagree with definitions.

It irritates me sometimes as I grew up less than 20 minutes walk away from a camp site and they were largely well behaved, kids came and went from the local school, not a shotgun in sight in 20 years. But I do know in other areas of the county there have been groups that have caused large scale violence and plonked their sites on public grounds they have no right to be on at a massive inconvenience to the local population who’s council tax is paying for it. There’s going to be resentment.