Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Shoot out in Enderby

Merc

In an update this morning police said more about the severity of their injuries.

One of the injured people, who is in his 50s, had “suffered a serious gunshot injury” the police said. The wound is not believed to be life-threatening.

Police cordon off a road in Enderby (Image: Dan Martin)
The second man is in his 20s and his injuries are described as neither life-threatening or life-changing. Both men remain in hospital.

Further investigations have been continuing this morning into the incident, in which a police car was badly damaged while responding to the incident.

A silver Mitsubishi with suspected bullet holes in it has been recovered in the area of Ashton Drive.

Update from the previous baseball incident

A 33-year-old man has been arrested following an alleged baseball bat attack in a Leicestershire village.

Officers were called to a street in Enderby after reports that a man in a car had been assaulted.

Leicestershire Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.

The attack took place on Monday February 10 as parents waited to collect their children from nearby Enderby Danemill Primary School at the end of the school day. 

A spokesperson for the force said: "The incident happened at 3pm in Mill Lane, when a man was assaulted with a baseball bat. A vehicle was also damaged in the incident.

"The arrested man is in police custody on suspicion of violent disorder and causing grievous bodily harm."

Details of the victim, his injuries and condition have not been made available.

The police spokesperson added: "Inquiries into the incident are ongoing, and we understand a number of people who were in the area witnessed the attack and found it distressing.

"We would still like to speak to anyone who did see what happened."

Anyone with information should call the police 101 number.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/man-arrested-over-baseball-bat-3858919

I didn't realise there were two conflicting

sites in Enderby.Big new one under way on the A5 near Hinckey.

The sites at Mkt Harborough have had some serious offences recently and Costalot at Bagworth are another very undesirable bunch and the law doesn't go anywhere near it.

They just love a fight .I did a job for a big wedding venue in Luton and they are terrified of letting in a travellers wedding.Owner told me his staff went to clear the  bottle and glasses from the tables and the customers said no leave em well need em later !

31 minutes ago, dynamark said:

I didn't realise there were two conflicting

sites in Enderby.Big new one under way on the A5 near Hinckey.

The sites at Mkt Harborough have had some serious offences recently and Costalot at Bagworth are another very undesirable bunch and the law doesn't go anywhere near it.

They just love a fight .I did a job for a big wedding venue in Luton and they are terrified of letting in a travellers wedding.Owner told me his staff went to clear the  bottle and glasses from the tables and the customers said no leave em well need em later !

It's the Bagworth lot and Enderby Blaby road lot that are currently feuding.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/15-year-old-boy-arrested-3867090

A 15-year-old boy has been arrested in connection with an incident when two men were shot in Enderby on Sunday.

The teenager was arrested this afternoon in connection with the incident and is being questioned by officers.

Two men, one in his 50s and one in his 20s, suffered serious shotgun injuries in the incident which shocked local residents.

They have since been discharged from hospital.

At about 7.45pm on Sunday, officers received a number of reports of vehicles racing in the area of Blaby Road and Ashton Drive, outside Brockington College .

Reports suggested that a number of the men in some of the vehicles were in possession of guns. Armed officers were sent to the scene.

A Leicestershire Police spokesman said: “Two men were subsequently located and believed to have been injured in the incident.

“They were taken to hospital following the incident and have both since been discharged.”

A damaged silver Mitsubishi vehicle was recovered in the area of Ashton Drive. The damage is believed to have been caused by the use of a firearm.

Initial reports also described three other vehicles in the area. They were two dark-coloured BMW vehicles and a silver Audi vehicle.

A police spokesman that significant enquiries have been ongoing following the incident including speaking with witnesses, carrying out CCTV trawls and house-to-house inquiries.

Detective Inspector Tim Lindley said: “We have made this arrest but our enquiries are very much ongoing and we continue to appeal for further information following this incident which caused understandable concern in the community.

“Anyone who has any information at all, and has not yet spoken to police, is urged to do so, no matter how insignificant it might seem. If you have any CCTV or dashcam footage we also urge you to check this as it could provide us with some vital information.

“Thank you to everyone who has assisted us with our enquiries so far and for your patience and co-operation as our investigation continues.”

Four police officers were injured when two armed response cars collided at the scene of the incident.

Anyone with information should contact police on 101.

We covered this incident live, read all the updates here.

Interesting thread(for me) as nothing about this serious incident reported nationally. Some discussion earlier in the thread about travellers, discrimination etc: the Equality Act protects people who have a 'protected characteristic' against discrimination - and this may result in more favorable treatment in some circumstances.. Race (and it is established travellers fall into this category) is such a category.

Anyone else get annoyed that the press reports like the one above fail to mention it’s a feud/issue involving travellers/gypsies. 
Surely that is a key part of the story and if people are genuinely interested in the story this is one of the first things they would want to know.  Might just be me but always find that very strange.

• Like 3

I'm not too fussed as violence is just that and they are residents albeit temporary, maybe.

But I'm sure if it was rival football fans like LCFC & Cov even if it was miles from the game it would get mentioned.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I'm not too fussed as violence is just that and they are residents albeit temporary, maybe.

But I'm sure if it was rival football fans like LCFC & Cov even if it was miles from the game it would get mentioned.

I think this is the point though, councils were told they have accommodate travelers because it is their way of life to roam the countryside and work where work is temporarily available. Obviously if you set up permanent residence on a site that's supposed to be for temporary residents, then you are breaking the law as well as not making the site available for your fellow travelers, which is the whole intention behind travelers sites. We then get too many travelers in one area all looking for a piece of the action, and consequently the violence that comes with it.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/were-being-kicked-out-caravans-2953664 

Merc

Police have revealed a third man was shot in an incident in Enderby on Sunday night,

Officers were investigating what they believed was a double shooting that happened at around 7.45pm in Blaby Road near Brockington College but they have today said another person was fired at.

Leicestershire Police said that man did not originally make himself known to officers.

He suffered minor injuries.

18 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Interesting thread(for me) as nothing about this serious incident reported nationally. Some discussion earlier in the thread about travellers, discrimination etc: the Equality Act protects people who have a 'protected characteristic' against discrimination - and this may result in more favorable treatment in some circumstances.. Race (and it is established travellers fall into this category) is such a category.

In that case, how can the "Equality Act" be equal?

• Haha 1

Just an aside, this is what the Bagworth "travellers" did to my response car a few years ago...

Smeared it with a mixture of dogshit and red fence paint. They even packed dogshit under the door handles. Then they wonder why they're unpopular with the general population.

Ironically, the reg plate seemed relevant.

FB_IMG_1582374187159.jpg.61ce334db8a378896eaa7bd322fe669b.jpg194300718_FB_IMG_15823741962021.jpg.d7b7bb73cb827e672cf56d574fb66293.jpgFB_IMG_1582374206509.jpg.25db543fa5bc4dc718eb27694a3e7ba1.jpg

Edited by Parafox
  • Sad 3

35 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Just an aside, this is what the Bagworth "travellers" did to my response car a few years ago...

Smeared it with a mixture of dogshit and red fence paint. They even packed dogshit under the door handles. Then they wonder why they're unpopular with the general population.

FB_IMG_1582374187159.jpg.61ce334db8a378896eaa7bd322fe669b.jpg194300718_FB_IMG_15823741962021.jpg.d7b7bb73cb827e672cf56d574fb66293.jpgFB_IMG_1582374206509.jpg.25db543fa5bc4dc718eb27694a3e7ba1.jpg

I think if I was to say what I wanted to say in response to this I’d get a hefty ban and probably upset a few of the weirdos who seem to find this sort of behaviour defendable. 

It makes me incredibly angry. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

In that case, how can the "Equality Act" be equal?

The explanatory notes to the Act say The Act has two main purposes – to harmonise discrimination law, and to strengthen the law to support progress on equality.

So I guess answer to your question - it is perceived there is discrimination against travellers, which needs addressing in law.

I am sure everyone has their own opinions on this...

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

That's awful, I really really can't comprehend why anyone would want to do that :(

On 22/02/2020 at 14:21, Parafox said:

I know a gym not far from me who would let them in to use the punch bags when no other gym would. The owner went in the bag room one afternoon after they’d been in there and found shit spread all over the walls. There’s a reason why these people get such a bad reputation. 

• Like 1

On 23/02/2020 at 19:44, Vlad the Fox said:

I know a gym not far from me who would let them in to use the punch bags when no other gym would. The owner went in the bag room one afternoon after they’d been in there and found shit spread all over the walls. There’s a reason why these people get such a bad reputation. 

No. You've got it all wrong m they're lovable tinkers who suffer a bad reputation and you shouldn't, in any way, suggest otherwise. 

Like I said, living in a park in a tent doesn't make me a bedouin. Living in a static in a layby doesn't make them Romany Gypsys.