Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Coronavirus Forum

As its sadly taking over everything for a while, there are quite a few subjects to discuss so it might be important some threads dont get lost like the emergency services thread relating to coronavirus.

Is it worth having a seperate section for this or a subsection within general chatn, even just for a few months?

6 hours ago, Nalis said:

As its sadly taking over everything for a while, there are quite a few subjects to discuss so it might be important some threads dont get lost like the emergency services thread relating to coronavirus.

Is it worth having a seperate section for this or a subsection within general chatn, even just for a few months?

It's a good idea but many important posts concerning this have simply been removed from the forums already. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Barrowblue said:

For some reason I'm not allowed to contribute to the coronavirus topic. How do I address this issue ? 

Private message one of the Mods or perhaps better to message the owner of the site @Mark That way you can find out if you are banned and perhaps get some clarification when you will be allowed back. 

16 hours ago, Barrowblue said:

For some reason I'm not allowed to contribute to the coronavirus topic. How do I address this issue ? 

Wear a mask, wash your hands and stay away from others.

17 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Private message one of the Mods or perhaps better to message the owner of the site @Mark That way you can find out if you are banned and perhaps get some clarification when you will be allowed back. 

I have done this. The message was read, remains unanswered however. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2020 at 12:10, Barrowblue said:

I have done this. The message was read, remains unanswered however. 

Give it a week and see if you're back. They don't usually give a reason, I assume they don't have time, but you might find you're back soon unless you've been particularly naughty. 

If you've got into a particularly fierce argument, particularly if it involves politics, that could be why?

2 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Give it a week and see if you're back. They don't usually give a reason, I assume they don't have time, but you might find you're back soon unless you've been particularly naughty. 

If you've got into a particularly fierce argument, particularly if it involves politics, that could be why?

Mark has replied, I'm permanently banned from general chat due to being argumentative, which of course we all know having a different opinion is not allowed.   He also mentioned I may not agree but it's 'just the way it is'

I don't know how I could not agree with such refined reasoning. 

Edit. Definitely no politics involved. No fierce arguments either. 

Edited by Barrowblue
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MattP said:

I'm banned from GC now, how long does this usually last?

There is no usually.

My latest ban is as a result of our conversation getting a little bit - barely - towards political in the Corona thread. If and when our general chat incarceration ends, we'll need to stick to a different thread. Though I'm not particularly minded to get into big debates with you like the old days tbh.

• Sad 1

Is it just a random banning? It's not consistent in the slightest.

There must be favourites or something as some posters get away with blue murder. Others mention something vaguely political in response to something highly political and bang gone.

It's like North Korea, we only hear what they want us to hear. Bizarre.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toddybad said:

There is no usually.

My latest ban is as a result of our conversation getting a little bit - barely - towards political in the Corona thread. If and when our general chat incarceration ends, we'll need to stick to a different thread. Though I'm not particularly minded to get into big debates with you like the old days tbh.

The old debates were classic! 😂Really dont get the issue to be honest. 

We have differences of opinions, generally that's ok and healthy. Now we have a situation with the same people saying the same stuff and agreeing, if you say something different they all complain about you to the mods.

People like you toddy who have good reasoned arguments for opinion I can respect, even if on occasion we have different visions. Occasionally things boiled over but most adults can and should be able to deal with that themselves, I never thought there was too much bad blood. Same goes for a lot of the good reasoned posters left or right, full respect.

There are some that trot out the same old drivel about certain political views with a derogatory tone and this is allowed time after time, it's clear who they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Is it just a random banning? It's not consistent in the slightest.

There must be favourites or something as some posters get away with blue murder. Others mention something vaguely political in response to something highly political and bang gone.

It's like North Korea, we only hear what they want us to hear. Bizarre.

Many thought that @MattP was a favourite but now he's banned so I'm not sure that's the case.

I reckon the mods just go by the 'report post' function and then decide if it's a banning offence or not. There's so many thousands of posts on here each day that I'm sure this is the only way they can fairly police it.

I've only ever used the 'report post' once and that was a few weeks ago when someone was really offensive. interestingly that post then got removed and I haven't seen the offending poster since.

I'd like to think that's how the system works anyway...

19 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Many thought that @MattP was a favourite but now he's banned so I'm not sure that's the case.

I reckon the mods just go by the 'report post' function and then decide if it's a banning offence or not. There's so many thousands of posts on here each day that I'm sure this is the only way they can fairly police it.

I've only ever used the 'report post' once and that was a few weeks ago when someone was really offensive. interestingly that post then got removed and I haven't seen the offending poster since.

I'd like to think that's how the system works anyway...

Sure it's not always the way to go as I get the feeling some people report anything and everything. Its seems some quite offensive posts are allowed to stand. I dont get it I dont think anyone ever will.

You get the kind of 'just the way it is' response above if you question. 

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Sure it's not always the way to go as I get the feeling some people report anything and everything. Its seems some quite offensive posts are allowed to stand. I dont get it I dont think anyone ever will.

You get the kind of 'just the way it is' response above if you question. 

I think this is the issue.

Because the mods can't possibly read everything that's posted, some offensive posts will 'slip through the net' if not reported.

I imagine the mods rely on the 'report post' function so posters can in effect 'self police' the place.

If some posters report anything and everything then these reports will get people banned I guess.

I may be wrong of course...

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

I think this is the issue.

Because the mods can't possibly read everything that's posted, some offensive posts will 'slip through the net' if not reported.

I imagine the mods rely on the 'report post' function so posters can in effect 'self police' the place.

If some posters report anything and everything then these reports will get people banned I guess.

I may be wrong of course...

Get more mods :P = Solved

But srsly, i have prob reported 5 things in 4 years that were just nope...  Many other things i disagree with and think 'Srsly Man' but just move o'. so just ignore :S 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

But srsly, i have prob reported 5 things in 4 years that were just nope...  Many other things i disagree with and think 'Srsly Man' but just move o'. so just ignore :S 

Well volunteered Suze :appl:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Reported :mad:

• Haha 2