Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Coronavirus Forum

11 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Get more mods :P = Solved

But srsly, i have prob reported 5 things in 4 years that were just nope...  Many other things i disagree with and think 'Srsly Man' but just move o'. so just ignore :S 

That's how most people should think. Clearly if it is based on this there are some that get upset by absolute trivial nonsense! If they are really so pathetic and they cant cope with a challenging opinion outside their echo chamber  then the world is done!!

I have to say the only time I have reported is when Ive been banned. I get annoyed and start to submit all the people that have said equally 'controversial' stuff, normally I could care less. There is one political post in the Corona thread that is allowed to stand, I picked it up and was banned....odd.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

Guest MattP
On 22/04/2020 at 09:30, Toddybad said:

There is no usually.

My latest ban is as a result of our conversation getting a little bit - barely - towards political in the Corona thread. If and when our general chat incarceration ends, we'll need to stick to a different thread. Though I'm not particularly minded to get into big debates with you like the old days tbh.

Should bloody well think so as well given I won them all.

36 minutes ago, MattP said:

Should bloody well think so as well given I won them all.

In hindsight it's kinda embarrassing that I apparently 'lost' so many arguments to somebody who's main method of discussion is memes, emojis and blooper reels :ph34r:

On the upside, all the best people are in this thread anyway @Strokes @Webbo @Foxin_Mad @Izzy

Edited by Toddybad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Toddybad said:

In hindsight it's kinda embarrassing that I apparently 'lost' so many arguments to somebody who's main method of discussion is memes, emojis and blooper reels :ph34r:

On the upside, all the best people are in this thread anyway @Strokes @Webbo @Foxin_Mad @Izzy

Errrr ...   just the 4 toddy ? ...     no one else ?? ........           :(

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Looks like I'm banned again :nigel:

8 hours ago, MattP said:

Think we have a one in one out policy.

And I'm never re-instated. Which of the three of us causes less arguments in the gen chat thread?

Guest MattP
29 minutes ago, FIF said:

And I'm never re-instated. Which of the three of us causes less arguments in the gen chat thread?

I'm not getting into an argument about that.

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

How come you can still post in here? When I was banned I couldn't post anywhere on the whole forum. I couldn't even send messages! 

There's a forum ban or a site ban. Some people are banned only from the gen chat because Mark thinks they need a cool out time or he simply doesn't want them chatting to people and helping them with their problems. The site ban is more to tell you to desist or go away.

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

How come you can still post in here? When I was banned I couldn't post anywhere on the whole forum. I couldn't even send messages! 

Just from GC. 

Though I'm post limited across the whole forum.

No idea why, can't even be bothered to ask. It's become a weekly thing.

38 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

Just from GC. 

Though I'm post limited across the whole forum.

No idea why, can't even be bothered to ask. It's become a weekly thing.

lol

Honestly no idea how you keep getting banned, again not seen anything worthy of a ban personally or anything even above mid table in terms of incendiary. It's articulatory incredible when you see the drivel that remains. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

lol

Honestly no idea how you keep getting banned, again not seen anything worthy of a ban personally or anything even above mid table in terms of incendiary. It's articulatory incredible when you see the drivel that remains. 

I've said many times I deserved the first ban 18+ months ago. I haven't deserved my treatment since. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

lol

Thanks mate :)

Edited by Mike Oxlong

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2020 at 09:20, HighPeakFox said:

There's a reason i avoid General in general, and also do my very best to swerve politics - because if i did say what I think about a number of issues, I'd be getting ban after ban for having the 'wrong' set of strong opinions.

The thing is, we're acting on a private forum that for some has become such a part of their life, it feels practically public, so people do have the tendency to behave as if they were at home.

I mean, it's great we can voice our opinion, that's what a debate is all about, but I'm guilty of it myself for forgetting that I'm merely a guest by invitation on here, and that I can be hit with a ban any day, without any reason given.

Technically, bans are warranted, because the owner and the moderators can act as they wish. They own this.

What you can argue is the missing line sometimes, the bans usually do come across as rather erratic.

I do hope you find a way of expressing your views in General Chat in one way or another. It's up to you to find out how far you can go.