Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
January47

Exercise at home

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

I am far too uncoordinated for skipping ropes! Sounds a good idea though.

I am a big fan of the Fitnessblender you tube work outs - they have some apartment/small space friendly ones: https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/apartment-friendly-workouts-that-pack-a-punch-workout-videos-for-apartments-small-spaces 

I'm a big fan of sitting on me arse and doing fvck all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, rachhere said:

Fair enough! There's some yoga style videos which might form a gentle transition for you :thumbup:

Only kidding, I cycle 14 miles a day to get to work and back, just getting ready to walk the dogs, they will get at least 5 miles maybe more.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

Got myself one of these 40 in 1 resistance workout things recently. Pretty good tbf

SportZ 40-in-1 Resistance Machine RRP £49.99

What's it called? Looks interesting, have been thinking of buying some weights for a while but idk

My main source of proper exercise is swimming but cant do that now so looking for alternatives. Flatmate has a Peloton thing cluttering the place that I could use but don't fancy it much

13 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

What's it called? Looks interesting, have been thinking of buying some weights for a while but idk

My main source of proper exercise is swimming but cant do that now so looking for alternatives. Flatmate has a Peloton thing cluttering the place that I could use but don't fancy it much

Here's the link mate

http://www.ebeez.co.uk/fitness/sportz-40-in-1-resistance-machine.html

£30 inc P&P and does the job :thumbup:

14 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Zwift is what I'm interested in - you do actual races assist other people rather than just classes like peleton. 

I’ve said on other threads, I’m back doing Insanity Max 30 which is an excellent work out with no equipment other than a floor matt.

It’s pretty grim going every day but it really lifts my mood for the day knowing I’ve managed to get through it. Also, it’s a 2 month programme so it gives you an end goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve said on other threads, I’m back doing Insanity Max 30 which is an excellent work out with no equipment other than a floor matt.

It’s pretty grim going every day but it really lifts my mood for the day knowing I’ve managed to get through it. Also, it’s a 2 month programme so it gives you an end goal.

Might give this a go mate, cheers! 

Been looking at dumbbells to carry on weights training, but I don’t fancy paying £50 for two 15kg dumbbells. Does anyone know where I can get cheaper or am I going to have to lump it with the going price?

30 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Been looking at dumbbells to carry on weights training, but I don’t fancy paying £50 for two 15kg dumbbells. Does anyone know where I can get cheaper or am I going to have to lump it with the going price?

You can download it all for free so if you do it don’t bother paying. I think if you google Beach Body the first couple of weeks are free at the minute.

https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/on-demand-workout-videos.do

Edited by Costock_Fox

9 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

One things for certain, when all this is over, we’re gonna have the fittest nation ever.

There'll be a big divide:

1 - the exercisers. They've been out every day in the glorious sunshine so they'll have a bit of a tan and a great set of legs

2 - the pasta hoarders. They've eaten pretty much only carbs since the first week of February so will have been extremely lethargic, done no exercise and will have clammy blotchy white skin, and put on a stone or two. Can't wait to see the state of my office in a couple of months.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

In this current climate, it's difficult to get hold of any weights for a half decent price - most seemed to go at the same time as the toilet paper. I ended up buying some weights a little over a week ago, and even then most places were saying "out of stock". 

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Shep said:

There’s one on amazon for £20 but it’s saying delivery by April 27th. Unsure about the postage time on the above one though. 

I saw the Amazon ones, but they were saying the 5th of May, so I gave up on that. The checkout on the ones above doesn't seem to be working at the minute.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

How long did it take to deliver?

It took about 5 days I think, but I ordered it before the lockdown started.

Home fitness equipment seems to be the 'hot' thing at the moment so I imagine there will probably be delays now