Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Dingbats !

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

P.S.  I have been posting some homemade ones of late ..  as I noticed some people seemed to get the tricky ones that you could look up online ...   since I have done that those two people have not got one right ...

Those two people were ...

Stan and Flannel !!!!! .....    :schlupp:

Columbo strikes again.

12 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

P.S.  I have been posting some homemade ones of late ..  as I noticed some people seemed to get the tricky ones that you could look up online ...   since I have done that those two people have not got one right ...

I don't take part in it much these days as in most cases when I do, always met with the wrong answer, or just far too late because others get there beforehand :dunno:.

But nice to know you think I cheat just cos I get one out of several right. Well done Colleen. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I don't take part in it much these days as in most cases when I do, always met with the wrong answer, or just far too late because others get there beforehand :dunno:.

But nice to know you think I cheat just cos I get one out of several right. Well done Colleen. 

You should have met that with Rebecca Vardy’s statement, disappointing Stan.

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

J for joke Stanley ...   :D

26 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

lol its hit and miss if i have time to join in. If I see it straight away I'll answer. If not I'll have a few guesses if I have time, but if I don't I'll leave it.

And that's my defense and I'm sticking to it :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

Being as the teacher is away, I think a bit of collaboration is in order...!

Something to do with sellers/cellars? Four sellers (foresellers)?

Retailers?

Is the CHAD bit significant?

:dunno:

I have minor hopes for my "Hanging Chad" suggestion........remember Bush v. Gore in Florida 2000?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_(paper)

"Chad refers to fragments sometimes created when holes are made in a paper, card or similar synthetic materials, such as computer punched tape or punched cards. 

In the 2000 United States presidential election, many Florida votes used Votomatic-style punched card ballots where incompletely punched holes resulted in partially punched chads: either a "hanging chad", where one or more corners were still attached, or a "fat chad" or "pregnant chad", where all corners were still attached, but an indentation appears to have been made. These votes were not counted by the tabulating machines. The aftermath of the controversy (see Bush v. Gore) caused the rapid discontinuance of punch card ballots in the United States"

One the Baron returns from thrashing his serfs, laughs at my suggestion and gives me some abuse, I might reconsider. 

10 minutes ago, Milo said:

Being as the teacher is away, I think a bit of collaboration is in order...!

Something to do with sellers/cellars? Four sellers (foresellers)?

Retailers?

Is the CHAD bit significant?

:dunno:

Chad is a country as well as Alf's description.

I toyed with 'Country shops' and 'Olde Worlde Shops' because three out of the four descriptions weren't modern parlance but wasn't satisfied that either rang true.