Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Dingbats !

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I've tried the clue, saying it out loud and over and over, but it's just resulted in me sounding like a twat. The only thing I can get from that is that the end could be I swear, so other than that no idea! 

I did this too lol

33 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

3 words on the page, 1 of them in the dingbat: By + Abbey + Wear [in dingbat].....say the words together = "Buyer Beware", as proposed by @KingsX.

But the Latin "Caveat Emptor" is more commonly used, mate, so I win, as I'm sure the Baron will shortly confirm. :whistle: 

Not everything in life has to be translated you know mate :rolleyes:

:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

3 words on the page, 1 of them in the dingbat: By + Abbey + Wear [in dingbat].....say the words together = "Buyer Beware", as proposed by @KingsX.

But the Latin "Caveat Emptor" is more commonly used, mate, so I win, as I'm sure the Baron will shortly confirm. :whistle: 

If Mrs CF was marking this Alf you would have won ...   as she said virtually what you said ...    but sadly she isn’t ..   so you didn’t ...   :)

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

If Mrs CF was marking this Alf you would have won ...   as she said virtually what you said ...    but sadly she isn’t ..   so you didn’t ...   :)

Shocking lack of leadership by the Baroness. Tell her that a hapless great lump like you needs a good woman to boss him about! :D

Congrats, @KingsX.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

As this seems to be a tricky one I think whoever gets it can be the first member in the Dingbatting Hall of Fame ...

First I’d like to thank my mom and dad … and of course my beautiful wife … it all started with a boy with a dream, back in …

CheapTrickRRHoF.JPG.e754e84b9cb1744f24137115d5013843.JPG

hey wait a minute, where’s my trophy ?!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, KingsX said:

First I’d like to thank my mom and dad … and of course my beautiful wife … it all started with a boy with a dream, back in …

CheapTrickRRHoF.JPG.e754e84b9cb1744f24137115d5013843.JPG

hey wait a minute, where’s my trophy ?!

Sadly that was pre clue giving ..   bad luck. 

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

:appl: ...    down in one ...  well done !  

Found that one bloody easy. Still sore over the nation of shopkeers and buyer beware since they are no so bloody obvious but that’s the beauty of dingbats. 

keep them coming mate. This is my favourite thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1