Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Investments, stocks, shares

HVO - Genuine top company 

EEE - Exploration company who has possibly the biggest titanium discovery in Australia

POLB - Cash rich and potentially on the verge of a big deal for it's first drug 

STX - Also worth a look as they have a marketed iron deficiency product that doesn't require hospital visits. 

These are my 4 i'm happy to share. Not financial advice 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

EEE - Exploration company who has possibly the biggest titanium discovery in Australia

STX - Also worth a look as they have a marketed iron deficiency product that doesn't require hospital visits. 

HVO getting good reviews - just became profitable, earnings forecast to grow 16.75% per year. SimplyWallSt estimate it is trading at 22% below fair value (allows for the recent run-up I assume)

17 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

HVO getting good reviews - just became profitable, earnings forecast to grow 16.75% per year. SimplyWallSt estimate it is trading at 22% below fair value (allows for the recent run-up I assume)

HVO is my core holding and has been for many years now. 

It's got a good management and a policy of under promise over deliver. It's a refreshing change to most of the frankly corrupt shit on AIM. 

I'm holding all the way until it's taken over. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bmt said:

Would have been pretty good advice start of last year 

Indeed. We could all do with a crystal ball.

The best advice is to never take any advice from some random guy on YouTube or FoxesTalk. Make and take responsibility for your own choices. Don't blame others if things go wrong.
Even taking advice from so-called experts in the investing industry is a minefield. The industry has repeatedly shown that over 90% of its so-called investment management experts cannot even beat the S&P-500, MSCI-World or other trackable indices.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Remember that in trying to buy shares based on knowledge that other people haven't got or haven't yet applied, you're not on a winner.  You're competing with full time professionals who know far more than you do.  Unless you have genuine inside info, you can't beat the pros except (generally) by good luck, or by having a policy that they don't happen to share - either way, going down is a likely as going up.

Yep. Only way to beat the system is to be luckier, smarter, or cheat. The second isn't going to happen, the last will more likely land you in big trouble as it will make you rich, so it's down to the first.

• Like 1

Think people are conflating the day traders who are betting against other traders in ETFs, short selling etc and people investing in companies.  If you buy shares in a sector you think is going to perform, you're not betting against other professionals, but against the performance of a company.  It's not always a case of someone having to lose for someone to win when investing.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Remember that in trying to buy shares based on knowledge that other people haven't got or haven't yet applied, you're not on a winner.  You're competing with full time professionals who know far more than you do.  Unless you have genuine inside info, you can't beat the pros except (generally) by good luck, or by having a policy that they don't happen to share - either way, going down is a likely as going up.

The pros operate on black edge. Active trading generally has no real advantage over passive trading, unless you have black edge. Buffet's bet against Ted Siedes was of of the good examples of this.

Insider trading is commonly accepted to be rife in the system. Chinese walls in banks are never going to be that effective. Compliance dudes work in compliance for a reason

On 12/01/2024 at 16:55, Zear0 said:

Think people are conflating the day traders who are betting against other traders in ETFs, short selling etc and people investing in companies.  If you buy shares in a sector you think is going to perform, you're not betting against other professionals, but against the performance of a company.  It's not always a case of someone having to lose for someone to win when investing.

The point is that the current share price of a company takes into account the market expectations of its future.  If it's already known that it is going to be big and profits are going up, then at least part of that will already be reflected in its share price.  

• Like 1

On 12/01/2024 at 10:47, Lako42 said:

I added HVO a few weeks ago and they’re already up 27%.

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Just when it felt like things were calming down markets now crapping the bed again

Unfortunately we can't go a week without some world leaders signalling their desperation to completely unsettle the middle east / world. 

Plus the real thought of Donald ****ing Trump being back on the scene. 

The new normal is uncertainty I'm afraid. 

25 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Unfortunately we can't go a week without some world leaders signalling their desperation to completely unsettle the middle east / world. 

Surprise jump in inflation in UK not helping UK either.

I agree, it's not shaping up to be a calm year is it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Surprise jump in inflation in UK not helping UK either.

I agree, it's not shaping up to be a calm year is it?

It was never going to be a calm year. With the obvious geopolitical turmoil happening, multiple wars and a UK and US election. Everybody's micro circumstances will change this year, whether materially or not, they will change. That's why I was amazed at the willingness to take out 5-year mtg's in the other thread because they seem affordable now, maybe a lot of people are more risk-on than I am which is fair enough.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
12 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Yes all that cheap energy and no wars really did for me in that horrid four year period Larkin 🤣😉

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Think I'm gonna come out of my main stocks and shares ISA  fund and take a 5% cash ISA for at least the next 12 months. 5% sounds appealing atm

I'm similar thinking although left the s and s where it is for now on the basis of "in it to win it" (current strong growth Vs Europe has to filter through to London exchange surely) but instead moved a load of other stuff into a range of 5% plus accounts so pleased to have cash. Finally!

May well regret not locking everything down for the three years offered at five percent but where would the fun be in that.

15 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Glencore down 4.5% :(

Is that Suez and grain division doing that to them?

Normally grain trade loves a crisis, they always seem to do well.