Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Investments, stocks, shares

5 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Is that Suez and grain division doing that to them?

Normally grain trade loves a crisis, they always seem to do well.

It may be because China’s GDP came in at 5% rather than the expected 5.1%.

It seems a bit extreme but mining stocks are fairly volatile

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, BlueBrett said:

Sell everything. It has begun. 

4 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Well?

It's the Michael J Burry approach. Predict huge stock-market crashes every single year, and eventually you will be right

• Like 3

Guest BlueBrett
On 31/01/2024 at 12:41, CheeseHead said:

It's the Michael J Burry approach. Predict huge stock-market crashes every single year, and eventually you will be right

haha pretty much

but winter really is coming...

I only hope it comes in the form of a spectacular crash rather than the alternative 40 year Bear Market that sucks us dry insidiously.

Current valuations, especially in the NASDAQ, are beyond unsustainable. They are insane. 

I wouldn't recommend shorting it because who the fk knows about exact timings and it seems to have taken on a life of its own but I'm telling you now NVIDIA and the like will be some of the most spectacular widow makers ever seen. 

Edited by BlueBrett

22 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

haha pretty much

I only hope it comes in the form of a spectacular crash rather than the alternative 40 year Bear Market that sucks us dry insidiously.

Current valuations, especially in the NASDAQ, are beyond unsustainable. They are insane. 

I wouldn't recommend shorting it because who the fk knows about exact timings and it seems to have taken on a life of its own but I'm telling you now NVIDIA and the like will be some of the most spectacular widow makers ever seen. 

They're probably overly priced on the AI hype train currently, but they've basically got a monopoly on consumer and industrial GPU manufacturing.  Not sure they're a dead company walking.

• Like 2

Guest BlueBrett
37 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

They're probably overly priced on the AI hype train currently, but they've basically got a monopoly on consumer and industrial GPU manufacturing.  Not sure they're a dead company walking.

Trading at almost 40 times revenue. Unreal. 

Then there's Meta - Share price exploding despite dwindling profits (in an inflationary environment too)

AAPL - Revenues up 64% since 2015, share price up 600 percent.

Microsoft - Valuation expanded at 5x the rate of revenue.

It's the same story everywhere you look. Dotcom all over again. 

Not to mention all the macro issues and the fact that governments are still in denial (or literally just don't care) about the dangers. US debt is entering a death spiral, the job numbers are fake and gay, inflation numbers even faker and even gayer, GDP numbers a total farce since they include "gains" produced 100% by debt financed government spending that have nothing whatsoever to do with actual productive economic activity.

Plus the dying down/reversal of a number of hugely significant tailwinds that we have enjoyed over the last 40 years - cheap Chinese labour, boomers and their wives in job market, relative geopolitical stability, declining interest rates...

They will keep propping it up as long as they can by stealing yet more of our wealth through money printing and various other "stimulus" measures but ultimately the trajectory is clear and it is not pretty.

7 hours ago, BlueBrett said:

Trading at almost 40 times revenue. Unreal. 

Then there's Meta - Share price exploding despite dwindling profits (in an inflationary environment too)

AAPL - Revenues up 64% since 2015, share price up 600 percent.

Microsoft - Valuation expanded at 5x the rate of revenue.

It's the same story everywhere you look. Dotcom all over again. 

Not to mention all the macro issues and the fact that governments are still in denial (or literally just don't care) about the dangers. US debt is entering a death spiral, the job numbers are fake and gay, inflation numbers even faker and even gayer, GDP numbers a total farce since they include "gains" produced 100% by debt financed government spending that have nothing whatsoever to do with actual productive economic activity.

Plus the dying down/reversal of a number of hugely significant tailwinds that we have enjoyed over the last 40 years - cheap Chinese labour, boomers and their wives in job market, relative geopolitical stability, declining interest rates...

They will keep propping it up as long as they can by stealing yet more of our wealth through money printing and various other "stimulus" measures but ultimately the trajectory is clear and it is not pretty.

Non of this is new my friend. 

Are you 100% cash?

The key here is to have an eye on things and have a defensive core holding. 

My portfolio is very specific and it doesn't include any of the magnificent 7.

22 hours ago, BlueBrett said:

haha pretty much

Many of the US Large Caps are overvalued but there’s plenty of undervalued companies out there.

With inflation and interest rates falling I don’t see a crash any time soon, I think 2024 will be see

stocks steadily rising.

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

What’s a gay job number ??

Let's check the gay desk.

On 03/02/2024 at 14:37, BlueBrett said:

Just to clarify …….

Guest BlueBrett
On 04/02/2024 at 11:57, Spiritwalker said:

Many of the US Large Caps are overvalued but there’s plenty of undervalued companies out there.

With inflation and interest rates falling I don’t see a crash any time soon, I think 2024 will be see

stocks steadily rising.

Agree there are still opportunities in a couple of sectors. A number of miners look very cheap to me and pay great dividends, bullish on a few energy stocks and of course Bitcoin is the future - if the future holds anything positive at all. 

Market may continue to rise in fiat terms for some time yet given that it's an election year and we have seen that the people in charge have no qualms about selling out future generations and making up lies. Trees don't grow to the sky though so if anyone is currently sitting on tidy gains from the MAG7 I'd seriously consider starting to take profit. They may still go up another 20-30% from here, who knows, but if you've already doubled your money or maybe even better is it really worth holding on to squeeze out every last drop at the risk of getting caught out by the inevitable massive correction? Obviously everyone has to make that judgment for themself, not trying to tell anyone what to do with their money. Just a word of caution to my FT brothers not to get caught up in the tech euphoria and to protect yourselves. Probably sounds patronising af haha