Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

£1BILLION dream team of the most expensive English talents?

2 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s crazy when you’re third in the league with 9 games to go and people are picking out “worst” players. Deary me. 🤦🏼‍♂️

It's fact. You compare against the 10 other regulars and Chilwell is the pits. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I guess you need miserable fookers out there to make sure Newton’s third law remains intact ....

That's where I've been going wrong all these years. To not be a miserable fooker all you need to do is learn to love Chilwell? 

I'll give it a go. 

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

That's where I've been going wrong all these years. To not be a miserable fooker all you need to do is learn to love Chilwell? 

I'll give it a go. 

Perhaps not try to find fault as your default position...?

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Perhaps not try to find fault as your default position...?

I'm very positive with all of the players (excluding Chilwell) on here and have shown unwaivering support over the years, even to those who have been easy pickings for other posters.

Chilwell is someone I have always criticised over the years because I really do believe he is utter shite and have seen nothing to change my mind, apart from the odd good game that I normally praise him for. 

If we get £80m for him I will probably need medical assistance from laughing. 

Edited by Collymore

Just now, Collymore said:

I'm very positive with all of the players (excluding Chilwell) on here and have shown unwaivering support over the years, even to those who have been easy pickings for other posters.

Chilwell is someone I have always criticised over the years because I really do believe he is utter shite and have seen nothing to change my mind, apart from the odd good game that I normally praise him for. 

If we get £80m for him I will probably need medical assistance from laughing. 

Of course, you're entitled to believe what you like. But 'utter shite'? Please don't expect anyone to take you seriously with this sort of extreme position.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Of course, you're entitled to believe what you like. But 'utter shite'? Please don't expect anyone to take you seriously with this sort of extreme position.

If we're critiquing Chilwell as England LB and worth £80m then he has been. 

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

I'll give it a go. 

No one is saying to love him, but we’ll blown out of context. Why when we are having the season we are do we have to have a “worst” player. Embarrassing. But hey ho, I guess Brendan Rodgers, Gareth Southgate and two of the biggest Clubs in the world don’t know much compared to FoxesTalk. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bert said:

No one is saying to love him, but we’ll blown out of context. Why when we are having the season we are do we have to have a “worst” player. Embarrassing. But hey ho, I guess Brendan Rodgers, Gareth Southgate and two of the biggest Clubs in the world don’t know much compared to FoxesTalk. :rolleyes:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Rodgers would happily get rid. 

As for Southgate, it's one of the biggest mysteries of the universe that he's first choice LB. 

59 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Rodgers would happily get rid. 

As for Southgate, it's one of the biggest mysteries of the universe that he's first choice LB. 

Deary me, we are third in the league and you thing our starting left back, who is also wanted by the biggest clubs on the planet and is also England’s left back is shite.

Im sure certain posters on here are so desperate to be right, so they can say I have never rated him rather than loom at the facts.

He is highly rated by almost everyone in the game, he’s come up through our academy and because the lad makes the odd mistake or

has tough patches, can’t imagine why his confidence might drop?? Some amongst our own fans decided he’s utter shite... I think that says more about you than him.

• Like 1

Chilwell isn’t shit, I don’t mean this in a particularly demeaning way but he’s an average left back with some positive aspects to his game and some negative.

He’s a brilliant athlete because of his leap, pace and strength. He carries the ball up the pitch well but isn’t great at taking players on, his crossing is usually poor and isn’t convincing defensively. 

If we receive an offer upwards of £50m we should probably sell. Even if we don’t immediately replace him, Justin can play next season at LB who has looked incredibly promising so far and needs minutes. If we do replace him I’m confident we can sign a better player and reinvest the remainder into improving the squad. 

Chilwell valuation I'd take all day.

Hes a great player and a great athlete and I genuinely hope we keep him to be honest. However I remember during a spell in the season that teams were consistently finding him predictable and putting 2 players on him all the time. It got to the man city match and we had to give him cover with our DM's all game and even then Mahrez still beat him well.