Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Everton 2-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

Everton 2-1 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.3

Total Average Rating

115 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kelechi Iheanacho Substitute 7.1
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Harvey Barnes 3.6
  4. Manager Confidence 83% 0%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 01/07/20
Voting Ends: 04/07/20

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. James Justin
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Çağlar Söyüncü
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Marc Albrighton
  8. Dennis Praet
  9. Youri Tielemans
  10. Harvey Barnes
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. James Maddison (sub)
  13. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub)
  14. Demarai Gray (sub)
  15. Ayoze Pérez (sub)

20 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Thought Nacho Chilwell (how on Earth is he at 5) and Tielemans played well 

Vardy and Barnes terrible again.

Our attacking players have looked awful for ages, no matter who they are. I don't feel like I can seriously tell you whether Vardy is in form or not, because our team doesn't come close to playing to his strengths. Youri was okay. Chilwell was mostly as rubbish as the rest of them, and surrendered possession almost every time he had it.

Said it before but we need better than a stay/leave option for the manager. He should be scored out of ten like the players, and he wouldn’t do well out of tonight’s game. Still the best man for the job, 100%. Like I said.

Second point, I don’t score the players less than 3 hours after FT, and I’m not about to change that. But after four post-restart games some general comments might be ok:

1 - this isn’t ‘bottling’. This is not being good enough 

2 - however good he looked at Brentford or at home to Villa, JJ isn’t ready, yet, for PL football 

3 - that apart, we have a great defence, sometimes let down by those in front of them

4 - we need, desperately, another AM. There’s far too much pressure on Maddison, who was great when he came on, then neutralised when YT went off

5 - Iheanacho is too good not to play most of most games; Albrighton’s awfulness, Gray’s ‘Gray-ness’, Perez’s wimpishness - they’re just not good enough at this level - means that until we solve the RW problem we have to at least start with a diamond 

6 - thanks Marc, you were fabulous for three seasons. Now please, let us release you & don’t mess up your legend status. Now. No need to wait for the season to end, thanks. Bye.

Time for Brendan to earn his millions!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Barnes and Vardy seem to be in competition since the restart over who can be the most anonymous

Vardy has not been great but he did not have any service. Not his fault.

Barnes on the other hand needs to do better with his positioning. Even Nachos managed to drop back often to take a pass and then connect the play upfield. Barnes needs to do more of that, unless he is asked to play forward. But he was not, so he needs to drop back to take a pass just like Nachos did.

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Vardy has not been great but he did not have any service. Not his fault.

Barnes on the other hand needs to do better with his positioning. Even Nachos managed to drop back often to take a pass and then connect the play upfield. Barnes needs to do more of that, unless he is asked to play forward. But he was not, so he needs to drop back to take a pass just like Nachos did.

This is wearing thin for me. Yes its not great but his touch is poor, sharpness non existent and passing wayward

• Like 3

Kasper 7

Justin 5 Defensively sound but very limited going forward

Soyuncu 8 MOTM Rescued us a couple of times. Such aggression, poise and pace. What a defender he is

Evans 7 Fine

Chilwell 7 Thought he was one of our better players

Albrighton 5 Put in a couple of excellent crosses first half but we have no muscle or presence in the opposition penalty area. Faded as the game went on but it was not for lack of trying on his part

Tielemans 6 Slightly better than recent games. Nice run in the first half that Vardy should have done better with

Praet 5 Anonymous and laboured in his play as he often is to me. He’s pretty average 

Ndidi 7 Pretty sound again. Bit unlucky with the pen but it probably was one

Barnes 3 Terrible 

Vardy 3 Terrible. Yes there was a lack of service to him but his touch, passing, and whole round game is totally off. He’s shattered 

Maddison and Iheanacho changed the game and we didn’t deserve to lose it

*very disappointing lack of urgency in the final few minutes. Spent ages playing pretty sideways passes when we should have been chucking it into the box. How are you going to score otherwise?*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Kasper 7

Justin 5 Defensively sound but very limited going forward

Soyuncu 8 MOTM Rescued us a couple of times. Such aggression, poise and pace. What a defender he is

Evans 7 Fine

Chilwell 7 Thought he was one of our better players

Albrighton 5 Put in a couple of excellent crosses first half but we have no muscle or presence in the opposition penalty area. Faded as the game went on but it was not for lack of trying on his part

Tielemans 6 Slightly better than recent games. Nice run in the first half that Vardy should have done better with

Praet 5 Anonymous and laboured in his play as he often is to me. He’s pretty average 

Ndidi 7 Pretty sound again. Bit unlucky with the pen but it probably was one

Barnes 3 Terrible 

Vardy 3 Terrible. Yes there was a lack of service to him but his touch, passing, and whole round game is totally off. He’s shattered 

Maddison and Iheanacho changed the game and we didn’t deserve to lose it

*very disappointing lack of urgency in the final few minutes. Spent ages playing pretty sideways passes when we should have been chucking it into the box. How are you going to score otherwise?*

Happens every game and often involves Chilwell in the sideway combinations.

On your ratings, generally agree except Praet. He was one of the better players first half - amongst other things he whipped in a few dangerous crosses (no, I did not mistaken him for Albrighton). It was disappointing he was subbed out - I may have even subbed Ndidi out and let Praet play there given we needed someone to bring the ball out and it should not be Maddison who proved in the first 30 mins he was on he is more suited to playing closer to the front two.

Edited by Tom12345

22 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

Can’t believe Albrighton has a lower rating than chilwell or Praet today. Wow

Agreed I saw 3 papers and together with Ineacho was ranked the best player and I have to accept they see a lot more football than  90% on here and  undoubtedly more knowledgeable. Disappointed with Rodgers saying disappointing when Radio Leicester said first half  was the worst they have played since entry into the Premier league

• Like 1