Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Its the hope that kills you...

I refuse to say its over until its over.

..and its not over yet.:scarf:

If football has taught us anything its it is an unpredictable funny ole game.

Today we are still 4th despite the majority deciding we were already fifth.

If Bournemouth can turn around a game that was lost, if Southampton can deny ManU 3 points in the dying seconds, and Chelsea (the  in-form team) lose 3-0,  anything is still possible.

Therefore I BELIEVE and will support the team to the final whistle on 26th July...and beyond.

Don't ask HOW we will do it,  just get behind the lads and give them the support they need. They've never needed us more than now.

We're on this white knuckle ride together and we'll see it through to the end.

Bring it on!

Come on Leicester!!! :scarf:

Trying to be positive here but it’s hard. However, people were not expecting Bournemouth to ‘thump’ us 4-1 and there’s been a couple of results recently that were unexpected. Anything can happen. We may well get a good result we aren’t expecting and it’s game on again (whether we deserve to be in the CL or even the EL is another question altogether though). 

• Like 1

Frankly, I must confess have no longer have any ‘hope’ so no danger of imminent fatality here. :fc:

Contrast Southampton, comfortably ensconced in mid-table with substantively NOTHING to play for, fighting balls-out until the very last whistle against a supposedly superior opponent last night with us, who have EVERYTHING to play for, folding like cheap seats against much inferior opposition. Hope? Nah!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Frankly, I must confess have no longer have any ‘hope’ so no danger of imminent fatality here. :fc:

Contrast Southampton, comfortably ensconced in mid-table with substantively NOTHING to play for, fighting balls-out until the very last whistle against a supposedly superior opponent last night with us, who have EVERYTHING to play for, folding like cheap seats against much inferior opposition. Hope? Nah!!

Couldn’t agree more. Watching the heart, belief and comfort in attack that Southampton exhibited was almost embarrassing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Saints Never Quit.

Hadn't we used to say something similar?

I still have hope, but title winning season aside: there must of been a shift in the space time continuum that season, being a fan of our club is just a rollercoaster ride of emotions.  My daughters have seen the light and have followed the family tradition of supporting Leicester, only now do they understand how painful it can be at times when their hope is abruptly curtailed against Bournemouth.

2 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Not gonna do this to myself.

In 2014, 2016, the team had bottle and mental strentgh which are nowhere to be seen in this one.

Let's see how they handle Sheffield United, then we'll talk.

This is what worries me. Those teams had fight, they had spirit, they had bottle and most of all they believed in it and believed in the manager or perhaps the great Esteban in the great escape. but you get my meaning. This squad ... most believe their own hype, they don’t seem as connected as other squads and squad harmonics just don’t seem right to me. I’ve been waiting it since January but something just doesn’t feel right about this squad. I honestly think it revolves around transfers and ‘traditional big clubs’. I’m not in the conspiracy that this was done to weaken our chances by other clubs. But the media love in for them and how they fix on our players and create stories about how they’d fit in, link in or whatever phrase you care for. Hate the media. 

10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

At least you got the team right, the boy on co comms on sky last night said we were playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last game. 

Multiple times whilst the main commentator lets him about it for 30 seconds :facepalm:

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

Life line handed yet again.

Weve never done it the easy way. Ever. 

Foxes 🦊

Just on the Topic headline.....I

Now its time,Not just for the team to find its balls,but the fans. also...!!

We have have all been gutted,that longest rod of the longest knee-jerk reaction has been hard to handle.

But Now ist Time we man up....lets understand that Football is about competition,Yes we have been presented a Wild card...

We have had our 3 Days of rants,and justfull heavy critic of Sunday Nights diabolical events....we still might Fall off again....

We are Leicester, we can take the shit,  the tears of Frustration have flown,we have repaired the window,the Television has been renewed,

Our Cats or dogs,are still hiding from us, & our wives will stay at their mums a bit longer...but we are Leicester ,we get up Brush ourselves down!!!

Prepared for the Next salvo...

On 13/07/2020 at 23:02, Sharpe's Fox said:

After watching us in the last 6 months, culminating in the biggest meltdown I've seen in ten years, I still don't have any confidence of finishing above Chelsea and United with chumps like Albrighton, Justin and Bennett starting for us.

...It wouldn't matter if we were at full strength!!!

There is absolutely no sign of us, being able to dig ourselves out of this malaise. If we could, we would have done by now.

Nothing Rodgers has said, gives me any confidence, that he knows how to get us out of this...absolutely no idea!!!

On 13/07/2020 at 23:02, Sharpe's Fox said:

After watching us in the last 6 months, culminating in the biggest meltdown I've seen in ten years, I still don't have any confidence of finishing above Chelsea and United with chumps like Albrighton, Justin and Bennett starting for us.

I thought Justin's been decent tbh, sure he doesnt beat opposition players at will like Ricardo but at least he's defensively solid and he's still young so the attacking know how will come as well.