Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rank how you felt (BEST 5)

I've assumed this is only games I went to.....

So I'll join the Sevilla 2017 chorus. Too many others to mention, but on thinking about it, the league games towards the end of the 91/92 season have stayed with me, bearing in mind we'd been utter dross for years up until that season. Tranmere away, Tranmere at home, Cambridge at home twice (once being the play off 2nd leg) were all amazing experiences.

20 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

So I'll join the Sevilla 2017 chorus. Too many others to mention, but on thinking about it, the league games towards the end of the 91/92 season have stayed with me, bearing in mind we'd been utter dross for years up until that season. Tranmere away, Tranmere at home, Cambridge at home twice (once being the play off 2nd leg) were all amazing experiences.

The Blackburn away game during that period was a great day too. Rooster, Rooster..... :scarf:

• Like 1

Difficult to narrow it down to 5 as there are so many that could be chosen. But these 5 stand out from games that I attended.....

Everton H (2016)

Man Utd H (Vardy 11 in a row 2015)

Orient A (1980)

Shrewsbury H (FA Cup QF 1982)

Wimbledon A (League Cup SF 1997)

44 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The Cambridge home game (night match) was a cracker. I only just made it into the Kop. Packed to the rafters. My old man was behind me and got locked out with hundreds of others.

Just for something no one else has mentioned yet I'm gonna go for a game we didn't even win! The 3 3 Arsenal game from 97. We were second best to arsenal throughout the game but those last 10 mins were utterly insane and I was still buzzing like crazy when I got home. I'll also stick the 2 1 home win over Chelsea in the title win. Not one many would pick but I didn't sleep all night afterwards. Dominating and beating a team I'd despised since the Erland Johnsen dive nearly 20 years previous, getting one over bellends like Terry, Costa and Mourinho and of course going top of the bloody league!!! Loved it

4 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

The Cambridge home game (night match) was a cracker. I only just made it into the Kop. Packed to the rafters. My old man was behind me and got locked out with hundreds of others.

The league match (2-1) was so tense - after all, they'd thrashed us at their place, and it's hard to believe now that they were so close to promotion to the Prem. They had Claridge, Dublin and Philpott in that team...

18 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

1. Leicester 5-3 Man Utd - for individual moments this was It. Absolutely shaking after the game. What a rollercoaster.

2. Man City 1-3 Leicester - Wow. Just wow. The realisation we were a top team.

3. Leicester 3-1 Everton - Just was an emotional game watching us slam Everton as Champions 😍.

4. West Brom 2-3 Leicester - Vardy has arrived, Leicester had arrived. I was confident we were staying up from here!

5. Leicester 2-0 Sevilla - It just felt like a bit of history was made. I wasn’t at the game unfortunately but felt like the most electric atmosphere even from the pub I was in. Incredible.

Honourable mentions to Nottingham Forest 2-3 Leicester - Absolutely buzzing after the final whistle. To get the playoffs after feeling they were gone so dramatically away to Forest. Incredibly day.

and Watford 0-1 Leicester Mahrez - not a great game but the feeling I had at the full time whistle was the first moment I genuinely felt ‘we have to win it from here!’.

That one. The away end was like a zoo. Still my favourite goal to this day.

• Like 1

The final whistle of Chelsea 2-2 Spurs dwarfs everything else in terms of wild celebration and total happiness.

Next up the two playoff final wins, and the two League Cup final wins.

At the King Power it has to be Everton 2016. What a day!

1. 96 playoff final

2. Howard vs Leeds

3. Sevilla

4. 5-3 against

5. 3-3 with Arsenal 

Honorary mention - Hazard v Spurs. Would have been better to secure it in our own game, a win against United would have trumped all of the above, but the celebrations that followed are always going to be up there

Edited by Jimbo

West Brom in the great escape season - that Vardy goal may still be my favourite of all time.

Sunderland 4-2 in the title winning season - beautiful day, I was back home after a long period abroad, we had stayed up, playing free-flowing football.

Man Utd 5-3 - watched this in a bar on the Turkish coast on a beautiful late summer's day with virtually no tourists around.

Preston 1-0 (09/10) - after such a long time of mediocrity, to be back in the 2nd tier playoffs was fantastic. 

Derby 4-1 in the promotion season (closely followed by the away win at Leeds that followed) - felt like we were back as a club.  

Leicester 2-0 Sevilla - I felt like I'd been on the pitch that night after it lol

Leicester 5-3 Manchester United - Simply unbelievable.

Nottingham Forest 2-3 Leicester - The range of emotions on that day, my god.

West Brom 2-3 Leicester - The day I knew we had our mojo back and to do it in that fashion too.

Manchester City 1-3 Leicester - We absolutely destroyed who I thought were the best team in the country. 1-3 doesn't do us justice. That could've been 0-6.

23 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The league match (2-1) was so tense - after all, they'd thrashed us at their place, and it's hard to believe now that they were so close to promotion to the Prem. They had Claridge, Dublin and Philpott in that team...

Yeah, they were a horrible team to play against. Made Wimbledon look like Brazil 82.

John Beck did everything to make opposing teams uncomfortable. 

Based on Games attended, which is a tough ask! I’d say (in no particular order after the first couple 🤣):

Leicester City 2-0 Sevilla: The match had everything. A crazy atmosphere, up against the odds, drama throughout and reaching the quarter finals of the Champions League!!

Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United: I’ve gone on record with this before, but once we hit 3-2 & 3-3, you could physically feel the momentum shift in the stadium. As a newly promoted side, putting 5 past United was incredible, as was seeing Cambiasso pull on a Leicester shirt!!

Leicester City 1-0 Leeds United: Howard proper bullet header in the 93rd minute, we knew we were getting back at the first attempt, we were as good as promoted that day

Leicester City 3-0 Nottingham Forest: They’d stuffed us 5-1 earlier in the season, both sides going for the playoffs. Closely fought game, first sellout in a long time. Cracking Gallagher free kick, Berner and King took it away from them 2nd half

Southampton 0-9 Leicester City: It had to go on the list! Once in a lifetime. I couldn’t really fathom how I felt after it to be honest. It was more quiet awe on the bus back to Leicester, and we were soaked through, but it was just incredible!

A mention for the Cardiff game after the crash also. Not the best game understandably, but we got through it with a win. The unity between the squad and fans that day and post match, I felt immense pride coming out the ground that day

Definitely the Sevilla home game, best atmosphere I’ve experienced at the KP.

TonyJames against Oxford, back in the day.

Steve Thompsons equaliser at Wembley against Swindon.

Claridges shin against Palace.  

Stevie Legend Walsh against Derby at Wembley.

Then there’s just other I guess irrelevant goals that I’ll always remember like Roberts scoring twice on his debut against Wolves and then ballooning what should have been his third or more recently Nachos winner against Everton and the scenes when it was allowed!