Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rank how you felt (BEST 5)

This is about personally how you felt after a game, which games personally gave you the most joy. 

(Create your own, rank mine or just be miserable and go to the worst games thread ;))

My 5.

1. Swansea- 4-0 
  2.  Sevilla 2-0
  3. Forest- 2-3   to make the playoffs
  4. Leeds 1-0 Steve Howard bullet header
  5. Spurs fa cup 3-2  coming back from 2-0 down to cause an upset... I loved this one

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

No Everton or Man City 3-1 in the title winning season or ManUtd 5-3?

For me Sevilla is probably my number 1. But there's so many.

Yeah Man U would defintiely be in there, slipped my mind. 

Just wanted to stick to 1 from the tile year, the Swansea game was that 1 for me, thought it would be weird to put the Chelsea-Spurs game in lol

In no particular order, these five just coincided great wins with life going well and the buzz was amazing each time;

Swansea at home great escape 2-0

Newcastle away title winning 3-0

Spurs away in about 99..3-2 taggart, Muzz 

Villa away under O'Neil 3-1. Muzz and claridge.

Marshall at atletico away

In no particular order...

1. Sevilla H

2. Derby Playoff Final 1994 A

3. Everton 2016 H

4. Cambridge Utd 1990 H Playoffs

5. Middlesboro 1997 A Lge Cup

Loads more, Forest away/Palace at Wembley/Oxford great escape/Utd 5-3 etc etc.....

Swansea 4-0, the day I finally admitted to myself we were going to win the league

1997 League Cup Final, being an 11 year old at the moment I remember going mental when Clarridge scored  more so than any other goal

West Brom 3-2, The great escape was on!

3-1 Man City 2016, ‘Leicester City are winning 3-0 at the Etihad Stadium and Robert Huth is on a hat-trick‘

Sevilla home game, never known an atmosphere like that before or since  

Edited by Staffs Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Sevilla for me or Ulloa vs Norwich in title winning season.

They are two of my favorites also. Sevilla because of the occasion and result.

Norwich for the heroic performance Ulloa gave in that game to make sure we got the points.

He was immense and battered the Norwich defenders at every opportunity into submission.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

This is about personally how you felt after a game, which games personally gave you the most joy. 

(Create your own, rank mine or just be miserable and go to the worst games thread ;))

My 5.

1. Swansea- 4-0 
  2.  Sevilla 2-0
  3. Forest- 2-3   to make the playoffs
  4. Leeds 1-0 Steve Howard bullet header
  5. Spurs fa cup 3-2  coming back from 2-0 down to cause an upset... I loved this one

Forest away whilst not my top one was truly epic celebrations!!

1. Leicester 5-3 Man Utd - for individual moments this was It. Absolutely shaking after the game. What a rollercoaster.

2. Man City 1-3 Leicester - Wow. Just wow. The realisation we were a top team.

3. Leicester 3-1 Everton - Just was an emotional game watching us slam Everton as Champions 😍.

4. West Brom 2-3 Leicester - Vardy has arrived, Leicester had arrived. I was confident we were staying up from here!

5. Leicester 2-0 Sevilla - It just felt like a bit of history was made. I wasn’t at the game unfortunately but felt like the most electric atmosphere even from the pub I was in. Incredible.

Honourable mentions to Nottingham Forest 2-3 Leicester - Absolutely buzzing after the final whistle. To get the playoffs after feeling they were gone so dramatically away to Forest. Incredibly day.

and Watford 0-1 Leicester Mahrez - not a great game but the feeling I had at the full time whistle was the first moment I genuinely felt ‘we have to win it from here!’.

1. Everton - 3-1: 2016. Because....well you know why...magical memories that I will carry for ever
  2. Arsenal - 3-3: 1997/98. Big Steve Walsh. Epic.
  3. Seville - 2-0: CL 2017. Scenes. Just Fantastic
  4. Middlesborough - 1:0: LC final replay 1997
  5. Man City - 1-3: 2016. Holy sh*t!! We are going to do this!!! 

There are so many though. The ups and downs over the years has made it a wonderfully emotional ride

Edited by Jacnah

1. Leicester 3-2 Forest ALLEZ LES BLEU

2. Leicester 2-0 Sevilla no words needed

3. Leicester 5-3 United ultimate blueprint for what a great game of football is, stunning goal from di maria too 

4. Leicester 3-2 Villa, I always remember this the most from the title winning season, was a thing of beauty to just turn it round like that

5.Leicester 3-2 West Brom, from the survival season, we played so well for ages and to finally get the 3 points with Vardy scoring at the death, that celebration always sticks in my head 

• Like 2

Guest ttfn

The 3-0 in Bruges was brilliant. Not sure it felt as good even as salvaging a 2-2 draw at MK Dons but it was an amazing experience.

In no particular order (and more then 5 because I cant leave anyone of them out):

Derby playoffs (I was very young and thought JJ was the best player in England). 

Man U 5-3 - What a great few days after that.

Man City 3-1 - We were awesome.

Boro (cup final replay)

Seville 2-0

Forest 3-2 (It felt like something like that never happens to us!)

Leeds 1-0

And a weird one....first half against West Brom (I think in 95) we went 3-0 up but basically played like Barcelona before Barcelona. It was an awesome footballing performance. Then Zelko stepped forward. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

Can’t put it down to just five but one I haven’t seen yet is the 1-0 away win at Burnley in the great escape. I remember coming away from turf moor buzzing that we could actually stay up. And then obviously the next season probably fills up most top 5’s. 

From the above 5

5. Spurs 2006 - A memorable win ,about the only one from 04-08. Back to reality not long after though.

4. Sevilla 2017. Could sense something would happen given how bad we were domestically. Bit like a Bouremouth in reverse with Vardy scoring away. Sevilla knew they left us back in. Low enough place as the others carried far more importance to the time.

3. Leeds 2009. Did what was expected of us League 1 but it ended the terrible 8 years there and then.

2. Forest 2013. Our great sliding doors moment. We nudged out Bolton and Forest. Likely saved Pearson,Shakey and Walsh. We might never be where we are today if we hadn't won.

1. Swansea 2016. The reality that the title was more or less wrapped up. Spurs slip up the night after helped but we were never losing the title after Swansea.

1st Crystal Palace Play Off Final

2nd Leicester 5 - 3 Man Utd

3rd Leicester 2 - 0 Sevilla

4th Leicester 2 - 1 Spurs (FA Cup, Schluup late winner, Away end went mental)

5th Leicester 0 - 0 Sunderland (When we secured Safety in great escape)

I decided to only choose games I went to. The last one was more a wow I cant believe we did it moment