Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC V Spurs Match Thread 2020

Not even stressed out. 

Was totally predictable. That starting eleven are nowhere near good enough sadly against most teams. Not helped by a set of officials giving every iffy decision Spurs way.

It was fcuked last Sunday. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not even stressed out. 

Was totally predictable. That starting eleven are nowhere near good enough sadly against most teams. 

It was fcuked last Sunday. 

Even so we played in the worst possible manner for that 11 out there, Rodgers isn’t pragmatic enough 

5 minutes ago, sdb said:

They're better than Spurs. With a lot more to play for.

It's one game man.

If Man Utd beat West Ham 2-0 in the week then it's winner takes all. We're far from out of this. Are you telling me it's near impossible to beat this Man Utd in a one off game at home?

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yeah it's Bennetts fault that Kane has creamed it in. It's a brilliant goal no one's fault. The 1st and 2nd goals were shite you can't say much about the third. 

How you work that out.

Show him down the outside on his weaker foot and he doesn't get a shot in.  Its basic defending.

Don't get me wrong it was a good finish but you don't let him come inside on his right foot.

Edited by Chelve84

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You know the criticism of Rodgers is just mind blowing sometimes and maybe I am on the side of him and see what he is trying to do. 

However, those who are against him or very critical of him, without getting into an argument because I truly understand your qualms with him when results are not going right (I was the same with Claudio in his second season), what do you expect him to do ? 

The top four in English football is one of the hardest nuts to crack in world football. Not many have got there over the traditional and vastly richer clubs. I can think of Everton and Spurs as the best examples. With a fit squad, this man got us to 2nd in the league. He lost Ndidi - a major component in our side. And results suffered. He then had to deal with the usual drop in form of young players who do sometimes suffer from inconsistency. To add to that, he’s come back on restart and had his starting 11 further depleted including the loss of arguably his best player, Ricardo. 

I am not making excuses for him but if you’re looking at your bench and have players who are actually mid to lower premier league players gunning for a top 4 team, they’re not really going to have that much of an impact. We play good stuff in parts - we just need that consistency. We need the experience of European football but we also need to ensure we don’t drop too far behind the top 6. This has been a learning curve season for a lot of the players - we will add to this squad come the summer and be better for it. Trust the process.

edit - today, we were let down by a poor player in Bennett. Simple as. He made the same mistake twice which cost us. Killed the game for us. Recruitment have a dropped the ball there but they’ve made some great decisions otherwise so it happens.

And likely lose players as well.

The problem is that I suspect we are likely to lose more quality than we add (albeit the economic effects of Covid may constrain transfer spending across the board).

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

And likely lose players as well.

The problem is that I suspect we are likely to lose more quality than we add (albeit the economic effects of Covid may constrain transfer spending across the board).

Without doubt, however, we are at risk of that regardless. The teams we should admire and aspire to is not the Barca and real Madrid’s. it’s the Napolis and Atletis. These teams still lose players to Juve and Barca’s of this world. Recruitment has to in the main be right. 

17 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You know the criticism of Rodgers is just mind blowing sometimes and maybe I am on the side of him and see what he is trying to do. 

However, those who are against him or very critical of him, without getting into an argument because I truly understand your qualms with him when results are not going right (I was the same with Claudio in his second season), what do you expect him to do ? 

The top four in English football is one of the hardest nuts to crack in world football. Not many have got there over the traditional and vastly richer clubs. I can think of Everton and Spurs as the best examples. With a fit squad, this man got us to 2nd in the league. He lost Ndidi - a major component in our side. And results suffered. He then had to deal with the usual drop in form of young players who do sometimes suffer from inconsistency. To add to that, he’s come back on restart and had his starting 11 further depleted including the loss of arguably his best player, Ricardo. 

I am not making excuses for him but if you’re looking at your bench and have players who are actually mid to lower premier league players gunning for a top 4 team, they’re not really going to have that much of an impact. We play good stuff in parts - we just need that consistency. We need the experience of European football but we also need to ensure we don’t drop too far behind the top 6. This has been a learning curve season for a lot of the players - we will add to this squad come the summer and be better for it. Trust the process.

edit - today, we were let down by a poor player in Bennett. Simple as. He made the same mistake twice which cost us. Killed the game for us. Recruitment have a dropped the ball there but they’ve made some great decisions otherwise so it happens.

But he only needed to get a win against the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich etc. Surely we're capable of that. If not we've got massive problems

• Thanks 1

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

I admire your optimism, but do you really see us pulling something off vs utd?

Why not?

I wouldn't say I'm particularly optimistic I just recognise we are far from without a chance. 

The betting markets implied chance of us qualifying for the CL is 23%, not great but you wouldn't want you life on us not qualifying.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Personally, I do. Unfortunately, even that may not be enough. 

If Man U wins big against the Hammers midweek, they will set up for a draw or low-scoring game at the KP. Not looking good tbh. :(

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's one game man.

If Man Utd beat West Ham 2-0 in the week then it's winner takes all. We're far from out of this. Are you telling me it's near impossible to beat this Man Utd in a one off game at home?

Yeah, without half our first team and them on the cusp of a wave I just don't see it. I can see us causing them problems but I can't see us not conceding at least 3. Just watching them now, they literally play at twice the speed we currently do.

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Yeah, without half our first team and them on the cusp of a wave I just don't see it. I can see us causing them problems but I can't see us not conceding at least 3. Just watching them now, they literally play at twice the speed we currently do.

Nothing to fear, it's a one off game and football over a short period is about small margins.

Tottenham scored most of the chances they had and we didn't, on another day we could have won that game 3-0. Whose to say how the fine margins drop next Sunday. We're more than capable of beating them.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If it was at Old Trafford we'd have no chance but I recall being in KP 3-1 down near the bottom of the league, at home to man utd being completely outplayed an worried of us getting spanked, an that didn't turn out to bad, so while it looks unlikely that situation looked even more unlikely. 

Edited by Beachyboy

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

But he only needed to get a win against the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, Norwich etc. Surely we're capable of that. If not we've got massive problems

But don’t all those results from the turn of the year fall into the reasons given previously ? We needed to freshen the side up in Jan. Players were lagging, form dipped. It happens to the best teams. The unfortunate situation we are in, the squad is not very deep to play the “Rodgers way”. To change the style to adapt to one or two players wouldn’t be very clever.

Today, it is very frustrating that we didn’t hold on to the win against Watford. Lack of concentration put us under pressure next Sunday and essentially makes United favourite after they beat West Ham.

20 minutes ago, sdb said:

It’ll be like a cup final. Anything could happen, and as you can see their “speed” isn’t currently helping them.

• Like 1